You are Here:
Bill Presing cards

Author (Read 4309 times)

Bill Presing cards
« on: March 11, 2016, 10:01:13 PM »

intlgrrl

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Sometime I search for comic/cartoon artists. I follow quite a few like Brittney Lee and Pascal Campion. Well, while looking through a few artists they have links to on their pages, I stumbled across Bill Presing and his cards. They're probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I thought perhaps they're worth a peek.

http://billpresing.blogspot.com/search/label/54%20Intercontinental%20Cuties
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 12:19:04 AM by Don Boyer »

Re: Bill Presing cards
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 12:10:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
You do know you're allowed to upload photos in your posts, right?  :))

They're pretty cool, actually - cartoon-style pin-up art.  It's a throwback to the pin-ups that started appearing in the early 20th century and remained popular into the early 1960s.  Pin-ups didn't start becoming risqué as a general rule until the airplane nose art of the Second World War, followed shortly thereafter by the invention and eventual popularity of the bikini.

(I edited your post - Bill spells his last name with only one "s")
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 01:32:12 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Hahaha, I like this deck a lot. Gives me a silly smile when I look at these. I don't care who printed them, I'm getting a deck. Great find.  :D
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 07:21:11 AM »

intlgrrl

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Hahaha, I like this deck a lot. Gives me a silly smile when I look at these. I don't care who printed them, I'm getting a deck. Great find.  :D

When you get your deck, give a review. I may want to order a few decks myself. I think its a very cute deck.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:38:15 AM by intlgrrl »

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 07:22:46 AM »

intlgrrl

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

They're pretty cool, actually - cartoon-style pin-up art.  It's a throwback to the pin-ups that started appearing in the early 20th century and remained popular into the early 1960s.  Pin-ups didn't start becoming risqué as a general rule until the airplane nose art of the Second World War, followed shortly thereafter by the invention and eventual popularity of the bikini.

I figured we could, but I'm usually on the fly, so I find it easier to link. :D

I wouldn't mind see a few more cartoon themed decks, I think they can be a lot of fun.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 01:16:33 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I figured we could, but I'm usually on the fly, so I find it easier to link. :D

I wouldn't mind see a few more cartoon themed decks, I think they can be a lot of fun.

Using the BBCode command "img" allows you to add photos by linking to them from wherever on the Web they happen to be.  It's not my preferred method for saving photos, though - links have a bad habit of breaking, causing the forum to lose the image.  We had a really cool design topic someone started years back - it's been decimated by lost images due to broken links, rendering it nearly useless.

It's more like comics art - cartoons are motion pictures!  ;)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Love these, have been on my 'to buy' list for several years now, just haven't gotten around to picking one up.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.