You are Here:
60 Deck Acrylic Playing Card Display

Author (Read 6342 times)

Re: 60 Deck Acrylic Playing Card Display
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
9 lbs!  Wow, I was thinking about buying another Pennzoni case, but they're so damn heavy.  You may have me convinced to purchase one of the black acrylic ones.  Is the black acrylic a coating on the acrylic or is the plastic actually tinted?  Is the black one opaque or slightly translucent (this matters to me because of how it will look on different colored walls)?

Consider my interest significantly peaked.

The black ones are opaque. I am not sure if the acrylic is a coating or tint, but I will find out. Just like collecting playing cards, this is a personal decision. Some people may want wood, leather or a different material, but we looked at over 20 different finishing materials and combinations of different finishing materials and found this one to really offer everything I was looking for in a display. I wanted:

1) Aesthetics
2) Quality and durability
3) Value

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:07:49 AM by bmpokerworld »

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
One more question.  Would it be possible to get the door in glass?  Or would that be something I would have to get aftermarket?  I'm not sure if you can answer this now, but if I can't get a glass door on it, then I'd be very interested in the specs on the acrylic used for the door, are you using optical grade cell cast acrylic?  Many types of acrylic tend to yellow over time, and it scratches very easily.  Most of them are a pain in the ass to keep looking shiny, because of the plastic, it's like a dust magnet, and in order to keep from scratching it, you need to use a special spray and like a microfiber cloth to clean it.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
One more question.  Would it be possible to get the door in glass?  Or would that be something I would have to get aftermarket?  I'm not sure if you can answer this now, but if I can't get a glass door on it, then I'd be very interested in the specs on the acrylic used for the door, are you using optical grade cell cast acrylic?  Many types of acrylic tend to yellow over time, and it scratches very easily.  Most of them are a pain in the ass to keep looking shiny, because of the plastic, it's like a dust magnet, and in order to keep from scratching it, you need to use a special spray and like a microfiber cloth to clean it.

You would have to add the glass yourself. It would not be something we would be able to add at this point. I am not sure about the door but I already asked my supplier. I can tell you that I have had baseball jersey displays hanging on my wall for over 10 years that are just standard acrylic and have not had any yellowing. I really do not think scratching will be an issue since it will be hung on the wall. Again, after over 10 years, including a move from my old house to our new one, I have no scratches on any of my acrylic displays. I also have a few wood frame displays as well and find those are easier to scratch. I have a Willie Mays Jersey that I spent over $700 just for the frame and found that it requires more maintenance and is not as durable.
Thanks!
Thanks!

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Willie Mays... WOW... It's good to be the King of Cards isn't it BMPokerworld...  ;)

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 12:46:40 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Willie Mays... WOW... It's good to be the King of Cards isn't it BMPokerworld...  ;)

LOL Thank you, but no. I made my money in a different business, not this one. But I definitely enjoy what I do!!!!

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
9 lbs!  Wow, I was thinking about buying another Pennzoni case, but they're so damn heavy.  You may have me convinced to purchase one of the black acrylic ones.  Is the black acrylic a coating on the acrylic or is the plastic actually tinted?  Is the black one opaque or slightly translucent (this matters to me because of how it will look on different colored walls)?

Consider my interest significantly peaked.

The black ones are opaque. I am not sure if the acrylic is a coating or tint, but I will find out. Just like collecting playing cards, this is a personal decision. Some people may want wood, leather or a different material, but we looked at over 20 different finishing materials and combinations of different finishing materials and found this one to really offer everything I was looking for in a display. I wanted:

1) Aesthetics
2) Quality and durability
3) Value

The black acrylic is black colored acrylic. It is not coated or tinted.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:08:31 PM by bmpokerworld »

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 04:49:38 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Just wanted to give everyone an update. The displays are done and are being shipped to us and they should be in stock by the beginning of next week. I will post next week with exact pricing and a link.

I was told the displays are made with virgin acrylic material that will not yellow over time.
Thanks!

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 07:48:24 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That sounds awesome, looking forward to seeing them :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
That sounds awesome, looking forward to seeing them :)

Here is the link again to our blog which has pictures: http://bmpokerworld.blogspot.com/2012/03/acrylic-playing-card-displays-in-black.html
Thanks!

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
thanks for the link, Those look really cool, I`ll have to see the prices and decide on one :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Just wanted to give everyone an update. The displays are done and are being shipped to us and they should be in stock by the beginning of next week. I will post next week with exact pricing and a link.

I was told the displays are made with virgin acrylic material that will not yellow over time.
Thanks!

I sent you a private message

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
I just wanted to let everyone know, we now have the displays in stock.

http://www.bmpokerworld.com/playing_card_displays.php

Thanks!

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:37 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I just wanted to let everyone know, we now have the displays in stock.

http://www.bmpokerworld.com/playing_card_displays.php

Thanks!
Is there a door to it? Like a glass door of something?

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 06:12:48 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Yes there is a sliding door for easy access to all your decks.
Thanks!

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 11:46:18 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Yes there is a sliding door for easy access to all your decks.
Thanks!
And is it possible to put 120 decks by fitting 2 decks instead of one in depth?

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
No and I am not sure why you would want to do that because you would only be able to see one anyway, if it was hanging on the way.
Thanks!

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 12:00:22 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
No and I am not sure why you would want to do that because you would only be able to see one anyway, if it was hanging on the way.
Thanks!
Well many of us have duplicates. So we could store both there but only display the sealed one.

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
The purpose is to display all or a portion of your collection. I would keep the duplicates separate. When you go to a museum they don't have the identical piece over and over again on display right? Same concept here.
Thanks!