Bicycle Feudal ( Ninja and Samurai ) - Now Shipping
« on: November 18, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:08:48 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: Bicycle Feudal ( Ninja and Samurai ) - Now LIVE on KS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »

AlbinoDragon

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Like chocolate and peanut butter. If they had swords. And fought in your mouth. nom nom nom

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:31:56 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
On first look, I'm actually quite cool with everything except the number cards and the pips.

The court cards are so detailed, so full of colour...and then the whole deck gets slapped with boring, plain, empty number cards. Perhaps its the border as well. I would say skip the whole border and let the background flow throughout the card.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Didn't make the dark deck the ninja deck?
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:09:07 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
At first glance I thought that was Darth Vader in the second image...
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 09:01:18 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
I would bet money the designer is left-handed...

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 10:38:07 PM »

louizz

• Newcomer
I would bet money the designer is left-handed...

HAHAHA! Right you are!

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 05:18:09 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
These are fun decks. The timing of the campaign, not so fun though. I'm going to have to make choices I'd rather not make. Scott usually gets to tap my wallet for a tidy sum on his campaigns. I may not be able to have all I'd like when this one is said and done though, due to timing. I don't know, we'll see. I'm not about to endanger the holiday festivities, and all that entails, for kickstarters or my hobbies of poker and card collecting.

I really like these a lot. I even like the pips, they have an inner glowy kind of feel designed this way that I think is really slick. The boxy shape of them isn't bad either. I particularly like the club and the heart. Chunky indices aren't usually something I like, but I find them appealing on these. Maybe because they're cool as hell over the full bleed of the dragon along the cards edge.

The art on these I think is gorgeous. The courts skin has a painted on look that I think is very striking and exciting. Sometimes an art style moves a person, it has that effect for me. Exciting in that I get a sense of the action taking place, movement and flow. I get a sense of motivation behind the figures for sure. That's not something that's easily done on a playing card. They don't often, come a live like these do. For me much more on the samurai deck than on the ninja deck, again I think due to the way the flesh was handled, just see more of it on the samurai than the ninja. They're both very good in my humble opinion.

Card backs are fantastic too. The ninja back is a little more interesting with the samurai having the open space behind the crossed swords. Not that I'm complaining, it's a great red color on the samurai deck. Seeing more of that red isn't a bad thing in my book at all. The tucks are great fun too, they make me think something entirely different than what the decks actually are haha. I love that, "Here's a hint, wait till you pop these.", going on.

I'm just going to say it, these are some of the best warrior theme decks I've seen. Not just this year, any year. A lot of people will probably disagree based on the pips, some people probably hate them. It's okay, disagree. If you take a chance and pick some of these up, when they're in your hands you'll very likely find you've changed your mind. These are better than good.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I like these. I love the whole asian culture and asian genes playing cards.

I had a look at the tiers. I noticed they had half a brick for $75 with one slot. I don't get that, cos they have a tier with half a brick for $71 with unlimited slots. What's happened here?!
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 10:05:31 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

I had a look at the tiers. I noticed they had half a brick for $75 with one slot. I don't get that, cos they have a tier with half a brick for $71 with unlimited slots. What's happened here?!

KS doesn't allow you to change a tier once its set. Most likely he realized at $75 for 6 decks was more expensive per deck than the lower tiers. He probably added the $71 tier, and locked the $75
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

KS doesn't allow you to change a tier once its set. Most likely he realized at $75 for 6 decks was more expensive per deck than the lower tiers. He probably added the $71 tier, and locked the $75

Ah that makes sense. Thanks :)

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

I think you are right and no matter what he does he can not get that backer to change to the better tier.  It's like a tier wart that won't do away...

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »

louizz

• Newcomer

I think you are right and no matter what he does he can not get that backer to change to the better tier.  It's like a tier wart that won't do away...

:-[

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

It's a secret tier where you get super limited decks with metallic embossed tucks, and gold gilded cards, wrapped in unicorn skin and sealed with hardened manticore blood, along with 2 samurai swords, a set of throwing stars and a full samurai armour set from the 1800s. All delivered to you to your doorstep by a hot ninja chick.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 10:39:03 PM »

louizz

• Newcomer

It's a secret tier where you get super limited decks with metallic embossed tucks, and gold gilded cards, wrapped in unicorn skin and sealed with hardened manticore blood, along with 2 samurai swords, a set of throwing stars and a full samurai armour set from the 1800s. All delivered to you to your doorstep by a hot ninja chick.

Don't forget the six pack of beer!

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 10:51:35 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran

Don't forget the six pack of beer!
Tequila would be more fitting since the "early bird" gets the worm... ;D
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:11:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

The full deal of it is that while tiers can't be edited, they can be removed - but only if he can convince the backers at that tier to switch to a different one.  The tier can also be converted to limited, with the limit set at the present number of pledges, thus locking the tier from future backers.  If a backer left that tier, though, there'd be one opening showing unless the project creator caught it first and dropped the tier's limit by one backer for each backer that left the tier.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 01:23:49 AM »

Squiddle Ink

• True Member
  • Living well is the best revenge!

• Kickstarter:
Such a gorgeous design. I especially love the King of diamonds. I've said it before but I love it when dark line work disappears into a black background. Everything is highlighted and alive. Have you not thought about a shuriken collector coin?
Instagram @squiddleink

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 05:12:09 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I was just about to comment asking about a shuriken coin :o
That'd b awesome, but th edges would have to b rounded off or made completely blunt.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 05:25:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
That'd b awesome, but th edges would have to b rounded off or made completely blunt.

I don't think he could offer a coin in the shape of a shuriken.  Too much like an actual weapon.  Not to mention that the die to stamp it would cost a fortune.

A coin with an image of a shuriken, on the other hand, would be fine - milled or smooth edge.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:26:00 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 05:34:04 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

I love the quote on the tuck box "Ninjas don't wish upon a star, they throw them"
Totally dig the way combining the tuck boxes creates an epic battle too.
Very awesome design!!!

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 10:10:41 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I don't think he could offer a coin in the shape of a shuriken.  Too much like an actual weapon.  Not to mention that the die to stamp it would cost a fortune.

A coin with an image of a shuriken, on the other hand, would be fine - milled or smooth edge.

Even if it were to be made, and the edges ended up more rounded and blunt....wouldn't it end up looking like a flower or something?  :P

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 06:28:17 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Special Edition Tuckbox Variants unlocked early !

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 07:03:20 PM »

sprouts1115

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

• Facebook:
Watch the tuck flaps.  The design might show up in the top of box. In your previous circle design, you didn't have to worry about the edges....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:04:59 PM by sprouts1115 »

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2014, 03:46:51 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
FUNDED!

In less than $5,000 we'll see what the next unlockable add will be. From past experience with Scott's campaigns I think it'll be something slightly off the wall and entirely cool. Can't wait to find out what it is.

I keep looking at a couple of those prints and think I need them. The Ace of Clubs Samurai and the Ace of Diamonds Ninja look like they need to be having a little wall war in my office haha.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)