You are Here:
Sultan Republic: Treasury Edition by Ellusionist

Author (Read 38126 times)

Re: Sultan Republic Playing Cards, Treasury Edition
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2012, 01:33:19 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
that's not false in the slightest. When you were advertising your original auctions, I mentioned that the deck was available on Ellusionist and that the first person who bought your deck was massively overpaying. This was before E changed the link. All my comments were deleted by you. If you want to make this your word vs. mine, I'm fine with that because your word has no credibility right now.

« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2012, 01:41:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
@Don, I believe I've even heard you say this: "An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it"

In a fair market, yes.  But when you went out of your way to suppress information about where to get the deck at the same price you did, and when you attempted getting more than what Ellusionist would consider your fair share of the deck, well, you tried to change the playing field and the market's no longer a fair one.

As I said, not illegal, but dishonorable and slimy.  The short-term profits you gained are probably not worth the long-term damage to your reputation.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2012, 01:44:03 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
@Don, I believe I've even heard you say this: "An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it"

In a fair market, yes.  But when you went out of your way to suppress information about where to get the deck at the same price you did, and when you attempted getting more than what Ellusionist would consider your fair share of the deck, well, you tried to change the playing field and the market's no longer a fair one.

As I said, not illegal, but dishonorable and slimy.  The short-term profits you gained are probably not worth the long-term damage to your reputation.
I did not suppress any information at all. And I did not buy more decks than were allowed!

« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2012, 01:46:47 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I also noticed Evan trying to keep info from possible buyers. I posted a comment on his playing cards page on facebook and it was deleted. I posted it again so people would have the info and would pay an ungodly price for a deck they could get for less than 10 bucks and that comment was deleted and I was blocked from posting on the page! That's going a long ways to stop people from knowing basic information. I find it extremely dishonorable and I would consider him an ambassador for the card community like CBJ and others. Tis a shame
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2012, 01:47:29 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
are you saying that what I said here is false:

When you were advertising your original auctions, I mentioned that the deck was available on Ellusionist and that the first person who bought your deck was massively overpaying. This was before E changed the link. All my comments were deleted by you. If you want to make this your word vs. mine, I'm fine with that because your word has no credibility right now.

or are you saying that you don't agree that it's suppressing information

« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2012, 01:49:14 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Yeah I also noticed Evan trying to keep info from possible buyers. I posted a comment on his playing cards page on facebook and it was deleted. I posted it again so people would have the info and would pay an ungodly price for a deck they could get for less than 10 bucks and that comment was deleted and I was blocked from posting on the page! That's going a long ways to stop people from knowing basic information. I find it extremely dishonorable and I would consider him an ambassador for the card community like CBJ and others. Tis a shame
This is ridiculous and yet again false! I banned one person and clearly it was you, and the reason was because you that person was repeatedly posting the link to the decks, and every time I deleted it, it was posted again, so I to banned that person from posting on my page.

« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2012, 01:50:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I did not suppress any information at all. And I did not buy more decks than were allowed!

So, then Ellusionist DIDN'T change the wording of their offer from "three per order" to "three per person"?  Because that would contradict what you've already said.  They wouldn't have changed it if they didn't think people like you were abusing it, largely for profit at the expense of others, thus allowing fewer people to obtain the deck fairly.

All you're doing at this point is digging a deeper hole.  Make it deep enough and you might not be able to climb out of it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:07 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
This is ridiculous and yet again false! I banned one person and clearly it was you, and the reason was because you that person was repeatedly posting the link to the decks, and every time I deleted it, it was posted again, so I to banned that person from posting on my page.

someone who runs a facebook page about playing cards is deleting information about playing cards on the page...

well that's just great

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:21 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

So, then Ellusionist DIDN'T change the wording of their offer from "three per order" to "three per person"?  Because that would contradict what you've already said.  They wouldn't have changed it if they didn't think people like you were abusing it, largely for profit at the expense of others, thus allowing fewer people to obtain the deck fairly.

All you're doing at this point is digging a deeper hole.  Make it deep enough and you might not be able to climb out of it.
What are you talking about? I clearly stated above that they DID change the wording of their offer.

« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2012, 01:53:57 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

someone who runs a facebook page about playing cards is deleting information about playing cards on the page...

well that's just great
Deleting information that is not for everyone. In the past, I have been asked by the companies to remove information like that because it is not meant for people who in this case, did not decipher the Sultan deck.

« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

well that's just great
Deleting information that is not for everyone. In the past, I have been asked by the companies to remove information like that because it is not meant for people who in this case, did not decipher the Sultan deck.

yet you didn't delete your ebay auction that revealed the deck, and you ordered at least twice the amount of the deck you were supposed to. who are you to say that the information isn't for everyone?

« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2012, 01:57:38 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

well that's just great

The info on how to find the deck and buy it was not for everyone but when you posted the ebay auction you released the info that this deck was "out there" by me telling people E had it and they could use the other deck to find it... that is for everyone. It's just slimy what you did.

edit: the post above me echos my thoughts!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:58:15 AM by brown_baggs »

« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2012, 01:58:36 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Hey everyone! I know it's been a while since I have made a post, but I felt this thread deserved some attention.

Thanks for making this thread one of the most god damn entertaining things I have read tonight.

I may have to change CBJ's thread title to include a warning that a lot of the thread is actually useless bullshit banter.  ;)

Enjoy
- Curt

On a side note, I think the deck actually looks pretty sweet, but passed on it just because I have lost my fondness of E decks as of late, but I do think it is one of their better designed ones.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:01:51 AM by Curt »

« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

well that's just great

yet you didn't delete your ebay auction that revealed the deck, and you ordered at least twice the amount of the deck you were supposed to. who are you to say that the information isn't for everyone?
As stated on the Sultan Republic Treasury deck product page, "We ask you not to reveal the whereabouts of this special deck of playing cards." We are allowed to reveal the deck, just not reveal where to get the deck (the link)

« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2012, 02:02:23 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

well that's just great

As stated on the Sultan Republic Treasury deck product page, "We ask you not to reveal the whereabouts of this special deck of playing cards." We are allowed to reveal the deck, just not reveal where to get the deck (the link)

and i did this on your page without a link and you deleted it! That's going out of your way to keep info from people.

« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2012, 02:02:51 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

well that's just great

But by revealing the name you opened the doors for everyone to figure out the link. I am sure any idiot could have figured it out. Or as people stated once you gave the name we could google the damn thing and find it. E now has this whole thing fixed.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2012, 02:03:47 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

don't give me that bullshit. you don't care what ellusionist wanted you to do. I'm positive they didn't want you to order at least twice as many decks as they intended, or to sell the deck at four times what they were selling it at, yet you had absolutely no problems doing that.

« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2012, 02:07:03 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

well that's just great

The info on how to find the deck and buy it was not for everyone but when you posted the ebay auction you released the info that this deck was "out there" by me telling people E had it and they could use the other deck to find it... that is for everyone. It's just slimy what you did.

I was telling people how they could get the deck. I straight up told people that they could get the deck by deciphering the Sultan deck.

« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

well that's just great

I was telling people how they could get the deck. I straight up told people that they could get the deck by deciphering the Sultan deck.

Complete lie. you kept info from people AND deleted my comments telling people about it. If you had told people they wouldnt have paid your ridiculous prices

« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2012, 02:11:57 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
question. Have we all decided to waste our entire night telling evan how wrong he was for what he did? I was pissed but I feel its old news.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2012, 02:14:57 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
@brown_baggs, I'm not going to keep typing the same exact thing. I didn't withhold information, and I straight up told people that they could get this deck by deciphering the Sultan deck.

@Aaron, please don't blame me for something I didn't do. I actually wasn't the one who revealed the name or anything about the deck. I believe it was Lazarus who did it.

@sr15, right, because I'm sure you know exactly what my thoughts are. I actually did care what ellusionist wanted us to do. And if they didn't expect people to order more than once, then they would have said only 3 per person from the start.

I'm going to sleep now. I'll be back here in the morning to continue repeating myself over and over again.

« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2012, 02:16:27 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
question. Have we all decided to waste our entire night telling evan how wrong he was for what he did? I was pissed but I feel its old news.

well I've just about realized it's totally a lost cause. Doesn't really matter what he says anyway

« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2012, 02:18:04 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

well I've just about realized it's totally a lost cause. Doesn't really matter what he says anyway
Exactly, because no matter what I say, you don't believe me. And if it's such a lost cause, why do you continue with this?

« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2012, 02:18:33 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
@brown_baggs, I'm not going to keep typing the same exact thing. I didn't withhold information, and I straight up told people that they could get this deck by deciphering the Sultan deck.

@Aaron, please don't blame me for something I didn't do. I actually wasn't the one who revealed the name or anything about the deck. I believe it was Lazarus who did it.

@sr15, right, because I'm sure you know exactly what my thoughts are. I actually did care what ellusionist wanted us to do. And if they didn't expect people to order more than once, then they would have said only 3 per person from the start.

I'm going to sleep now. I'll be back here in the morning to continue repeating myself over and over again.

okay fine Evan you can keep writing the same thing but we know thats untrue and you fail to acknowledge the fact that you deleted my posts about the deck info (thus keeping it from people). Ill leave this to rest and you can keep defending yourself. But I think your reputation will be tarnished for a long while...

« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2012, 02:20:23 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran

Exactly, because no matter what I say, you don't believe me. And if it's such a lost cause, why do you continue with this?

well for one you were essentially saying I was lying when I said you deleted my posts and you denied it. I figured you might admit that you pulled some scummy bullshit and you might salvage some credibility, but it seems you have no intention of doing that