• Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
you better humanoid, because it shall look awesome
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: How should I store my cards?
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2011, 08:29:10 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
My parents bought me a cabinet that I wanted for Christmas.  It only came in white though.  So, I'm currently sanding it down and gonna paint it black.  Once its painted I will then assemble it and I am also gonna install LED Puck lights inside the cabinet for lighting.  The shelving inside the cabinet is glass which I thought would look nice with the lights inside.  I plan on storing all my cards, magic dvd's, books, and AIP bottles inside.  Hopefully it will look really sharp when I'm done.  I will post pics when its finished.  ;)
Wow! That sounds like it will look really great when it's finished! I look forward to seeing pictures!
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »

Derek

• Discourse Veteran
Just took a quick pic of some of my collection. I got these at Target a few years ago.. Red and black ( my fav colors ) and it's suede. Really nice and fits the decks perfectly, I was surprised! i have another box too, and have about 20 decks on the way.. It fits about 3-4 decks down and 4 on each side. 2 Layers.

You buy a Ferrari when you want to be someone. You buy a Lamborghini when you are someone. - Frank Sinatra

« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2011, 12:49:25 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
WoW!
That's awesome.
I gotta find some nice suitcase for my decks.

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2011, 01:11:03 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i store mine like this on the bookshelf the clear plastice just folds neatly over the back and covers the front to protect the cards http://twitpic.com/7wsy8q

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I've been storing my cards in fiestaware boxes. They are pretty sturdy and hold a good amount of cards. (I'll edit this post later with pictures!!). I'm hoping to get a bookshelf or showcase one of these days. I think they look great on a shelf.

Sidenote: probably the coolest picture I've seen of cards on shelving (not framed) is the Buck twins collection. It's pretty inspiring for new collectors. I know that fueled me for a while haha
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I've been storing my cards in fiestaware boxes. They are pretty sturdy and hold a good amount of cards. (I'll edit this post later with pictures!!). I'm hoping to get a bookshelf or showcase one of these days. I think they look great on a shelf.

Sidenote: probably the coolest picture I've seen of cards on shelving (not framed) is the Buck twins collection. It's pretty inspiring for new collectors. I know that fueled me for a while haha

Could you show us that picture, please?

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2011, 03:03:54 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Could you show us that picture, please?

you want the pic of the buck twin colection ?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:05:25 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2011, 03:30:45 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
That's a lot of cards, and expensive ones, but what about variety? It's easy to buy 30 of the same deck, but show me you have at least one of every deck worth owning and THEN I'll be impressed... That's the Buck twins, really?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:31:13 AM by Moon.exe »
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2011, 03:39:00 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That's a lot of cards, and expensive ones, but what about variety? It's easy to buy 30 of the same deck, but show me you have at least one of every deck worth owning and THEN I'll be impressed... That's the Buck twins, really?

yep thats the buck twins heres a video of him in getting decks from it skip to 2 minutes he gets two decks of jerrys from there to bet in a card game looks like its in there kitchin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vil1XhzE1VA&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:40:25 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2011, 03:51:25 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
Yeah, there sure is a lot of expensive stuff in there, but it's obviously not meant to be a pretty display ::)

« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2011, 03:54:48 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
haha i bet thats just one of there displays there probebrly have shelves like that everywhere :P

« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2011, 05:48:54 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
That was a cool little video! I didn't realize that their collection was in cupboard under a island in a kitchen (or what looks to be a kitchen)!! That's actually pretty amusing. I agree that there is a lot of multiples in their collection, but it is one crazy collection none the less. Also that picture is out of date so who knows what it looks like now!

It's been a busy last couple of days prepping for christmas, but I will be putting up a picture of how I store my cards and a Picture of my collection sometime soon!!

Happy Holidays All and Merry Christmas

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
So I finally got time to take pictures of how I store my cards, sorry it took so long!

So the first picture is just the box that I keep them in. I start by putting the cards in sideways standing up and then I put cards face down on top of those cards on the bottom. You can see the bottom layer in the 2nd picture and then the top layer in the 3rd. It's nothing special, but it works really well. The boxes are nice and sturdy and they hold a good amount of cards (55 or so). I don't put brick boxes in any of the three fiestaware boxes I have, instead I keep those separate since they don't fit well with the box.

