You are Here:
Word count per post badge/fame idea

Author (Read 1067 times)

Word count per post badge/fame idea
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:05:14 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I have noticed that very oppinionated posters often get downfamed. I was thinking maybe it would be possible for there to be a badge that you would get if you have more than a certain amount of words per post on average. This badge could give some fame, and it would reward the biggest posters. Just an idea.
On a side not, I still can't view my PMs, Fame notifications or new replies to my topics in the bar up top. Please help me.

Re: Word count per post badge/fame idea
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 06:32:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I have noticed that very oppinionated posters often get downfamed. I was thinking maybe it would be possible for there to be a badge that you would get if you have more than a certain amount of words per post on average. This badge could give some fame, and it would reward the biggest posters. Just an idea.
On a side not, I still can't view my PMs, Fame notifications or new replies to my topics in the bar up top. Please help me.

Granting fame for long posts would only promote long spam.

Fame is still in beta.  Pretend that instead of a Fame count, you see an ad for Cheesy Poofs instead...or maybe one of those plastic dashboard religious icons...  You might as well, since it would mean about the same thing!  :))  When Fame is no longer in beta, if it works as it should, merely being opinionated alone shouldn't be enough to completely trash your fame, unless the opinions in question are universally reviled.

All those issues regarding the bar at the top are OLD NEWS.  We're still in beta here and it's being worked on.  You did get the memo, didn't you?  ;)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Word count per post badge/fame idea
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Granting fame for long posts would only promote long spam.
[/quote]
Possibly.
[/quote]
All those issues regarding the bar at the top are OLD NEWS.  We're still in beta here and it's being worked on.  You did get the memo, didn't you?  ;)
[/quote]
I thought I was the only one with that problem :-\
Ya, I got the memo through my emails.