You are Here:
Deck :: SKULKOR ::

Author (Read 59652 times)

Re: Deck :: SKULKOR ::
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2012, 09:45:58 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I don't care either about their location. I would just like them to be honest and clear about their location, stock, finish, and products.

« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2012, 02:55:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Shipping international. When I orderd 55 decks and the white porpers was 49 dollars. To the UK and after the shipping prices changed now it should be 180 people who had high charges are getting  refunds and people who payed way low like me they'll pay the rest for you they said they have there brothers backs

Sounds like they were having shipping calculation glitches like D&D and Blue Crown have in the past.  I don't see why it should be so hard to figure out what it costs to ship something automatically - this ain't the Stone Age!

@Don Boyer
I'm sorry. I didn't know that he was only commissioned for the back of the deck. I also wasn't trying to completely rage on him because I quite honestly think the backs look cool. I just didn't get why so much work was put into everything else when the deck could have been better, but now that I realize that he had no control makes a lot more sense, and I'm not as disappointed as I was before.

I know I was being a little harsh on Pound, but that is before I knew that he only designed the back, and I am sorry. I must've missed that post that said he only was commissioned the back.

Although, I take back what I said to Pound (Because he did great on the backs), I would just like to redirect it to the Skulkor company in general, because although what I said about the whole "Design" thread that pound made is irrelevant, I still feel strongly about everything else that was said before, and I feel what I said still applies for the company as a whole, and especially the head of this company.

Yeah I understand how commissioned work goes. I don't need some little lesson in it. I have three friends who are graphic designs and illustrators. I know the ropes. Nonetheless Poundffff spoke about the whole design process (some of it I agreed with and some I didn't). The fact is we don't know how much of it was his idea or not. It being his work I expected more and I honestly thought it was a pretty terrible back. I'm sure he's a fine artist and I know the rest of the deck isn't his work. In the end I was just commenting on how he talked so much about good designing and he couldn't follow through in his own work.

It may not have been totally his fault being a commissioned piece but he did choose to do it. In the end I'm going to speak my mind about it, I'll just try to not rag on Poundffff as much.

That was my point - bust on the idea to your heart's content, but it's not necessary to make it personal.  A free exchange of opinions doesn't have to get down and dirty.  You weren't totally ripping into him, yes, but...  Well, I've said enough, I'll just leave it at that.  I appreciate that you understood my point of view, and forgive me if I came off as a little too didactic or obnoxious.  We're all friends around here!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2012, 03:03:30 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Shipping international. When I orderd 55 decks and the white porpers was 49 dollars. To the UK and after the shipping prices changed now it should be 180 people who had high charges are getting  refunds and people who payed way low like me they'll pay the rest for you they said they have there brothers backs

Sounds like they were having shipping calculation glitches like D&D and Blue Crown have in the past.  I don't see why it should be so hard to figure out what it costs to ship something automatically - this ain't the Stone Age!

at least they didnt want more money like dan and dave if i hadnt of payed with gift vouchers they would of cancled my order still they gave me a discount but it was nice skulkor will pay the rest apart from the brotherhood thing they sound awesome i want to feel this stock and finish 8 weeks >< its like when i ordred the fultons and they didnt have them for a few week

« Reply #228 on: February 29, 2012, 03:26:11 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Quoted from their FB update:

To Brothers and Sisters - Skulkor Deck Updates -

Due to licensing and registration, we were unable to reveal the name for the stock or finishes for our Skulkor Deck. Now we have solved the problem! The stock we use is Aristocrat with Linen Finish. Thank you for your patience and your support!

Skulkor

« Reply #229 on: February 29, 2012, 03:58:49 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
And they confirmed that the decks are USPCC decks.

« Reply #230 on: February 29, 2012, 04:01:49 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

Due to licensing and registration, we were unable to reveal the name for the stock or finishes for our Skulkor Deck. Now we have solved the problem! The stock we use is Aristocrat with Linen Finish. Thank you for your patience and your support!

Skulkor
Thanks! But I can not 100% trust these brothers... :-\
They should have been very proud to say this unless the decks were not manufactured by USPC.

« Reply #231 on: February 29, 2012, 04:06:36 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Skulkor
Thanks! But I can not 100% trust these brothers... :-\
They should have been very proud to say this unless the decks were not manufactured by USPC.

is linen a good finish isnt magic better ?

it has from uspcc on the box

« Reply #232 on: February 29, 2012, 04:18:21 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Someone asked about that and they confirmed that their decks are manufactured by USPCC.

« Reply #233 on: February 29, 2012, 04:23:23 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
is linen a good finish isnt magic better ?

it has from uspcc on the box

Linen Finish is not bad and not all decks that used Magic Finish wrote it on the boxes.
Thanks, I found "UNITED STATES PLAYING CARDS COMPANY" on the side of the wax seal Skulkor deck.

