Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
KADAR

Project by
MagicTao
Sutton Coldfield, UK
£10,000 goal, First project, USPC printing, £9 for 1, £17 for 2- worldwide shipping included.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:38:33 PM by Rob Wright »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: KADAR deck of playing cards (KS)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 12:44:57 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
was just posting it hehe... 

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »

AtomSmash

• True Member
  • ಠ_ಠ
I would never use these to play with, it's too difficult to see the suit under the font used.

However, I would like to add these to my collection, I think the designs on the female courts are great.
...but that's just my opinion.

ಠ_ಠ CARDS ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 03:58:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I would never use these to play with, it's too difficult to see the suit under the font used.

However, I would like to add these to my collection, I think the designs on the female courts are great.

They're meant more for cartomancy than for playing games or magic tricks.  I suppose a magic trick involving cartomancy/mind reading would work well with this deck...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 04:38:44 PM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
I like these.  :)  Will star it for now. 

EDIT: one of the tiers include an "Anything is Possible" bottle! I've always wanted one of these :D The Seven Seas campaign also has it as one of their pledge tiers so now I'm torn.  I'm not sure which deck I would prefer to be in the bottle...  The seven seas is nautical themed,  so it ties in well with ship in a bottle,  but this deck is really nice and colorful and I think it would look awesome inside the bottle,  too.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:07:40 PM by Sher143 »

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 05:53:51 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

EDIT: one of the tiers include an "Anything is Possible" bottle! I've always wanted one of these :D The Seven Seas campaign also has it as one of their pledge tiers so now I'm torn.  I'm not sure which deck I would prefer to be in the bottle...  The seven seas is nautical themed,  so it ties in well with ship in a bottle,  but this deck is really nice and colorful and I think it would look awesome inside the bottle,  too.  Thoughts?

A colorful deck like KADAR, trapped in a bottle?  Seems like a shame...

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 05:58:41 PM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran

But wouldn't it be nice to display? I'd probably get  an extra deck or two to open. 

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

But wouldn't it be nice to display? I'd probably get  an extra deck or two to open.

Perhaps.  Well, they're going to be bottled whether you buy them or not, so you might as well...  :))

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 06:12:15 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

As Don said, seems like a shame to have a colourful custom deck trapped in a bottle. Perhaps you can consider getting the uncut for KADAR instead, and get the seven seas bottle...if you have the case to spare.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 06:43:20 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
They should make their own version and place a deck in a crystal ball. Wouldn't be as mysterious I guess but it fits the theme like how the Seven Seas "Anything is Possible" bottle fits their theme.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 07:54:16 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran

As Don said, seems like a shame to have a colourful custom deck trapped in a bottle. Perhaps you can consider getting the uncut for KADAR instead, and get the seven seas bottle...if you have the case to spare.

Thanks for the input! I usually don't get uncuts, but I may consider it this time, given the design. It would be nice to see all the cards together :)