You are Here:
Kings Wild Lucite Cases

Author (Read 14012 times)

Kings Wild Lucite Cases
« on: March 07, 2014, 07:41:08 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hey guys just wanted to show you some new lucite cases I have been developing. They are hand made in the USA and are now available on my website. They are solid Lucite and are very well made. Sorry Don if this is not the right thread for this. Please move if it is.

http://kings-wild-project.myshopify.com/collections/playing-card-storage

Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

Re: Kings Wild Lucite Cases
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »

jwats01

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
  • I really like cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Wow. Those look great!
Check out every Kickstarter Deck project - current & archived along with some great Deck designer/artist interviews:

http://www.phillycardco.com

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Wow, can I have that last one back? Lol.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 12:17:04 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Those look great Jackson, very sleek design!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 02:55:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey guys just wanted to show you some new lucite cases I have been developing. They are hand made in the USA and are now available on my website. They are solid Lucite and are very well made. Sorry Don if this is not the right thread for this. Please move if it is.

Looks fine to me.  It's a product that playing card collectors will drool over, so the Plethora is the right place!

CAUTION: use a waterproof keyboard or place your keyboard in a keyboard condom before viewing!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
These look great Jackson. This is exactly what the community was looking for (Retail Lucite Cases).

Nice job on the case size reduction. These are the real deal!

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 04:08:10 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Absolute perfection....and yes, I will be ordering.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »

AnynAllCards

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Wow!  This looks very awesome. I can't wait to start displaying some of my favorite decks in these!

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 07:57:39 AM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
So your making modern day playing cards and throw in a secret side project because of production issues when most people are working on just one deck.  You just opened a fulfillment center.  Your starting make your own tuck boxes and now your making deck accessories.  Jackson let me know when you're planing on buying the USPCC.  I would like to invest...

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Jackson,

Can you tell us the dimensions of the 6 deck case?  I didn't see it on the website.

Thanks!

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 12:28:08 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
These look FANTASTIC! I will definitely be ordering some!

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Jackson,

Can you tell us the dimensions of the 6 deck case?  I didn't see it on the website.

Thanks!

Great Question

Here are the dem:

1 Deck 5" 11/16 x 5" 11/16
2 Deck 8" 11/16 x 5" 11/16
3 Deck 11" 11/16 x 5" 11/16
4 Deck 15" 11/16 x 6" 3/16
5 Deck 18" 11/16 x 6" 3/16
6 Deck 11" 11/16 x 11" 11/16
8 Deck 15" 11/16 x 11" 11/16

I forgot to include a pic of the 8 deck case.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:59:12 PM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I just had an interesting idea...

Take your case design.  Use the thinnest possible plastic for the front and back.  Make the corner bolt sink down to become flush with the surface.  Place the deck spaces as close together as possible, perhaps a dozen per case.

Now, instead of being used for just display, they can also be used to compactly yet safely store your most delicate decks and the cases are stackable.  With a little fiddling, you can even make them interlock to prevent tipping.  Better still, create a rack where the cases can be stacked and held in place.

What do you think?

PS: why do all the measurements end in either 3/16 or 11/16 of an inch?

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 04:58:38 AM »

Elite Card Displays

• Newcomer

The Lucite is cut to size, then Hours and I mean HOURS are put into each case, routing, sanding, sanding some more, then sanding some more, and then more sanding, then polishing- and if it is not just right back to the sanding and more polishing, to get the quality expected from Kings Wild.

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 08:54:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The Lucite is cut to size, then Hours and I mean HOURS are put into each case, routing, sanding, sanding some more, then sanding some more, and then more sanding, then polishing- and if it is not just right back to the sanding and more polishing, to get the quality expected from Kings Wild.

Hi, welcome to the Discourse.  I'm Don - what's your name?  Are you an employee of Kings Wild?

I don't wish to seem rude, but you didn't really answer the question.  You explained how much care and effort is put into the creation of each case without really explaining why the cases have measurements that end in an odd number of sixteenths.  It's not a common length or width.  It's worth noting that each fraction is one-sixteenth short of either one-fourth or three-fourths.