A USPCC made deck with Aristocrat Stock and Linen Finish... now I forgive those brothers under the glory of our brotherhood.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:25:46 AM by digipunk »

« Reply #234 on: February 29, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Hmm... Linen Finish and Aristocrat stock is a new combo! (I think)
I don't think I own any Linen finish decks but I've heard good things about them. This makes me want to order them to try out Linen finish and the new combo!

« Reply #235 on: February 29, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'm not 100% on the stock, but the Aristocrat decks are Linen finish and I think Aristocrat stock. They handle well and feel slightly "thinner" to me. Perhaps just slightly less slippery than Magic finish.

I still don't get the big deal why they couldn't just say what they were. I'm not aware of any legal USPCC reasons about "licensing and registration." I've been talking about stocks on Tendril for months, and certainly haven't heard a peep about it. Odd.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #236 on: February 29, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I still don't get the big deal why they couldn't just say what they were. I'm not aware of any legal USPCC reasons about "licensing and registration." I've been talking about stocks on Tendril for months, and certainly haven't heard a peep about it. Odd.
They probably just forgot to tell us... or they didn't want to tell us but now they decided to tell us.

« Reply #237 on: February 29, 2012, 02:56:51 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I'm not 100% on the stock, but the Aristocrat decks are Linen finish and I think Aristocrat stock. They handle well and feel slightly "thinner" to me. Perhaps just slightly less slippery than Magic finish.

I don't need very slippery decks, but I do want the Aristocrat stock. Besides, I like thin decks much more and please don't tell me Tendril is a thick deck. The Aristocrat 727 reprints are not thin if compared to the original.

But I agree with you that they have too many excuses. I don't believe what they said about "licensing and registration" either. That sounds like bullshit to me. However, since the deck is made by USPC with Aristocrat stock, I guess I will be very satisfied with it.

« Reply #238 on: February 29, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I think they read this post and see that people are doubting them.
So they have to tell us about the decks.

« Reply #239 on: February 29, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Hmm I don't think thats the case but its certainly possible.

« Reply #240 on: February 29, 2012, 11:02:02 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I do think Phantom is right. They also confirmed their shipping location after we posted about it in the forums.

« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2012, 01:16:07 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer

Wasn't there a member here who told us about him working on the Skulkor even before the release of the products, launching of their website or even their facebook page? I'm pretty sure he posted on Discourse.

« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Wasn't there a member here who told us about him working on the Skulkor even before the release of the products, launching of their website or even their facebook page? I'm pretty sure he posted on Discourse.
His username was PoundFFFFF (I don't know how many f's there were)
He posted here at the beginning of this thread but I haven't seen a post from him in a while.

« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

His username was PoundFFFFF (I don't know how many f's there were)
He posted here at the beginning of this thread but I haven't seen a post from him in a while.
Yeah, he left when the conversation started getting heated :(

« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2012, 07:50:09 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Here's an interesting conversation on a Skulkor post on Facebook.
It makes no sense to me why they are holding off the shipping.

« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Here's an interesting conversation on a Skulkor post on Facebook.
It makes no sense to me why they are holding off the shipping.

It makes much sense to me, everyone knows I love these brothers and knows they probably not in US and knows they say they will use USPS to ship items...

As I mentioned earlier, if they are in US, then it's very funny that the shipping fees for us are almost the same. The world is united under God.

If they are not in US, they might need to ship the decks to US first and then use USPS to ship them to buyers in US. Holding decks for several weeks makes much sense to me. Don't get me wrong, everyone knows I love these brothers now. ???

« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2012, 08:41:42 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
International or not, an 8 WEEK hold on a product that is supposedly printed and ready is ridiculous. In theory, if I called up USPCC today, wired them the money and told them to print my deck asap, it's possible that I could have it in hand and start shipping it out to people before the Skulkor folk get their stuff out. It just makes no sense why they are doing that. Unless it's one guy putting together perhaps 3 packages a day and wants to get them all done before heading to the post office. I've got nearly 900 packages to put together for Tendril and can't imagine it would take 8 weeks to get things packaged up.

That one, like so many things with this company, just perplex me.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2012, 11:33:21 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
First look at what the Skulkor Package Brick looks like! I wouldn't buy a brick because I'm not a fan of the deck but its still really cool looking.

« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2012, 11:35:42 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
whoa...good thing i got 4 bricks for free. that box is sweet. if it comes with that box then the price of 84 per brick is pretty hard to beat for a custom deck.

yea i know they didnt customize the pips or face cards. but they removed the bicycle branding which to my knowledge makes the cost of the decks higher. i wonder how they're making money off the cards if it's being shipped in that box. cuz they already gave away over 5000 dollars worth of credit in their contests.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:37:36 PM by danktrees »

« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2012, 11:58:09 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
It actually makes the decks cheaper to not have the Bicycle/Bee/Tall-Ho branding on it.

On a 2,500-5,000 print run... if you don't have the Bicycle Branding on it... you save over 50 cents per deck!

That's a $1250-2500 savings

CBJ
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:58:33 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards