You are Here:
Seasons Playing Cards - SOLD OUT!

Author (Read 81511 times)

Re: Seasons Playing Cards - Launch TONIGHT!
« Reply #350 on: May 01, 2012, 12:59:14 AM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
the weird thing is the site worked great for me right away... now after reading some of the posts here i went back and the site is no longer working.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #351 on: May 01, 2012, 12:59:56 AM »

walther

I had lots of problems getting the site to load from their link because it wasn't secure. When I switched to
https://www.seasonsplayingcards.com
in firefox it worked after I told it to ignore the insecure stuff. The same solution did not work with google chrome and I had some problems of navigating to other pages in IE.

« Reply #352 on: May 01, 2012, 01:03:14 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
the weird thing is the site worked great for me right away... now after reading some of the posts here i went back and the site is no longer working.

Same thing with me, my order went through within the first few minutes. Guess we just got lucky

« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2012, 01:06:41 AM »

rainking187

• True Member
Finally managed to get to the checkout, but after tax and shipping the collector's box was $60. Too much. I'll pass.

« Reply #354 on: May 01, 2012, 01:08:01 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Still blank for me. I still can't believe they apparently didn't consider that things might go wrong if you just put the website up at the last minute.

Stop speaking, that has nothing to do with the site being down.  The combination of idiots hitting refresh every second and the host not knowing the demand ahead of time is the culprit.  They aren't going to sell out right away, probably within 6-12 hours or so.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #355 on: May 01, 2012, 01:12:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It really sucks that there was a misprint. I definitely recommend all of the purple writing in CBJ's post above. I think it shows true dedication that Alex is going to reprint the deck just because of one little mistake. As I've already said, these decks are probably the nicest looking decks I've ever seen and I will definitely be getting some.

Whose post?  HE was quoting ME!  :))

I really hope that he will "complete the year" if you know what I mean, with two more Seasons.

He plans to, said as much on the phone.

I'll be picking up a set or two in the aftermarket since I'm totally strapped for cash at the moment, what with a $3k computer purchase & car repairs. I'm hoping the prices don't skyrocket too far, but if they do, I still think it's worth it.

If you would have mentioned it to me, I would have gotten extra!

For me, the page loaded about one minute early - placed my order at a practically leisurely pace compared with what I've dealt with over at some sites which shall not be named...

Still blank for me. I still can't believe they apparently didn't consider that things might go wrong if you just put the website up at the last minute.

Stop speaking, that has nothing to do with the site being down.  The combination of idiots hitting refresh every second and the host not knowing the demand ahead of time is the culprit.  They aren't going to sell out right away, probably within 6-12 hours or so.

True enough.  And predicting Internet traffic on your first-ever product is about as useful as staring into a crystal ball while holding it up to the sun...  You never have a clue of the precise demand so you hope for the best, prepare for the worst to the best of your abilities and resources.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #356 on: May 01, 2012, 01:27:43 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
better move fast...

7 mins ago

" Thanks Shiva and Lyle for finding out a solution for this! This was my first run at a website so there was bound to get hiccups. I'm glad we're still rolling.  As for what's left, there's about 300 sets but the surge has slowed down so don't panic. We've sold more than half in the first 20 minutes and almost three quarters of our stock in an hour. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH."
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #357 on: May 01, 2012, 01:31:51 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
CBJ... I have never seen you so gaga for a deck ever... I hope it's all that you want it to be... It looks great... Couldn't resist a couple of sets myself... Skipped on the Black Box Edition though... Some Americanas and then time to put a lid on it for a little while...

Now for all you crybabies... Get on there while they're still discounting everything 20% and grab your decks for $10 while you can... When they go back to regular pricing you'll be crying in your pudding again...

« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2012, 01:42:15 AM »

rainking187

• True Member

The problem, at least for me, is the URLs. When I click on anything on the store it takes me to a blank page. If I put "https://" in the front and add ".gostorego" between "seasonsplayingcards" and ".com" the page loads fine.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:44:30 AM by rainking187 »

« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2012, 01:44:24 AM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Well it took awhile,but I. finally got through :D thanks for all your help CBJ much appreciated.

« Reply #360 on: May 01, 2012, 01:57:11 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Well it took awhile,but I. finally got through :D thanks for all your help CBJ much appreciated.

No problem Billy.  You know .. you being in the same city as me.. we should combine orders.  There's also another member here that is from Oshawa as well.

the 3 of us would be unstoppable !!!!!!
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #361 on: May 01, 2012, 01:59:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
CBJ... I have never seen you so gaga for a deck ever... I hope it's all that you want it to be... It looks great... Couldn't resist a couple of sets myself... Skipped on the Black Box Edition though... Some Americanas and then time to put a lid on it for a little while...

Now for all you crybabies... Get on there while they're still discounting everything 20% and grab your decks for $10 while you can... When they go back to regular pricing you'll be crying in your pudding again...

