You are Here:
Deck :: SKULKOR ::

Author (Read 59726 times)

Re: Deck :: SKULKOR ::
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
A flat rate Priority Mail envelope costs less than what they're charging me to ship three decks and it arrives in two to three days.  They're stating up to eight weeks for delivery - that's ocean shipping time, not air freight time.  I could drive from one corner of the contiguous 48 states to the opposite corner in less than eight weeks.  Hell, I could drive one lap around those states at the national border/ocean shore in less time!

The only possible currency conversions in North America would be Mexican pesos, Canadian dollars or the currencies of a handful of Caribbean and Central American countries.  I can't imagine where in North America it would be, excluding the US.  Canada, maybe, but I just don't think so - it's that whole broken English thing.  Canadians don't speak exactly the same English as Americans, but it's close enough!

Tell me, Aaron - where do you think they would be if they're in North America?

and that would apply if that were the case here but since it isnt i dont know what it has to do with anything. they're not saying that they're shipping it out as soon as u order and it'll arrive within 8 weeks, they're saying they'll start shipping them out in 8 weeks.

so when you look at the shipping and it costs 27 within north america and 43 or whatever it is internationally, that's a big indication that they're based in north america or at least the decks will be shipped from north america. how much a priority envelope costs is irrelevant as they've already stated that it's just a fixed price and not an actual estimate based on what you've order. so that being said, if the shipping costs less to get any of their products shipped within north america than it does internationally, it stands to reason that they're based in north america. one other possibility is that they're based overseas but will have a distributor ship the products from somewhere within north america.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:54:55 PM by danktrees »

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
It's a silly ad campaign, yes.  I bought three decks.  I like the style, despite their lack of full customization, and if the stock is as described, it sounds like it would be pretty smooth-handling.

You think that someone who wrote a huge thread about customization, and the art of design would fully customize this deck. It's especially dissapointing due to the fact that he put so much time into everything out (rings, bracelets, clips, etc.). I just feel if were to put that much effort to detail in everything else, half o which doesn't matter, I would at least customize the deck entirely.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
It's a silly ad campaign, yes.  I bought three decks.  I like the style, despite their lack of full customization, and if the stock is as described, it sounds like it would be pretty smooth-handling.

You think that someone who wrote a huge thread about customization, and the art of design would fully customize this deck. It's especially dissapointing due to the fact that he put so much time into everything out (rings, bracelets, clips, etc.). I just feel if were to put that much effort to detail in everything else, half o which doesn't matter, I would at least customize the deck entirely.

I didn't want to be the first to say it, but Loldude hit the nail on the head! Honestly if you're going to talk the talk you should walk the walk. This deck is a huge disappointment from a looks point of view!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2012, 09:50:40 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

I didn't want to be the first to say it, but Loldude hit the nail on the head! Honestly if you're going to talk the talk you should walk the walk. This deck is a huge disappointment from a looks point of view!

Thanks. I love the backs, and especially the jokers. I love how he has created a community (even though I feel like a cult is forming). When decks use bike faces, such as Mana, it doesn't bother me, but when you go this far to make your product perfect, why settle for good, when you could go for great?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Thanks. I love the backs, and especially the jokers. I love how he has created a community (even though I feel like a cult is forming). When decks use bike faces, such as Mana, it doesn't bother me, but when you go this far to make your product perfect, why settle for good, when you could go for great?

1. Total cult vibe haha
2. The jokers do looks pretty nice
3. The backs have almost nothing that sets them apart from most other decks.
4. Standard faces

After you make a long post about how bad other decks are you are really putting a lot of expectations on your own. In this case I considered it a big letdown.

« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2012, 10:01:33 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

1. Total cult vibe haha
2. The jokers do looks pretty nice
3. The backs have almost nothing that sets them apart from most other decks.
4. Standard faces

After you make a long post about how bad other decks are you are really putting a lot of expectations on your own. In this case I considered it a big letdown.

at least the front of the box looks awesome haha i really like the box i wish it was the other way and i loved the cards more and hopefully the handeling and stock will be awesome too if it is like the white lions or more slick and spring ie as they say

« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
at least the front of the box looks awesome haha i really like the box i wish it was the other way and i loved the cards more and hopefully the handeling and stock will be awesome too if it is like the white lions or more slick and spring ie as they say

The boxes are not good enough. Look at those T11 boxes (Monarchs, Chrity:Water, ...), they don't have white cut edges. I noticed the white edges of the Skulkor boxes when first time I saw the pics, not good enough... :'(

« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

The boxes are not good enough. Look at those T11 boxes (Monarchs, Chrity:Water, ...), they don't have white cut edges. I noticed the white edges of the Skulkor boxes when first time I saw the pics, not good enough... :'(

i dont see any white edges http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=106340129493561&set=a.106329986161242.4719.100003527229985&type=3&theater

« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2012, 10:27:58 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Boxes are great, but boxes are like people. It's on the inside that counts. Remember the Monarchs? Great boxes, ok decks, which doesn't cut it! Don't run 3/4ths of a marathon. Push through it, and finish what you started.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2012, 10:31:32 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Boxes are great, but boxes are like people. It's on the inside that counts. Remember the Monarchs? Great boxes, ok decks, which doesn't cut it! Don't run 3/4ths of a marathon. Push through it, and finish what you started.

haha i agree but at least in my opinion there good and not both terrible outside and inside the backs are starting to grow on me they look cool on the trailer

« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

haha i agree but at least in my opinion there good and not both terrible outside and inside the backs are starting to grow on me they look cool on the trailer

If I get some, I will keep them sealed purely for the box, same reason why I got Monarchs.
I do very much like the backs. I know it seems like I'm completely bashing this deck, but I'm not trying to all out hate it. I'm trying to let PoundFFFFF (Or however many F's) what I think he should change if he ever were too create another deck.

P.S. Thats the point of the trailer, to make the product look good, even if it isn't necessarily great :)
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2012, 02:23:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

If I get some, I will keep them sealed purely for the box, same reason why I got Monarchs.
I do very much like the backs. I know it seems like I'm completely bashing this deck, but I'm not trying to all out hate it. I'm trying to let PoundFFFFF (Or however many F's) what I think he should change if he ever were too create another deck.

P.S. Thats the point of the trailer, to make the product look good, even if it isn't necessarily great :)

@brown_baggs, @loldudex2: You two do realize that PoundFFFFFF only designed the back of the deck as a commissioned work and had nothing to do with the rest of the deck or Skulkor, right?  That you're ripping into him for making such a blah deck when it's not even his deck?  That a commissioned work doesn't usually allow you free reign to create what you wish, but instead forces you to create what the customer wants and has contracted your services for?

The man has opinions on the topic of design.  Agree or don't, but get over it already.  Stop ragging on him for things that he had absolutely no control over.  I expect better from you guys, really - I like the both of you but this whole mess is misdirected.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2012, 03:34:46 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm not completely ragging on him. I ragged on him a little and on the deck a lot. I still stand by what I say for the back. I didn't totally rip into him. Just as much as you or anybody else has on people on here. Thanks for letting us know that he only did the back. I guess he isn't to blame for the other parts of the deck. Nonetheless, I'm just stating my opinion.

« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2012, 05:07:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm not completely ragging on him. I ragged on him a little and on the deck a lot. I still stand by what I say for the back. I didn't totally rip into him. Just as much as you or anybody else has on people on here. Thanks for letting us know that he only did the back. I guess he isn't to blame for the other parts of the deck. Nonetheless, I'm just stating my opinion.

Rag on the deck to your heart's content, but you were also dragging in his long posts about his thoughts on deck design, which some found a bit polarizing.  I try not to make it too personal these days; I'll go after someone's ideas and opinions rather than the person when I can.  I rag on Merz67's deck design constantly like it's my personal whipping boy, but I've only had good experiences with Merz67 as a retailer, so I pass on praise about that - his shop's surprisingly well stocked, with some items that can be hard to find (aside from his own designs).  I regret not snapping up his mini Tally Ho decks when I had the chance.

But you get my point.  He has little to do with the deck, and that little he does have to do with it was the result of being commissioned to do someone else's bidding.  I have a buddy who works in graphic design and he tells me some of the things his clients request are absolutely horrific - he does his level-headed best to talk them out of it, but if that fails, he gives them what they want which often results in them thinking it looks like crap, but it's like ordering a cake from a bakery and telling the baker precisely how you want it baked despite having no baking experience whatsoever.

« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2012, 05:13:22 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
A collector called Jeremy did some researches and found they are based in HK. He wanted to post the following pic but the account hasn't get approved yet.

Thank you, Jeremy.

« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2012, 05:26:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
A collector called Jeremy did some researches and found they are based in HK. He wanted to post the following pic but the account hasn't get approved yet.

Thank you, Jeremy.

YES, thank you, Jeremy!  I knew they weren't U.S.-domestic, and I strongly thought I saw Hong Kong somewhere when I ordered...  Now we know what the deal with the shipping is.  I still remember the huge shipping I paid on the Bike Clot decks I bought from Clot Designs, Ltd.

« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2012, 05:32:10 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Shipping international. When I orderd 55 decks and the white porpers was 49 dollars. To the UK and after the shipping prices changed now it should be 180 people who had high charges are getting  refunds and people who payed way low like me they'll pay the rest for you they said they have there brothers backs

« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2012, 06:06:48 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
@Don Boyer
I'm sorry. I didn't know that he was only commissioned for the back of the deck. I also wasn't trying to completely rage on him because I quite honestly think the backs look cool. I just didn't get why so much work was put into everything else when the deck could have been better, but now that I realize that he had no control makes a lot more sense, and I'm not as disappointed as I was before.

