You are Here:
Red Arcane

Author (Read 17465 times)

Re: Red Arcane and Red Artifice v2!?!?!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I think it was taken from the fight club thing between Gold arcane and Red artifice. Change some words and a bit of coloring and wa la. we have this.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Why is this thread not locked?

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
I hesitate to say this, but as much as I fancy the idea, I really don't think a red arcane could work.  What makes the arcane cards so beautiful - to me, is that they are pretty much a borderless deck - without any of the performance flaws that borderless decks come with due to the subtlety of the border design.  I fear that adding red to the back design would significantly diminish this feature of the cards.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

Because we are discussing if we would like a red arcane.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The decks don't exist, the picture was posted by some guy with photoshop, and the decks most likely will never exist.

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
The lack of actual existence should not discourage us from discussing hypothetical situations.  Let us have our fun  :P
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I hesitate to say this, but as much as I fancy the idea, I really don't think a red arcane could work.  What makes the arcane cards so beautiful - to me, is that they are pretty much a borderless deck - without any of the performance flaws that borderless decks come with due to the subtlety of the border design.  I fear that adding red to the back design would significantly diminish this feature of the cards.

I don't think so.  Imagine the Gold Arcanes but with red instead of gold.  No serious design changes needed.  The deck remains borderless.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 08:13:49 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

Why would a thread free of spam get locked? It's a fun thread and people are enjoying the conversation. The only things we lock are spam, link spam, blatant ads, bot threads, and repeat threads.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The decks don't exist, the picture was posted by some guy with photoshop, and the decks most likely will never exist.

What makes you say that?

If we batted the idea around here a bit longer, got enough people interested in it, we could perhaps begin a write-in campaign to request the red designs.  There certainly seems to be enough interest in them...  Any smart retailer would listen when their customers are clamoring for something that they can deliver.

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

What makes you say that?

If we batted the idea around here a bit longer, got enough people interested in it, we could perhaps begin a write-in campaign to request the red designs.  There certainly seems to be enough interest in them...  Any smart retailer would listen when their customers are clamoring for something that they can deliver.
I'm sure there is enough interest in them printing non-limited gold arcanes but that won't happen.

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 11:02:45 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

What makes you say that?

I'm sure there is enough interest in them printing non-limited gold arcanes but that won't happen.

Are you sure they could? I thought they said the destroyed the plates or something? and do we really want gold arcanes to be common? and not rare at all? all the people who spent a lot would feel bad.

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

What makes you say that?

Are you sure they could? I thought they said the destroyed the plates or something? and do we really want gold arcanes to be common? and not rare at all? all the people who spent a lot would feel bad.
It was more of a hyperbole and not meant to be taken literally.

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I dont think that these will be released, but if E was smart they would be, at least the red arcane.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 02:20:39 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Come on now, who wouldn't buy a Red/Black Arcane and a Blue/White Arcane?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2012, 02:50:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
A non-limited Gold Arcane deck is not a new deck or even a new color - it's the same deck as the present Gold Arcane, so no, they wouldn't do that, and there's a few thousand people who would agree that it's not a good idea, all of which own the Gold Arcane.

They've said straight-up that the Red Artifice would never appear in a version 2 design, so as to not dilute the value of the version 1 deck for the people who own it.

But take their newest deck release, the "Artifice: Edition Purple" as they're calling it.  The idea for that came from them batting around ideas for what would be the next Artifice deck on their Facebook page.  Borderless wasn't even a given option (they were just inquiring about colors), but people were plugging it in at a rate of about 1 in 5.  I found it a little bizarre that they took this to be a customer mandate, when it was an opinion expressed by only 20% of the respondents, but they thought it noteworthy simply because it wasn't a given option in the choices.

So yes, if enough people (waving enough cash in front of their faces) request a particular deck, such as a Red Arcane, there's a really good chance they'll make it, even if it's not a majority consensus - it just has to be enough to appear profitable.

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 12:06:21 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

What makes you say that?

Why are you being so bitter about people discussing playing cards?

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 09:00:24 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Wow not being online for a while and then seeing the new posts and new deck releases (specially the purple Artiface) and now RED Arcanes. :p Woot!

So some people say its not real because E confirms it or something. But what if that is a part of their grand Scheme of things. To leave us guessing and pondering amongst ourselves. Also It creates hype/anticipation and all that jazz. :P 

Either way. I wouldn't mind a Red Arcane. Heck I hope they come out with a purple one too! :P

xoxo
Lara

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 11:51:53 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Come on now, who wouldn't buy a Red/Black Arcane and a Blue/White Arcane?

I just caught this...

I think they'd be cool from a performer's perspective, or a collector's.  But it's not a good combination for poker - both decks should be either all-white or all-black, with alternating colors for the highlights.  You'd want them pretty much the same in design, just different in coloration on the backs.  Poker players are a stubborn lot in general (except for casual nickel- and quarter-ante players).  They like conformity.

Good pairs (beside the obvious Masters) would be the bordered blue and green Artifice, or the borderless blue and purple Artifice.  Decks in white and black, like Arcane and Ghost, wouldn't be terribly popular to that audience segment.

I still think a black/red Arcane deck would look awesome...  And I disagree with E in thinking that a v2 red Artifice would dilute the value of the v1 red.  I always liked v1, but preferred v2.

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 11:12:37 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
The RED arcane deck was actually part of a prototype deck, according to Daniel Madison in his weekly webcast with Ellusionist - Revelations. He mentions it somewhere in the middle of the webcast.just before the 5 mins mark. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:17:35 PM by Siegismyname »

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 01:08:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The RED arcane deck was actually part of a prototype deck, according to Daniel Madison in his weekly webcast with Ellusionist - Revelations. He mentions it somewhere in the middle of the webcast.just before the 5 mins mark. Enjoy.

First of all, don't post so big - my eyes hurt...

Second of all, the fact they considered a Red Arcane deck is coincidental.  The image that started all of this in the first place (and I'm attaching to this post - use the SCROLL BAR to see the whole thing) showed both a Red Arcane and a Red Artifice v2.  Ellusionist has made it very clear that they would not make a version 2 of Red Artifice to keep from potentially diluting the aftermarket value of version 1.  So the image was someone's fun little prank and Daniel Madison's revelation of it being half-accurate is incidental at most.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:08:51 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 10:51:13 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I was supposed to provide the link to revelations. So here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-dt16KLNoU

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2013, 03:01:17 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Yeah of course now Red Arcane is a "prototype" after my mock up proved to be so in demand. :P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2013, 03:13:45 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
Yeah of course now Red Arcane is a "prototype" after my mock up proved to be so in demand. :P

HEY! Remember who told you to make the mock up!
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I guess Don was right about when there is a demand there will be a suply.

I really hope these are released sometime soon because they are going to be awesome. I wonder if they will go like the gold arcane and just do accents and pips with red or go like the white and black artifices and go all red.

I think traces would look best.

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

HEY! Remember who told you to make the mock up!

HEY! Remember who you sent the link to in the first place; jeopardizing my (I mean "his") credibility, and making me ( I mean "him") act like he didn't know anything while I (Darn it. I mean "him". Why do I keep saying that?) was laughing maniacally every step of the way? Remember John? Remember?

So I guess the gig is up?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!