You are Here:
New Deck from The Virts

Author (Read 20294 times)

Re: New Deck from The Virts
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2013, 07:00:41 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:41:31 PM by Collector »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2013, 10:29:39 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Just got an email update from the Virts. The decks were ready to ship from the USPCC on the 29th and have been moved to their shipping facilities. Look forward to receiving my decks!
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2013, 11:21:36 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
If you are interested in all court cards

http://playingcardcollector.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/the-virtuoso-playing-cards-by-the-virts/

I don't say this enough, but you do some mighty fine work.  You're an asset to the board.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2013, 01:16:12 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
If you are interested in all court cards

http://playingcardcollector.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/the-virtuoso-playing-cards-by-the-virts/

I don't say this enough, but you do some mighty fine work.  You're an asset to the board.

Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »

TheDespotes

Too bad I didn't order these cards >:(  They look fantastic! I hope they will be available on ebay...

« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Too bad I didn't order these cards >:(  They look fantastic! I hope they will be available on ebay...

I'm sure they will be. Almost all cards released in recent times have been on eBay, if not all. It's just a matter of how expensive they'll be and if you're willing to pay that amount.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2013, 11:59:55 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I got my five decks today and I'm really digging them so far!

« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2013, 12:58:40 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
I got my five decks today and I'm really digging them so far!

Already?!  >:( maybe I should've checked my mail today :P I honestly forgot about these but thanks for letting us know they're being received. I'll keep an eye out!

« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Mine came in yesterday as well. Keep an eye out for them!

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2013, 12:27:18 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
We should have them in stock pretty soon all being well!

http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/virtuoso-launch-edition-playing-cards
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2013, 06:56:24 AM »

Doctor

• Newcomer
Hello!
Where I can buy this deck in on-line?

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hello!

First, welcome to the boards!
Second, the deck hasn't yet been released, so no one is selling it yet.
Third, the post before yours is by a retailer in the UK who WILL be carrying it when it's available.

Read what was written before you and you'll be amazed at the wealth of information you'll find...unless you're in the LOL-A-Query-Um, in which case it's every being for themselves!  :))

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2013, 11:27:23 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Hello!

Third, the post before yours is by a retailer in the UK who WILL be carrying it when it's available.

Read what was written before you and you'll be amazed at the wealth of information you'll find...unless you're in the LOL-A-Query-Um, in which case it's every being for themselves!  :))

From what I'm reading on the Virtuoso Twitter page it has been acknowledged by virtuoso that those who preordered have started to receive their decks. Although I have not recieved mine yet, I'm sure I will soon. Virtuoso also answered a customers question, if the decks would also be sold on the website once they become available? Yes they will be sold on the website. I would imagine that will happen once all the preorders are sent out. Welcome to the forum.

« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2013, 02:05:23 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Hello!

From what I'm reading on the Virtuoso Twitter page it has been acknowledged by virtuoso that those who preordered have started to receive their decks. Although I have not recieved mine yet, I'm sure I will soon. Virtuoso also answered a customers question, if the decks would also be sold on the website once they become available? Yes they will be sold on the website. I would imagine that will happen once all the preorders are sent out. Welcome to the forum.

Yeah I think some people said they got theirs on this thread. I haven't gotten my decks yet but I'm patient. The question is, if the Virts will be selling these decks on their website, will it be the Launch Edition or will it be another print? I know they said a while back that the Launch Edition didn't sell out but that was a long time ago.

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2013, 02:14:34 PM »

see_squared

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I received mine the other day.  I wrote Huron to congratulate him and his team on a job well done.  We had a nice conversation and he was very grateful to hear good things about the product they worked so hard to create.  He also mentioned that even he hasn't received his yet (he's in Singapore), but is anxiously awaiting for them to arrive.

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2013, 04:00:36 AM »

Doctor

• Newcomer
Thanks all for answers.
http://www.thevirts.com/launchedition/ - Internal Server Error

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Mine came today.
Holy... just... wow.
The box is awesome. Heavy, matte, and very classy.
The back? Thin borders make for awesome fans, and that stroboscopic spin effect is phenomenal.
Faces are REALLY cool, and tie in with the minimal design perfectly.
They handle awesomely, but they're tricky to faro.
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of jokers. You get 4 ad cards. But the backs all fit in to make a 4X larger version of the back, so that's cool.