I know I was being a little harsh on Pound, but that is before I knew that he only designed the back, and I am sorry. I must've missed that post that said he only was commissioned the back.

Although, I take back what I said to Pound (Because he did great on the backs), I would just like to redirect it to the Skulkor company in general, because although what I said about the whole "Design" thread that pound made is irrelevant, I still feel strongly about everything else that was said before, and I feel what I said still applies for the company as a whole, and especially the head of this company.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:54:05 PM by loldudex2 »
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

Thank you, Jeremy.

YES, thank you, Jeremy!  I knew they weren't U.S.-domestic, and I strongly thought I saw Hong Kong somewhere when I ordered...  Now we know what the deal with the shipping is.  I still remember the huge shipping I paid on the Bike Clot decks I bought from Clot Designs, Ltd.

Do you remember that sxjy0109 tried his HK address and found the shipping fee to HK was more expensive than to Canada. What do they plan to hide?  ??? ???

« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Rag on the deck to your heart's content, but you were also dragging in his long posts about his thoughts on deck design, which some found a bit polarizing.  I try not to make it too personal these days; I'll go after someone's ideas and opinions rather than the person when I can.  I rag on Merz67's deck design constantly like it's my personal whipping boy, but I've only had good experiences with Merz67 as a retailer, so I pass on praise about that - his shop's surprisingly well stocked, with some items that can be hard to find (aside from his own designs).  I regret not snapping up his mini Tally Ho decks when I had the chance.

But you get my point.  He has little to do with the deck, and that little he does have to do with it was the result of being commissioned to do someone else's bidding.  I have a buddy who works in graphic design and he tells me some of the things his clients request are absolutely horrific - he does his level-headed best to talk them out of it, but if that fails, he gives them what they want which often results in them thinking it looks like crap, but it's like ordering a cake from a bakery and telling the baker precisely how you want it baked despite having no baking experience whatsoever.

Yeah I understand how commissioned work goes. I don't need some little lesson in it. I have three friends who are graphic designs and illustrators. I know the ropes. Nonetheless Poundffff spoke about the whole design process (some of it I agreed with and some I didn't). The fact is we don't know how much of it was his idea or not. It being his work I expected more and I honestly thought it was a pretty terrible back. I'm sure he's a fine artist and I know the rest of the deck isn't his work. In the end I was just commenting on how he talked so much about good designing and he couldn't follow through in his own work.

It may not have been totally his fault being a commissioned piece but he did choose to do it. In the end I'm going to speak my mind about it, I'll just try to not rag on Poundffff as much.

« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
so they're based in hong kong, i guess that's why they keep mentioning how they have to talk to their shipping company. i think they're having a fulfillment company ship it out in north america kinda like what circle city is doing with the americana decks.

« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Do you remember that sxjy0109 tried his HK address and found the shipping fee to HK was more expensive than to Canada. What do they plan to hide?  ??? ???

I guess it makes more sense to them if they kept the stock where there were printed and ship from there. Otherwise they'll have to put more money into shipping from US to HK, then the packaging for hundreds of orders (yes. probably not thousands). I wouldn't really say they were necessarily HIDING something, it's just they never really talked about their origin with the whole brotherhood thing going on.

« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
i asked them who they were sending it with

• Zagan Zaz Hall thank you skulkor how will it be sent usps or somone else ? and where from ?about an hour ago ยท Like
  • SkulkorZagan Zaz Hall Currently our carrier ships our order through USPS,  but we'll always try to negotiate and find the best offer for our supporters.

« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
So they must be shipping from the US

« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2012, 09:16:13 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I guess it makes more sense to them if they kept the stock where there were printed and ship from there. Otherwise they'll have to put more money into shipping from US to HK, then the packaging for hundreds of orders (yes. probably not thousands). I wouldn't really say they were necessarily HIDING something, it's just they never really talked about their origin with the whole brotherhood thing going on.
If and only if the decks are made by USPC. ???

SkulkorZagan Zaz Hall Currently our carrier ships our order through USPS,  but we'll always try to negotiate and find the best offer for our supporters.
They may still say "finally we found a carrier that is better than USPS, so we don't use it..."

@sxjy0109 and @zaganh, actually I don't care about where the company is (or where it was registered). This is a matter of attitude. If they are in HK, please behave like Zenneth. Now I paid more than $100, and I still don't know where the company is (though not really important to me) and the name of the stock and finish.

I don't really care about where they are. Why? Because of the spirit of the brotherhood, it's one world now. The shipping fee of 3 decks are $13+ for all of us. (3 decks to Don is $13.94, and 3 decks for me is $13.49, USPS?)