You are Here:
Bay State Card Co. Boxes

Author (Read 10568 times)

Bay State Card Co. Boxes
« on: February 13, 2019, 02:40:36 PM »

tobyedwards

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
A while ago, I had shown four seldom seen original boxes from the National Card Co. because I thought the designs on them were beautiful. It was also interesting to note that the front and back of each box was different. Today, I am presenting four seldom seen original boxes from the Bay State Card Co. because I think their designs are attractive, although not quite in the same class as the National boxes. It is unfortunate that the same designs shown here are repeated on both sides of the box and so there is not as much artistic effort on display in these instances.
The Colonial No. 20 brand is referred to in the Hochman encyclopedia under the SU23 listing in the Standard Playing Card Co. chapter whereas the Four-In-Hand No. 22 brand is referred to under the SU24 listing in the same chapter. The Judge No. 97 brand is referred to under the SU28 listing, also in the same chapter, and two different boxes issued for this brand are shown in the second photo. This brand was also issued with a later, much less visually interesting, box with only wording on it and no accompanying artwork, therefore, it is not shown here.