Seasons Playing Cards - SOLD OUT!

Author (Read 81490 times)

Re: Seasons Playing Cards
« Reply #175 on: March 11, 2012, 03:04:28 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
What is the code for the 20% off? Or is it going to be announced closer to release.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #176 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
What is the code for the 20% off? Or is it going to be announced closer to release.

the code is "ESS20"

to stay up to date on the coupons/codes check out this thread http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1055.0
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2012, 02:18:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

the code is "ESS20"

to stay up to date on the coupons/codes check out this thread http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=1055.0

They gave out the code to anyone who "liked" their Facebook page, and it's only going to be valid on their own now-unfinished website.  20% is one of the sweeter discounts around, eh?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2012, 07:05:38 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
So with the code, does this mean the set will be $16, because if so I feel $8 a deck is a steal for a deck of this caliber.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:25:44 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So with the code, does this mean rack set will be $16, because if so I feel $8 a deck is a steal for a deck of this caliber.

I didn't catch the price (or just forgot it) but if the set is $20, then YES, the set after discount would be $16!  A steal indeed!

« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
$8 a deck is a huge deal. I'd pay $12 each for those and not feel bad about it. I have to admit I don't think I'll be that generous with the discounts, 20% off to anyone (and by default it becomes almost everyone that can google) is a huge discount. :)
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Has anyone realized that the website for Seasons playing cards http://seasonsplayingcards.com/ is no there anymore? Are they preparing the website for the release? It used to have the Seasons logo and a way to Contact them.

« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Has anyone realized that the website for Seasons playing cards http://seasonsplayingcards.com/ is no there anymore? Are they preparing the website for the release? It used to have the Seasons logo and a way to Contact them.
I also realized that. I think they are locking it away before the release.

« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2012, 08:47:57 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
let's hope the website doesn't crash when Primavera and Seronda releases.. definitely getting my hands on some of these..

« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
let's hope the website doesn't crash when Primavera and Seronda releases.. definitely getting my hands on some of these..
I bet it will, Ellusionists site crashed for the Red Artifice, I am sure E`s server is way stronger than Seasons and I bet they will have pretty close to the same ammount of people for the seasons release as the Red artifice release.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:54:13 PM by Aaron »
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The site isn't "gone", per se.  They made the home screen a big blank field of white.  If it was truly gone, some cybersquatter would be on it with cheesy advertising "search results" or something.

I bet it will, Ellusionists site crashed for the Red Artifice, I am sure E`s server is way stronger than Seasons and I bet they will have pretty close to the same ammount of people for the seasons release as the Red artifice release.

"Stronger"?  Like, my server can beat up your server?  :))

Any company can pony up extra cash to rent extra server capacity in times of need.  E crashed for Red Artifice because they had some insane multiple above their previous record for number of hits, something they neither expected nor planned for.  Trying to sell products on a crashed website makes no one happy - I'm hoping Mr. Chin sees the potential for this and compensates accordingly.

« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

The site isn't "gone", per se.  They made the home screen a big blank field of white.  If it was truly gone, some cybersquatter would be on it with cheesy advertising "search results" or something.

"Stronger"?  Like, my server can beat up your server?  :))

Any company can pony up extra cash to rent extra server capacity in times of need.  E crashed for Red Artifice because they had some insane multiple above their previous record for number of hits, something they neither expected nor planned for.  Trying to sell products on a crashed website makes no one happy - I'm hoping Mr. Chin sees the potential for this and compensates accordingly.
I don't know what would the advantage for him, although the advantage for us is clear.
He would have to pay more and wouldn't get any more money in exchange.

« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I don't know what would the advantage for him, although the advantage for us is clear.
He would have to pay more and wouldn't get any more money in exchange.

No retailer wants a customer to end up shut out.  No retailer wants customers to get pissed off at missing out on a great product at the original retail price, leaving them forced to pay aftermarket prices if they still want (and can afford) them.

Lack of server capacity in a time of need is a great formula for bad PR.  The old saying about how there is no such thing as bad publicity is totally wrong in this instance.  Many people remember the E sale of the Red Artifice deck as "the Red Artifice disaster".  You can make up for bad PR over time, but some people will hold a grudge and it's simply better to avoid bad PR in the first place.

« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2012, 03:10:52 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
don is absolutely right in what he said. server crashes are annoying and frustrating to customers. the only thing that saved E was that they went out of their way to make sure that, if the customers were listening, they informed everyone what was going on almost every half hour.

and customers definitely hold grudges; i will never buy a devo product cause he's a douche, and i have yet to buy anything from t11 since that whole shindig went down
have you heard the word???

« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2012, 01:23:27 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
Anyone still looking forward to this? there was a post on facebook saying that it should be within another one more month to the release, the post was dated March 18th.

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2012, 01:29:12 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
This is one of my 'must-have' decks on the release date.  As long as they don't fuck up the shipping price like Mana, I will be buying a brick!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:31:44 AM by Russell CircleCityCards »
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2012, 05:30:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This is one of my 'must-have' decks on the release date.  As long as they don't fuck up the shipping price like Mana, I will be buying a brick!

Bad as that was, Mana did issue many people partial refunds on the shipping costs when they found a less expensive way to ship.  Handlordz had a shipping quote meltdown with their new releases, but they, too, are giving out refunds of the overcharges.

