DECKZIBITS Playing Card Displays by Gambler's Warehouse
« on: September 14, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
More cool deck displays coming out!

Gambler's will be launching these deck displays on Kickstarter soon...

Launching soon.

CBJ
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:22:12 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

Re: DECKZIBITS Playing Card Displays by Gambler's Warehouse
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »

iDoctor

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • I'm card collector from Moscow, Russia.

• Twitter:
Looks great. Do you know external dimensions of them?
My card collection on PlayingCardDB http://playingcarddb.com/mycollection?u=6196

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 03:11:18 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I think the display looks good, but unlike the "standard" displays or the new orbiter display, i feel this is more of a 1 time buy to beautify a certain area of your home or poker collection. The "wastage" space is much higher for people with a larger collection. If this were to launch at the same time as the orbiter display, it will definitely lose out.

Still, it is very nice to see people coming up with new ideas for displaying decks as well. Makes this hobby so much more enjoyable.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:52:30 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I'm not digging these. Actually kind of looks cheap to me. Maybe the pictures on the KS project will look better.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 12:34:51 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Price point and dimensions are going to come into serious play on this one for me. There's no way I would be picking up all four, maybe just the diamond for the poker room, don't know yet. The others don't seem to fit together so nicely as the diamond. If it's going to be take it apart to get a deck out. I'd prefer a nice clean fit.

I love the idea here, but feels like more of a display for figurines to me somehow. I could easily see Mickey and Minnie running a muck all over these and it would be cute. I'd probably be all sorting tucks by color if I went this route, unsure if I want to do that. I am interested in seeing more. :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 07:38:43 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I'm not a fan of these, they look a little tacky. Although, they hold more decks than the orbiter, the orbiter has that feature of showing off the front and back without having to put 2 of the same decks in.

Who's next to come out with a display deck of their own? :p (my guess it'll be collectible playing cards lol)
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 09:32:32 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Bit too flashy for my taste... I definitely prefer the "orbiter" one posted elsewhere on the forum...

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 10:04:26 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I actually like these better than the Orbiter, although I do like both. These would be great for my game room and unlike the Orbiter, my prized decks would be protected from the hands of my children's friends! Always a plus! As long as the price isn't astronomical, I will be in on these.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »

ecNate

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Kickstarter:
I actually like these better than the Orbiter, although I do like both. These would be great for my game room and unlike the Orbiter, my prized decks would be protected from the hands of my children's friends! Always a plus! As long as the price isn't astronomical, I will be in on these.

It's live and $120 each or $320 for all 4.  Don't know if that qualifies as 'astronomical', but it is definitely on the high side.  Shipping is included, but ONLY ships within the US.  Tiny goal (can make it with just 7 backers if they pick the 4 pack).

Seems too kitsch for me personally and I don't want to give up the wall space anyhow (would rather save for compact deck displays and uncuts).  Still, a neat idea and they have their place. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/207925240/deckzibits-playing-cards-display-cases

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 08:51:51 PM »

BenMorrisRains

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • http://www.facebook.com/htgrofficial
Too much unused space and kind of too tacky for me. I think all the framed displays look nice. Just something minimal and simple.

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 12:08:19 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

I think the decks would be better protected in the Orbiter. From the pictures it looks like each deck is in a clear plastic case. The kids could look at the deck, front and back without ever taking them out of the case.

Price wise, I don't think I would pay $120 for all 4 of these.

These are also pretty big, and why 4 different sizes?
Heart Case Holds 25 decks.  26"x22"
Spade Case Holds 22 decks. 26"x26"
Diamond Case Holds 24 decks. 28"x30"
Club Case Holds 27 decks. 28"x27"

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:15:04 AM by Rob Wright »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 02:44:40 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

I think the decks would be better protected in the Orbiter. From the pictures it looks like each deck is in a clear plastic case. The kids could look at the deck, front and back without ever taking them out of the case.

Price wise, I don't think I would pay $120 for all 4 of these.

These are also pretty big, and why 4 different sizes?
Heart Case Holds 25 decks.  26"x22"
Spade Case Holds 22 decks. 26"x26"
Diamond Case Holds 24 decks. 28"x30"
Club Case Holds 27 decks. 28"x27"

While i believe the different sizes are a calculated outcome of a proportional pip size with good deck size fitting. I also think it looks weird if anyone were to display all 4 displays across a wall and the sizes are visibly different.

With currently 6 Backers at 80% funding, it could very well be funded by the next backer.  :P

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I do agree that all 4 could be a bit much, depending on the size of the room. I also like the fact that these hang on the wall and hold decks flat, so they wouldn't stick out as far. In my case, this is a more ideal solution. I'm in.

Here's the GREAT thing about all of this...We have gone from having to bodge something together ourselves, to having TWO different KS options to choose from, and we can pick what works best for us! They way that I see it, that's a fantastic thing! No one is stuck with one option, or nothing, Add in Jackson's fantastic Lucite display options, and things are looking pretty good in the world of deck displays! Win-win-win!