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 09:05:33 AM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Yes,  welcome. And yes who are you and how do know so much about my cases. :)
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 07:51:33 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Awkward...

@Ben S - So, you like sanding?

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 08:51:56 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Take your case design.  Use the thinnest possible plastic for the front and back.  Make the corner bolt sink down to become flush with the surface.  Place the deck spaces as close together as possible, perhaps a dozen per case.

Now, instead of being used for just display, they can also be used to compactly yet safely store your most delicate decks and the cases are stackable.  With a little fiddling, you can even make them interlock to prevent tipping.  Better still, create a rack where the cases can be stacked and held in place.

What do you think?

@ Don Boyer: The bolt's serve a purpose. They allow someone to display a deck laying down flat (coffee table), while protecting the case from surface to surface scratches. There are less expensive ways to protect expensive decks for storage then transparent Lucite. These are primarily going to be purchased for display.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:52:12 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 08:24:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

What do you think?

@ Don Boyer: The bolt's serve a purpose. They allow someone to display a deck laying down flat (coffee table), while protecting the case from surface to surface scratches. There are less expensive ways to protect expensive decks for storage then transparent Lucite. These are primarily going to be purchased for display.

I understand that.  But there are decks that people own, expensive decks, that would benefit from the kind of "bulletproof" protection something like this would provide, if it was optimized for storage - in present form, yes, it is optimized for display.

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 11:55:58 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
My biggest problem is that I need a few of the largest model for my King's Wild decks, a few for my Ornate/Midnight Cards decks, a few for my Encarded decks, and then a few more for ones beyond that!
I SO need to win a Powerball jackpot!! :-)

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 03:48:52 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I could use quite a few of these. They are nice but way way way too expensive. The cases are worth more than the decks I want to put in them. Kind of doesn't seem right, does it?
- Adam

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 03:58:42 PM »

JacksonRobinson

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I could use quite a few of these. They are nice but way way way too expensive. The cases are worth more than the decks I want to put in them. Kind of doesn't seem right, does it?

Decks are paper and cardboard, the cases are Lucite, steel & and aluminum. Steel costs more than paper, also someone has to make them by hand your cards get printed by a machine. If I sold them for $7.95 then I would be selling them.

Food for thought: You might be putting the wrong decks in the cases then.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:00:17 PM by JacksonRobinson »
Jackson Robinson
www.kingswildproject.com

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 09:36:48 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty

Decks are paper and cardboard, the cases are Lucite, steel & and aluminum. Steel costs more than paper, also someone has to make them by hand your cards get printed by a machine. If I sold them for $7.95 then I would be selling them.

Good to know the process and material it takes to make these. They are nice but to each his own. I'm sure many of us have $30, $40 or $50 decks that we love and cherish. But IMO I would never buy a single case that is worth more than the deck I want to put in it. I just got done remodeling my kitchen and wanted to buy a new fridge that looked modern and fit the design. That doesn't mean I'm gonna be Kanye West and go buy a Swarovski encrusted fridge because all I am going to be putting in it is milk, eggs, juice etc... And I don't think I would be wrong in putting those items that cost much less inside of it either. Again, this is just my opinion and I am throwing it out there. Nice looking cases though.
- Adam

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 09:49:20 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

Good to know the process and material it takes to make these. They are nice but to each his own. I'm sure many of us have $30, $40 or $50 decks that we love and cherish. But IMO I would never buy a single case that is worth more than the deck I want to put in it. I just got done remodeling my kitchen and wanted to buy a new fridge that looked modern and fit the design. That doesn't mean I'm gonna be Kanye West and go buy a Swarovski encrusted fridge because all I am going to be putting in it is milk, eggs, juice etc... And I don't think I would be wrong in putting those items that cost much less inside of it either. Again, this is just my opinion and I am throwing it out there. Nice looking cases though.

And some of us have $100, $200, $500 or more decks.
After I saw the T11 model, I was going to build one of these myself-------and then I priced a sheet a Lucite. WOW!
These aren't for everybody, but if you want some tough protection. this is it. Looks good to.
Good luck with the project Jackson.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 10:16:12 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
Plenty more cases and materials out there guys. Google is your friend.
- Adam