It's not bad for now but I'm looking to get a bookshelf so I can display my cards better. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions!!

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2011, 11:22:21 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i saw a video showing his collection a huge collection i was very impress here the link there are 2 part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS_3VPVL4Dc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g07D_YHhQzY&feature=related he has alot of jerry's nugget

« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 02:57:56 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
An awesome picture I found on a playing card tumblr page! It looks awesome!! Nice rows, nicely organized, and sweet pullout drawers. I would kill for something like that!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:58:09 AM by brown_baggs »

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 03:52:59 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
i saw a video showing his collection a huge collection i was very impress here the link there are 2 part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS_3VPVL4Dc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g07D_YHhQzY&feature=related he has alot of jerry's nugget
So... Many... Cards... :o

And I'd lvoe to have this drawer. ::)

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2012, 07:53:41 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Love the displays, shelves and boxes!
Anyway I live in a country where typhoons are a yearly thing. My concerns about having a card collection is on how to keep them safe. We've all seen the video of the guy in southern Philippines whose collection got totaled in Typhoon Sendong. I experienced a similar thing. a few of my decks and my laptop (which was my life) "passed away" when the ceiling in my room collapsed during a very rainy day (not necessarily a typhoon) while I was away. It was devastating of course. Also I know a few more people who have had this similar experience.
From what I have read so far. I now know that we have too keep them in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.

Its nice to have all those neat displays. But in your opinion, what measures will you take to make sure that your collection stays safe, given if you lived where I do. :P

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2012, 07:59:02 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
That's colorful! ;D
You could keep your decks in watertight cases like Pelican cases. They're a bit expensive, but if I had to live with the constant risk of my decks being destroyed, I would like the extra safety.

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2012, 08:49:13 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
That's colorful! ;D
You could keep your decks in watertight cases like Pelican cases. They're a bit expensive, but if I had to live with the constant risk of my decks being destroyed, I would like the extra safety.

yeap very colorful! hahaha hard to quote though.

But yeah.

Pelican Cases?

*googles*

? :o ?

Oooh okay You mean the ones they use for photography. :P

Not Bad! Yeah I'll definitely start to invest in those. Water tight! Shockproof! <3 it!

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I see Google has humor. ;D

Yup, the same as photographers use, but they don't have to be as big if you're only starting, you can always get more later.
 I posted a link to a specific model a while ago, either in this thread or one of the many duplicates. I'll try to find it.

Edit: Here it is. http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1095
If I remember correctly, it can accomodate around 40-50 decks. Looking back on it, a collection grows pretty fast, and that might not be large enough to be worth it over time, but there's plenty of other models to choose from.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:57:15 PM by Moon.exe »

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity

• YouTube:
Mucho me gusta! These are really convenient for travel too I think since I tend to travel back and forth from China and the Philippines. This is GREAT! Now I wonder if we have any outlets here or in Beijing. will search for it or something similar. :) I'm pretty sure there are a lot of competitors of this brand. THANKS!!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
If you get something from a competitor, make sure it really is watertight, you wouldn't want water to slip in and get to your precious cards! ;)

I don't really travel at the moment but I know I'll have to move in a year or so, so a transport-friendly solution is indeed very nice. Though I still wish I could have an epic display like some of the guys around here... But that will come later.

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2012, 02:04:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I've heard nothing but good things about Pelican cases.  Removable pluck-foam inserts, watertight, durable shell...  There's a few models that would function well as luggage, complete with wheels and retractable handle.

I'd be wary of competing brands, personally.  You can get a huge Pelican case for a not-too-expensive price, easily large enough to house most people's collections.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2012, 11:43:14 AM »

z1g

• Newcomer
  • Irony is the "b" in subtle
Some creative ideas... really like them. Love the wooden display box CBJ has. I have some big wooden cigar boxes lying around might see how they would go in there. Curts shelves are amazing looking.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:47:15 AM by z1g »
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." (Douglas Adams)