Bro, it's not temporary - at least in the sense that it's good until they sell out.  20% off, period, then off to make the second edition (and the two new Seasons decks)...

Hope you're getting those Americanas from me!

« Reply #362 on: May 01, 2012, 02:09:03 AM »

IAmTheChin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Holy cow. That's all I have to say. Thank you guys. I'm driving down to get the cards tomorrow and sign the sheets so that can start going out. I'll try to fix the store urls if that's the issue. The store worked completely fine for me the entire time so it was hard to figure out what you guys were seeing. Obviously the site will try to grow to nip these things in the butt before they happen next time.

But thanks again guys, because just....holy mackeral. Pulled an allnighter last night to individually process all the shipping order possibilities so I'm going to call it a day. But thank you for the support. I truly mean it. If you're having trouble with the site and we still have stock let me know and I"ll personally take care of it for you.

-Chin
SEASONS Playing Cards - Changing Design

« Reply #363 on: May 01, 2012, 02:18:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Holy cow. That's all I have to say. Thank you guys. I'm driving down to get the cards tomorrow and sign the sheets so that can start going out. I'll try to fix the store urls if that's the issue. The store worked completely fine for me the entire time so it was hard to figure out what you guys were seeing. Obviously the site will try to grow to nip these things in the butt before they happen next time.

But thanks again guys, because just....holy mackeral. Pulled an allnighter last night to individually process all the shipping order possibilities so I'm going to call it a day. But thank you for the support. I truly mean it. If you're having trouble with the site and we still have stock let me know and I"ll personally take care of it for you.

-Chin

What can I say, Alex, other than that you're a class act!  Congratulations on what we all knew to be evident - that your deck would be a massively successful sellout.  Now get some rest, you need it.

« Reply #364 on: May 01, 2012, 02:35:43 AM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Congrats on a successful launch!

It's nice to see that everyone who wanted the cards got them, even if they freaked out for not getting them the first minute. If Ellusionist's servers/hosts can crash, anyones can. Crashing pages during a launch is expected, luckily I got ahold of my host hours before and had them bump Circle City Card's capacity temporarily.

Also, the URL's are perfectly fine.  When websites start to go down the first think they lose is the ability to forward pages.  Everything will be back to normal once they children stop hitting refresh.
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #365 on: May 01, 2012, 02:49:31 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

I really want to get it NOW but I'm very cautious about the whole  "gostorego" thing that always makes my browers say that it is unsafe or something.
Is it safe to go to that?
I'm really paranoid with dupe sites who copy the real sites and get your money and credit card info. So yeah.

« Reply #366 on: May 01, 2012, 03:20:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I really want to get it NOW but I'm very cautious about the whole  "gostorego" thing that always makes my browers say that it is unsafe or something.
I'm really paranoid with dupe sites who copy the real sites and get your money and credit card info. So yeah.

You have the option to pay using PayPal.  That's enough to squash any site forgery issues, I should think.

« Reply #367 on: May 01, 2012, 03:22:28 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran

I and from what I've read many others have had the same issue but if you pay with paypal you'll be re directed to the paypal site so you wont have to enter any card details so you should be safe if you can do that.
UC

« Reply #368 on: May 01, 2012, 05:07:36 AM »

Fallen_Angel_of_Luck

• Elite Member
I had to order my on my phone but it was a pretty tough decision .... but i still ended up picking up the collectors box and one normal set. i wanted an uncut though....sigh*...wonder if i can afford the magic-con v2 uncut coming this friday :s

« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2012, 06:00:33 AM »

dee1orean

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I had issues. Placed order fine. Went to checkout on the site card declined tried multiple times through the site and through paypal with no luck. Turns out the fraud dept at my bank froze my card after multiple transaction attempts in a different country. Alex sorted me out though.
Cheers Alex.
I'm the Master of Nonsensical Sense and illogical Logic

« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »

securechanger

Got the deck and got 2 collection box  :D

« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
If I could go back I would probably add another set or even two to my order but it's probably too much hassle now to add anymore... oh well

Oh and I agree Alex is a good guy, very helpful. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:57:29 AM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #372 on: May 01, 2012, 08:56:23 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Congrats Alex. Your cards are beautiful, the site worked great for me, and I bought more of Seasons than any deck I have ever bought. They are an inspiration and it makes me very happy to see such obvious hard work, passion and dedication pay off for someone like you. Well done. Greatly looking forward to my decks.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #373 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:10 AM »

Dudeee

• True Member
I can't seem to get into the website anymore.

Anyone knows whether the cards are sold out already or not?

« Reply #374 on: May 01, 2012, 09:17:35 AM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I can't seem to get into the website anymore.

Anyone knows whether the cards are sold out already or not?

I can get on it but it does take a while. they still have the decks, sheets and boxes in according to the site but it's glitchy for me so it could be a mistake.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:18:12 AM by VortexHead »
UC