Biggest issue with Mana (and Skulkor, which you don't hear much about these days) was that they were shipping from Asia.  It seems silly, when the deck is made in the US, to ship all of it to Asia only to ship it back to American buyers at great cost, when simply leaving some with a US fulfillment company would have made them affordable for both the US and Asian markets.  Since I believe this deck is being made and shipping from the US, the only potential problem is quote glitches like Handlordz had this weekend, something that's easily resolved.

« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »

wiepie

• Forum Regular

• Facebook:

Bad as that was, Mana did issue many people partial refunds on the shipping costs when they found a less expensive way to ship.  Handlordz had a shipping quote meltdown with their new releases, but they, too, are giving out refunds of the overcharges.

Biggest issue with Mana (and Skulkor, which you don't hear much about these days) was that they were shipping from Asia.  It seems silly, when the deck is made in the US, to ship all of it to Asia only to ship it back to American buyers at great cost, when simply leaving some with a US fulfillment company would have made them affordable for both the US and Asian markets.  Since I believe this deck is being made and shipping from the US, the only potential problem is quote glitches like Handlordz had this weekend, something that's easily resolved.

These are exactly my future problems Don....!!You know what I mean.
Talk to you by next week !!

« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2012, 10:46:20 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Anyone still looking forward to this? there was a post on facebook saying that it should be within another one more month to the release, the post was dated March 18th.

Yeah totally! Like Russell said, this is a must have! Hopefully there aren't many more snags in the process and we can get the decks soon :)
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #194 on: March 28, 2012, 08:28:53 AM »

vmagic

Anyone know if somebody besides AceKing and Fullboatdealer will be selling these?

« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
From Seasonsplayingcards on facebook
We've got official word back from the USPCC. The Seronda deck will be printed on Friday and the Primavera deck will be printed on Monday. The tuck cases look gorgeous and we're very glad the machines handled the detail well. We've been told that the very latest they'll be fully packed by is the 9th. Since our distribution facility is literally next door to the USPCC it seems like it won't be too long now.

And for the question when they will go on sale they said :
Ideally that week if we can get the store running smoothly. Got a domain issue to deal with. www.seasonsplayingcards.com is someone posing as us that I've tried to contact with no avail. We might just have a temporary domain for the Early Supporter Launch. Keep you guys on your toes I suppose? Lol. We'll be sure to keep you guys in touch no worries.
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »

IAmTheChin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Hey guys,

Sorry for the absence. To catch you guys up on things. Had a bit of a debacle with a domain name so try to get your info from the fan page for the moment.

Also scrapped my old web page and started building a new one that can hopefully be easier for international shipping which is my biggest concern. If anyone has experience with it please let me know. Tubes will be shipped separately than the sets (which is where the shipping confusion comes in). If you buy multiple sheets up to 4 sheets can fit in one tube I believe.

The uncut sheets will be sold both separately and in a bundle. Buy the bundle and get a free set. The cards themselves won't be sold separately though for consistency of the sets. Makes sense, but some people wanted more of one than another and thought it should be clarified.

As far as the early supporter discount, after doing some number crunching we can only apply it to a certain number of decks related in bundles. All other items of a cart can have the 20% off, but to be perfectly honest, I really didn't expect these cards to cost this much and can't afford to sell them at $16 a pop. Other card printers out there can verify this especially with the embossing/foiling costs. They'll be kept at $19.95 a pair which I do think is reasonable. Again all other store items will still respect the Early Supporter code.

As for tribute to the rock'em sock'em community I have a tuck proof picture for you guys to see first from the factory. Minimal and elegant like the seasons. Look close and you can see the embossing. Pretty happy with it. Can't wait to have it in person.

-Chin
SEASONS Playing Cards - Changing Design

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2012, 06:32:11 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Wow Chin, gray job. The box looks flawless as well as simple and elegant. Great job Alex for one outstanding deck.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2012, 06:52:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It's a bummer about losing the discount on the cards, but they look like they're worth it.  Just keep us posted with news on the release date - the more advance notice we can get, the better.  Some of us are searching under the couch cushions to scrape up the money for cards these days!  :))

« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Hey guys,

Sorry for the absence. To catch you guys up on things. Had a bit of a debacle with a domain name so try to get your info from the fan page for the moment.

Also scrapped my old web page and started building a new one that can hopefully be easier for international shipping which is my biggest concern. If anyone has experience with it please let me know. Tubes will be shipped separately than the sets (which is where the shipping confusion comes in). If you buy multiple sheets up to 4 sheets can fit in one tube I believe.

The uncut sheets will be sold both separately and in a bundle. Buy the bundle and get a free set. The cards themselves won't be sold separately though for consistency of the sets. Makes sense, but some people wanted more of one than another and thought it should be clarified.

As far as the early supporter discount, after doing some number crunching we can only apply it to a certain number of decks related in bundles. All other items of a cart can have the 20% off, but to be perfectly honest, I really didn't expect these cards to cost this much and can't afford to sell them at $16 a pop. Other card printers out there can verify this especially with the embossing/foiling costs. They'll be kept at $19.95 a pair which I do think is reasonable. Again all other store items will still respect the Early Supporter code.

As for tribute to the rock'em sock'em community I have a tuck proof picture for you guys to see first from the factory. Minimal and elegant like the seasons. Look close and you can see the embossing. Pretty happy with it. Can't wait to have it in person.

-Chin
Wow Alex, great news, and thx for the update!

Anyone know if somebody besides AceKing and Fullboatdealer will be selling these?
I don't know but their will surely be BMPokerWorld and other members of these forums. Anyways, why not buy them directly (for cheaper and receive them sooner)?