You are Here:
I built a marketplace for playing card enthusiasts

Author (Read 419 times)

I built a marketplace for playing card enthusiasts
« on: January 22, 2023, 03:27:46 PM »

cardbase

• Newcomer
Hi everyone. I've been toying with the idea of starting a marketplace for playing cards for some time. Now I finally built an MVP to get things started. I've used eBay and forums before for selling but I haven't been quite happy with either. I wanted to create a marketplace specifically for playing card enthusiasts and I thought what better way to get things started than to first share it with this community.

It's free to join and upload decks for sale. There are no listing fees and to start I'm only charging a 5% commission on sales (eBay takes 12.9% at minimum) to just cover the cost of running the marketplace.

For buyers, it's pretty easy to see what decks are for sale and hopefully find a deck you're interested in. It's also easy to communicate with each seller for things like negotiation as well. The more people who list their decks, the more opportunities there are to find the deck you're looking for.

I have a fair amount of harder to find decks I'd like to sell and I want to do that on a platform that makes it super easy. I know some of you are looking to offload some decks as well. I have a lot of future features I plan on adding to make the platform better but I want to open it up now to see what's working and what's not. I'll be uploading a lot more decks in the days to come.

Take a look around. Post some decks for sale if you want. I'm not asking you to buy anything but really just to let me know what's cool or what sucks. This is just the beginning.

Welcome to Cardbase.

www.thecardbase.com

Thank you!

Re: I built a marketplace for playing card enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 02:06:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Just an FYI to all, the Cardbase is shuttered.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/