Seasons Playing Cards - SOLD OUT!

Author (Read 81515 times)

Re: Seasons Playing Cards
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2012, 01:01:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
People already collect printing plates and assorted print-related artifacts, but they're more into printing memorabilia than playing card memorabilia.

I saw a girl one evening on a bus in Manhattan - she'd just finished her first day as an intern for the New York Times and she was given the plate used to print the front page of that day's edition as a gift.  It was cool-looking and VERY thin.  Modern plates like the Seasons deck plate we saw are actually rather delicate and can be easily damaged without proper care.  Now, imagine having something the size of an uncut sheet, but you can't really roll it up...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2012, 01:23:23 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
People already collect printing plates and assorted print-related artifacts, but they're more into printing memorabilia than playing card memorabilia.

I saw a girl one evening on a bus in Manhattan - she'd just finished her first day as an intern for the New York Times and she was given the plate used to print the front page of that day's edition as a gift.  It was cool-looking and VERY thin.  Modern plates like the Seasons deck plate we saw are actually rather delicate and can be easily damaged without proper care.  Now, imagine having something the size of an uncut sheet, but you can't really roll it up...

First thing that comes to my mind, how on earth do you store it?!

« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2012, 05:04:56 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I have quite a few of those plates from my local newspaper and they aren't that hard to store. They have a hole at the top that I am assuming is used in part of the machine, but it makes for a great hole to hang it from a nail. If you don't want to hang it up they can easily be put into a bag of some sort and stored most any place.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2012, 08:03:21 PM »

IAmTheChin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

• Facebook:
Helllooo,

Back from the grave been unfortunately occupied. To answer questions basically the plate is pretty thin aluminum. You certainly won't be rolling it up anytime soon. It's customary for the factories to keep the plates more of as a policy thing than anything really. Really can't be giving those metal plates out, sorry lol.

Having said that, any deck that has an outsourced item (such as Bee stock or custom tuck cases) from another factory takes 6 weeks to produce making the projected launch in March. It wouldn't be a SEASONS set if it didn't take more than one season hahaha...sigh.

-Chin

P.S. For those who were inquiring about my tea company, you can see the site and sign up HERE to be notified for an upcoming kickstarter if you're interested. We've also gotten some recent PRESS on it worth a gander if you're a Design Geek.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:04:06 PM by IAmTheChin »
SEASONS Playing Cards - Changing Design

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2012, 08:11:17 PM »

Robert Butler

Hey Alex, good to see your still kicking.  USPCC does keep the plates to recycle for future plates but if you want them for any reasion you can keep them for 50$ each.  Ashley was going to allow it when I was working on the Vortex with Alex.  Would love to chat with you so hit me up ok Skype at : conjuring.creations

Anyone else can too if they want.  Cheers

« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Ok, on the plate thing. I had no idea, but that is crazy cool. I'll be chatting with USPCC about that one...
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2012, 12:58:45 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Ok, on the plate thing. I had no idea, but that is crazy cool. I'll be chatting with USPCC about that one...

That would be an interesting collectible for any deck release - perhaps a Kickstarter reward?

« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
OOH I'm curious to hear what they say! It'd be awesome to get my hands on it!

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »

Hirt

• Newcomer
Does anyone know when these are expected to go on sale?

« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2012, 03:22:10 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Does anyone know when these are expected to go on sale?

Eh should be a month or so maybe more if there are more delays. There isn't a date set in stone yet. We'll just have to wait and keep an eye out for more updates!

« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2012, 08:35:35 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Guess i never really replied to this, but I will be getting the Tendril printing plates. Not sure what I'll do with them all at this point (sell? prize? hoard?), though two will be going on my office wall. :)
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2012, 10:45:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Paul, we want PHOTOS!

« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Guess i never really replied to this, but I will be getting the Tendril printing plates. Not sure what I'll do with them all at this point (sell? prize? hoard?), though two will be going on my office wall. :)

Nice!! Like Don said, I know we would love to see some pictures! Well I personally think if you aren't going to keep them you should sell them haha

« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2012, 07:27:08 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The instant I have stuff like that on hand I will be sure to share, no worries. Now, enough of my silly high jacking and back to Seasons. :)
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Getting back on track...
So Alex Chin, what's the news? Any updates? I haven't seen any new info on your fb page since Valentines day...  :mindf-ck:

« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »

norsul

Does anyone know where these cards will be sold? I've heard that they will be sold on Ebay through Fullboatdealer and some other Ebay dealer, but on their facebook page they in replying on one of the comments said that they would like to sell them "through the website". Which website do they mean? I've tried searching for a "Seasons playing cards website" or something similar and found nothing. Can someone help me? Since these cards are rather limited, and there's certainly a lot of people wanting them, I wouldn't want to be late when the release happens.

« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Does anyone know where these cards will be sold? I've heard that they will be sold on Ebay through Fullboatdealer and some other Ebay dealer, but on their facebook page they in replying on one of the comments said that they would like to sell them "through the website". Which website do they mean? I've tried searching for a "Seasons playing cards website" or something similar and found nothing. Can someone help me? Since these cards are rather limited, and there's certainly a lot of people wanting them, I wouldn't want to be late when the release happens.
They will be selling them through they're website, and through certain ebay sellers. Their website has not launched yet and it will launch on the day that they start selling the decks.

« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2012, 02:15:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
They will be selling them through they're website, and through certain ebay sellers. Their website has not launched yet and it will launch on the day that they start selling the decks.

Don't forget to check the Playing Card Plethora topic on coupon codes, pinned to the top of the list.  There's a discount code for ordering straight from the forthcoming Seasons deck website.

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2012, 02:08:59 AM »

norsul

Alright thanks people! But does anyone know what the website will be called? After all, it will be quite problematic to find it without knowing its name.

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2012, 02:47:49 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Alright thanks people! But does anyone know what the website will be called? After all, it will be quite problematic to find it without knowing its name.

I'd be guessing Seasonsplayingcards.com or something like that but we can't be sure yet. If I were you I would like their facebook page to stay up to date on the latest. Here's the link :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seasons-Playing-Cards/128045753959402

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2012, 03:24:57 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I'd be guessing Seasonsplayingcards.com or something like that

And you'd be guessing right; try it for yourself. :P
http://seasonsplayingcards.com/
The site is empty for now, so it's no big deal, but now we know the domain is registered. ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:25:31 AM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2012, 05:30:14 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'd be guessing Seasonsplayingcards.com or something like that

And you'd be guessing right; try it for yourself. :P
http://seasonsplayingcards.com/
The site is empty for now, so it's no big deal, but now we know the domain is registered. ;)

Well there ya have it! Good on ya Moon :) Quick question... Is Seasons based in the states? I'm hoping that shipping won't be insane like the Mana decks were

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2012, 05:53:32 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I actually believe this isn't a US based organization again. I don't think the designer, Alex (was it Alex...or some other name?) Chin, resides in the states. But hopefully from the Mana deck, he'll learn that it's better to have the products shipped from a warehouse in the US instead of shipping to his place and out again.

« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2012, 06:11:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I actually believe this isn't a US based organization again. I don't think the designer, Alex (was it Alex...or some other name?) Chin, resides in the states. But hopefully from the Mana deck, he'll learn that it's better to have the products shipped from a warehouse in the US instead of shipping to his place and out again.

Well, unfortunately, the second-biggest region for playing cards outside the US is Asia.  Kevin mentioned they sell far more heavily in Asia/Oceania than in Europe.  It's possible he'll bring the deck home (somewhere in Asia/Oceania) and sell it straight from there, just like Mana and Skulkor.  It would boost the deck's popularity with the home market, probably making it sell even better there than here.  It's what other non-US residents have been dealing with ordering USPC-made decks for a long time; I guess it's our turn to feel a little of the pain.

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2012, 06:13:59 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Maybe he could do a 50-50? Keep half of the stock with some retailer here. It'll certainly attract, or not turn down, some US/Canada buyers.

On a side note, I've noticed it many times. Many, including yourself Don, should be aware that it's USPCC, not USPC.