Vendio

Author (Read 902 times)

Vendio
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:08:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I posted a retailer's offer on the STISO site - they were selling the complete OriginalFake set for a crazy-low price.  The retailer, WholesalingMagic, appeared legit, and was selling out of Hong Kong according to their registry.  I might have seem some of their stuff on eBay, I can't be sure.

I took a look today - and the entire shop was gone, removed from vendio.com's directory of shops!  The link to the page led to the Vendio home page.

Was the shop a scam?  I can't prove it.  But the fact that they can simply vanish like that, without a trace, leaves me very unsettled about any of the retailers on Vendio.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:17:01 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Vendio - possible haven for scammers
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:47:53 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That is really weird, We will probably never know if it was a scam.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member

I will know since I bought the decks. On the other thread I mentioned that they have another shop on Vendio now called 'ws.magic'. I found that link through the email they sent to confirm my order, one of those 'click here to see your order details' and it took me to the ws.magic store on Vendio, and indeed to my order page.

I also see that ws.magic is their username on eBay where they have an eBay store called Wholesalingmagic or something. The feedback on the eBay user ws.magic is good too.

I emailed the address I got the confirmation email from, which was the same address that my PayPal payment went to, and asked them about what happened to the original Vendio store. I'll post their reply when/if they reply.

Here's hoping it's not a scam. As I said on the other thread, the only difference between the ws.magic store and the wholesalemagic store on Vendio is that there seem to be much less items. If I recall, they had a large number of cards on the store that Don originally posted, now there are 18. But, we'll see.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

I will know since I bought the decks. On the other thread I mentioned that they have another shop on Vendio now called 'ws.magic'. I found that link through the email they sent to confirm my order, one of those 'click here to see your order details' and it took me to the ws.magic store on Vendio, and indeed to my order page.

I also see that ws.magic is their username on eBay where they have an eBay store called Wholesalingmagic or something. The feedback on the eBay user ws.magic is good too.

I emailed the address I got the confirmation email from, which was the same address that my PayPal payment went to, and asked them about what happened to the original Vendio store. I'll post their reply when/if they reply.

Here's hoping it's not a scam. As I said on the other thread, the only difference between the ws.magic store and the wholesalemagic store on Vendio is that there seem to be much less items. If I recall, they had a large number of cards on the store that Don originally posted, now there are 18. But, we'll see.
Ok Hopefully it isn`t a scam for you, I hadn`t seen that other thread.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Why did you post two threads for the same thing?
Anyways, now they have put some decks back up on their site. Which means chances are they aren't a scam.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 12:15:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Why did you post two threads for the same thing?
Anyways, now they have put some decks back up on their site. Which means chances are they aren't a scam.

They weren't about the same thing.  The other thread was originally about a retailers carrying the entire OriginalFake set very cheaply.  When I saw my link no longer worked and the shop wasn't there, I got very concerned.  But judging from what I saw here, my concerns were unwarranted.

I'll just go ahead and close this thread - and the other, since the set is now apparently sold.  Thanks for giving me good intel on this shop.  The fact that they deal through eBay and only accept PayPal are both good signs that they're legit.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/