Shane Tyree no longer with Albino Dragon

Author (Read 1003 times)

Shane Tyree no longer with Albino Dragon
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:01:42 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Shane Tyree the lead artist for Albino Dragon has left to pursue a new venture.
ShaneTyree.com

Some of Shane's work

The Name of the Wind
Synthesis
Cthulhu
The White Rabbit
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: Shane Tyree no longer with Albino Dragon
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 12:12:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Any word as to the cause of the departure beyond one simple sentence?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 12:40:03 AM »

Ben Taylor

Any word as to the cause of the departure beyond one simple sentence?
It appears they had a bad conversation today which built up to this. If you read Shane's comments, this isn't the outcome he was looking for.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460165270/the-name-of-the-wind-playing-cards/posts/614668

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:57 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Erik Dahlman, Change is in the air , Update #65, about 2:45 hours ago   
It is with both happiness and a heavy heart that I write this update. Our Creative Director, Shane Tyree, is no longer with Albino Dragon. I've been proud to call this man my friend and lead artist with our company since day one and he's done an amazing job on all of our projects. We've grown the company together and it honestly wouldn't be the entity that it is today without his hard work, dedication, and talent.

Had he not introduced me to Patrick Rothfuss and the wonderful world created within his novels, this project would never have come to pass. So if you've enjoyed what we've done here, please support him on his next venture and don't hesitate to follow him on Twitter, his studio's website, and/or Facebook.

Unfortunately, it was only a matter of time before others saw his amazing talent and we ran the risk of losing him. I hope that everyone here will be as supportive in his new ventures as they were when he was with Albino Dragon. I know I'll be one of the first backers if he ever decides to do a Kickstarter of his own.

Please don't think this will affect your rewards in any way. Shane is committed to making sure that we deliver on time so the biggest bottleneck at this point is just getting those shopping carts closed so that we can make our final orders ;-)

Shane Tyree about 2 hours ago
I will in no way let this effect the work I do to finish this project, which to be honest has been the highlight of my creative career. Erik simply could not justify the cost in paying me, and considered me a liability in light of my pursuit of other licenses for Albino Dragon.
What you are all actually witnessing is a tactful and well executed attempt to spin what was in fact a very very terrible conversation between Erik and I. That ended with the promise of a discussion in the morning, culminating in this update. Which was, suffice to say, a surprise to me. Thank you all for the congratulations, but for the record, I am being congratulated for being run out of the company that my work helped to create. I thank you for your kind words, and I stand by my commitment to give YOU ALL every piece of work that I feel you deserve.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:16:24 AM by Rob Wright »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 02:34:58 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

Shane made AD alot of money, asked for more, and Erik gave him the finger and kicked him out.  >:(

Nice. How pleasant!  ::)
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 03:35:12 AM »

Yin

• 52 Plus Joker Member
I love Shane's work and it's sad that it didn't work out between them. They were doing so well together.
Honestly, I would like Shane's take on this issue. Did he get kicked out (sorry to put it this way) because it was decided that he should not be paid for work other than for his art?