Awesome, awesome deck.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:52:54 PM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2013, 09:48:01 PM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Mine came today.
Holy... just... wow.
The back? Thin borders make for awesome fans, and that stroboscopic spin effect is phenomenal.
The handle awesomely, but they're tricky to faro.
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of jokers. You get 4 ad cards. But the backs all fit in to make a 4X larger version of the back, so that's cool.

Awesome, awesome deck.

That's really good news! Mine's probably going to be waiting for me in my mailbox on Monday so I still need to wait a bit. I'm excited though! Wonder why the opted for no jokers and decided to do all ad cards. It's not like we don't know who they are. We bought the deck! Off of presale too!

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2013, 09:52:22 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Mine came today.
Holy... just... wow.
The handle awesomely, but they're tricky to faro.

Awesome, awesome deck.

That's really good news! Mine's probably going to be waiting for me in my mailbox on Monday so I still need to wait a bit. I'm excited though! Wonder why the opted for no jokers and decided to do all ad cards. It's not like we don't know who they are. We bought the deck! Off of presale too!

Expect great things. And if you can do the pirouette, expect greater things.

The lack of jokers was underwhelming, but hey. At least the idea with the ad cards was cool and fresh.

(sorry for the crappy quality)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:08:48 PM by MrMollusk »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2013, 10:04:23 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member

Jokers are usually left out of a deck for flourishing since it adds unnecessary thickness. This is a deck for flourishers made by flourishers after all. ;)

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

Jokers are usually left out of a deck for flourishing since it adds unnecessary thickness. This is a deck for flourishers made by flourishers after all. ;)

True, but there's still flourishes where 2 jokers can be pretty nice to have.
Magic and cardistry blends use them a lot for reveals. Even though this deck is completely cardistry oriented, I think they could have done much more with the extra cards.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2013, 09:57:33 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I reckon the ad cards are rather innovative. With the right patter, the jokers required for an effect  can easily be replaced with any 2 cards of the same value and color. But 4 ad cards becoming a larger art piece has never been done before. So I am in favor of the ad cards. Moreover, 54 cards can harly fit into my porper clip :D

« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I reckon the ad cards are rather innovative. With the right patter, the jokers required for an effect  can easily be replaced with any 2 cards of the same value and color. But 4 ad cards becoming a larger art piece has never been done before. So I am in favor of the ad cards. Moreover, 54 cards can harly fit into my porper clip :D

As I see it, you can simply treat the ad cards as non-identical jokers.  There's no law that states a joker has to have a clown or a king on a bicycle with the word "Joker" on it somewhere...

« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2013, 04:10:31 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
Received my order today and opened a deck. From what I visually see, it's a very attractive deck and one that, although simple, makes me want to take 'em out of the tuck and look at them again right after I've put them away. I think part of the draw for me is the fact that they aren't super complicated or intricate.

Haven't had the time to play with them a lot but as of now, it seems like a good deck! I have a suspicion they'll probably handle like most custom decks printed by the USPCC anyway so I'm not expecting to be amazed.

« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2013, 04:59:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Based on everyone's comments (at least everyone who picked this up), I should be regretting not getting any for myself.  But I learned quickly into starting this hobby of mine that I would never own every single deck I wanted, never mind every single deck out there.  There's just too many of them!

Received my order today and opened a deck. From what I visually see, it's a very attractive deck and one that, although simple, makes me want to take 'em out of the tuck and look at them again right after I've put them away. I think part of the draw for me is the fact that they aren't super complicated or intricate.

Haven't had the time to play with them a lot but as of now, it seems like a good deck! I have a suspicion they'll probably handle like most custom decks printed by the USPCC anyway so I'm not expecting to be amazed.

This deck is much more about the design than the performance, because let's face it, the majority of custom decks made these days at USPC handle just fine right from the box and the only major difference between them physically is thickness/stiffness of stock - and even that can be variable within a single print run!  I've said before, Magic Finish became the great equalizer, making all decks perform like all other decks.