You are Here:
60 Deck Acrylic Playing Card Display

Author (Read 6339 times)

60 Deck Acrylic Playing Card Display
« on: March 06, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Hey everyone!!!!
We finally got our working samples in, for our 60 Deck Playing Card Display. Check out our blog post for all our details: http://bmpokerworld.blogspot.com/2012/03/acrylic-playing-card-displays-in-black.html  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

www.Bmpokerworld.com
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 05:06:18 PM by CBJ »

Re: 60 Deck Acrylic Pplaying Card Display
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
Looks great!
Thumbs up.Only downside is the pricing $149.99 - $159.99.
I think you will sell them like warm cookies in a price range of $99.95.

Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:41:51 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Thanks!!! I appreciate the input. Unfortunately, they are very expensive to fabricate.
Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
What's the weight?

It would be a bitch to ship safely

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
They look great! If I were to buy one, it would be the clear one because I like how it looks.
My only problem is the price... its not an insane price but $100 would be an ideal price for me... but thats just me.

Also, do you have an estimated release date? Thanks

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 04:45:06 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
It must be a hassle to ship this internationally, guess I'll have to pass on this. :S

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
What's the weight?

It would be a bitch to ship safely

CBJ

The displays weigh about 9 pounds each. I do not think it will be difficult to securely ship them, as the samples were sent UPS without and damage or issues.
Thanks!

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
It must be a hassle to ship this internationally, guess I'll have to pass on this. :S

I don't think they will be any more difficult to ship internationally than domestically.
Thanks!

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 04:54:44 PM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
They look great! If I were to buy one, it would be the clear one because I like how it looks.
My only problem is the price... its not an insane price but $100 would be an ideal price for me... but thats just me.

Also, do you have an estimated release date? Thanks

We will have stock in about 4 weeks.
Thanks!

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 06:38:08 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

Actually you don't need such a acrylic display when studying abroad. You may order and specify the size and its design/structure when you are back to your country.

--EDIT--
I removed some numbers, I guess it is meaningless to mention them here :t11:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:41:13 PM by digipunk »

Re: 60 Deck Acrylic Playing Card Display
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Those look cool :)  So that is 2 deck display thing coming out soon, one from BMPW and that one from Skulkor :o
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 12:56:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Would fabricating this from wood with a clear display door reduce the production cost?  I really would have to think about it at the price points you mentioned, especially since less expensive options exist.

Interesting idea - make a version of this as a portable carrying case!  Either at this size or a bit smaller - maybe even with two displays hinged together, with a faux-leather or thick nylon covering.  Leave some space for magic gadgets and such and it would be an awesome magician's kit case.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 06:00:43 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
this is quite expensive ,, how much does international shipping cost ..
if it is too high i guess i just buy from discarding although their can only hold up a few deck

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 06:23:54 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Would fabricating this from wood with a clear display door reduce the production cost?  I really would have to think about it at the price points you mentioned, especially since less expensive options exist.

Interesting idea - make a version of this as a portable carrying case!  Either at this size or a bit smaller - maybe even with two displays hinged together, with a faux-leather or thick nylon covering.  Leave some space for magic gadgets and such and it would be an awesome magician's kit case.

We looked at a lot of different materials and this was the best one. In addition the price point is right in line with displays for other hobbies such as baseball and football collectibles. I am not aware that their are any other playing card display that will hold this many decks.

This is really designed as a permanent display piece and is not intended to be carried around. It was meant so you can show off your collection in your home.
Thanks!

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 06:28:20 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
if it is too high i guess i just buy from discarding although their can only hold up a few deck

While I have not seen their display, it sounds like it is not the same thing. From what has been said on this forum, that display will only hold two decks. So each display offers something different. One is for a large amount of cards and the other is for a couple of special decks.
Thanks!

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 08:46:35 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Discardsing has display cases that fit 2,6,12 and probably others. Its much, much different than the one from bmpokerworld

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I like the BMPW design.  I just wish it was a bit less pricey.  At $150 each, I'd need to spend $1200 just to hold a single pack of every deck in my collection!  Right now, as imperfect as it is, my second-hand shelving unit's looking good and holds the whole thousand-plus collection with some room to spare.  Display boxes like the ones in Curt's avatar can be made pretty cheaply.

I'm rambling.  Much as I'd love to blow a wad of cash on displays, my fiancee would leave me.  She's worth more.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 07:25:12 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Off topic for a sec..

Hey Bmpoker..

Will you be selling these decks..
Mana
Skulkor
Seasons

also, any idea when those Eric Dwan decks come out?? and the other Star deck?

thanks in advance

Jay
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Very nifty but still not on the caliber I need my display to be, since with all my decks I would have to purchase several of these and that would be very pricey.

The black one is sexy as hell though. Mike, any chance you could fabricate a 240 deck display?
Forum Founder.

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 12:40:08 AM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
I'm going to be moving house in a couple of months and this would be great to have for then. I'll have a look when it's up for sale and see how much international shipping would be.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 06:20:09 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Very nifty but still not on the caliber I need my display to be, since with all my decks I would have to purchase several of these and that would be very pricey.

The black one is sexy as hell though. Mike, any chance you could fabricate a 240 deck display?

Not sure but probably not because it would become to big and require a lot of wall space to hang. I think it should be treated just like any collectible. You display the decks you want in one display, two or three displays, depending on your budget and your wall space. You do not have to run out and buy enough displays to hold all your decks at once. I have lots of sports memorabilia and not all of it is displayed due to lack of wall space.
Thanks!

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2012, 10:03:57 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member

I just did a rough quote for a customer in Switzerland. I estimated cost will be about $80 to that country. While I do not have an exact figure yet because I do not have the exact boxes that they will be shipped in, I think this should give everyone a general idea of what the international shipping costs will be.
Thanks!

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
Pennzoni makes a similar display case that I have for about $100, it fits 55 decks (5 rows of 11).  It's wooden with a glass door.  I think if you could match that price, you could entice a lot more people to purchase yours.

You said it's acrylic.  How thick is the plexiglass?  How much does the unit weigh?  I know lexan tends to be more expensive, but it's stronger and easier to work with (and I happen love the look of tinted lexan), would it be cheaper in the long run to use that material instead?
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2012, 10:42:29 AM »

bmpokerworld

• Elite Member
Pennzoni makes a similar display case that I have for about $100, it fits 55 decks (5 rows of 11).  It's wooden with a glass door.  I think if you could match that price, you could entice a lot more people to purchase yours.

You said it's acrylic.  How thick is the plexiglass?  How much does the unit weigh?  I know lexan tends to be more expensive, but it's stronger and easier to work with (and I happen love the look of tinted lexan), would it be cheaper in the long run to use that material instead?

Pennzoni is a horrible company and I could not recommend them at all. I originally approached them about doing this product in wood over two years ago. They jerked me around for over 4 months and never sent a second prototype. They never could get the shelves to withstand the weight of the decks. We looked at other wood displays, as well as other finishing materials, and found acrylic to work the best.

The unit weighs about 9 pounds
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:43:36 AM by bmpokerworld »

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
9 lbs!  Wow, I was thinking about buying another Pennzoni case, but they're so damn heavy.  You may have me convinced to purchase one of the black acrylic ones.  Is the black acrylic a coating on the acrylic or is the plastic actually tinted?  Is the black one opaque or slightly translucent (this matters to me because of how it will look on different colored walls)?

Consider my interest significantly peaked.
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.