Deck :: SKULKOR ::

Author (Read 59740 times)

Re: Deck :: SKULKOR ::
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Making people think they are based in the US (well he never said that, but we all assumed it)...

If they are not in US, they had to say this when one of their brothers came to this forum. Up to now, I still don't know the stock and finish of the decks. Similiar to White Lion is the answer... damn, somehow I want to cancel the order... :'(

I wouldn't cancel if I were you, but saying "Similar to White Lions" is no awnser. I'd rather him say "It's our own secret blend" or something like that
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2012, 11:16:22 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'm actually still going to skip out on these. I feel no need to get them or any of their products. Plus, I'm saving for Seasons decks

« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I'm really feeling unsure about this. First the 500$ deck packages, then the crash, then all these packages etc... Everything makes me feel unsure about my order... at least I'm paying with paypal!

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2012, 11:32:24 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I doubt these will have very good resale price. This company seems very odd.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2012, 11:57:21 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I ended up buying 1 deck with shipping because:
1) I didn't want to take too many risks
2) I don't find their products too appealing to me.

« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2012, 01:43:02 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran
I enjoyed the trailers but a good flourishing video would have sufficed, I'm not too keen on the whole brotherhood thing, it's an interesting idea but not something that I would feel much apart of anyway as they put a heavy empahsis on magicians and Im not one. Maybe I'll get a deck sometime down the line but not from the site.

I am interested to know though so can someone explain what the difference is between the red wax seal deck and the regular deck?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:05:46 PM by VortexHead »
UC

« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I enjoyed the trailers but a good flourishing video would have sufficed, I'm not too keen on the whole brotherhood thing, it's an interesting idea but not something that I would feel much apart of anyway as they put a heavy empahsis on magicians and Im not one. Maybe I'll get a deck sometime down the line but not from the site.

I am interested to know though so can someone explain what the difference is between the red wax seal deck and the regular deck?

The red wax seal is a normal deck I believe with a small bit of wax dripped into the box, with a stamp (or ring) pressed into it to make the skulk or logo. It is purely for looks.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I enjoyed the trailers but a good flourishing video would have sufficed, I'm not too keen on the whole brotherhood thing, it's an interesting idea but not something that I would feel much apart of anyway as they put a heavy empahsis on magicians and Im not one. Maybe I'll get a deck sometime donw the line but not from the site.

The first trailer was cool and surprising, the 2nd trailer was still not bad, the 3rd trailer was boring to me. I appreciate the lighting, camera movement, filming skill, special effects, etc, but I don't really like the story (somewhat meaningless), not to mention the clumsy fighting motion design (so sxjy0109 and Don, they are impossible in Hong Kong...).

I don't expect there will be any difference between the wax sealed deck and the regular ones :'( :'(

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:15:00 PM by digipunk »

« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

I think the red wax is put on the seal, and a stamp with their logo is stamped onto it while the wax is drying. It adds a bit of style and "antique" feel to the deck, but it's mostly an excuse for them to make more money.

EDIT: loldudex2 beat me to it :P

« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »

VortexHead

• Discourse Veteran

The red wax seal is a normal deck I believe with a small bit of wax dripped into the box, with a stamp (or ring) pressed into it to make the skulk or logo. It is purely for looks.

Okay cheers, it would have been nice for them to change the back design aswell but it's a nice addition to the collection, maybe I'll look for them on the market after a few weeks but I imagine they'll be very expensive at that point.

Cheers NathanCanadas for you input ;)

UC

« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2012, 03:02:13 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
i think the wax sealed decks are the same as well but then i notice that for the luxury package, it can include 1 red wax sealed classic uncut sheet. they make it a point to state that it's a red wax sealed uncut which would lead me to think that the red wax decks are different. because if it's just a seal on the tuck box, the uncuts would be the same.

another thing is, they called it a classic uncut sheet...i assume it's just the regular deck but if u read the item description for the regular decks it says every brick includes a wax sealed classic deck as well which is the red wax sealed deck. so there has to be more than just a red seal on the box. maybe the jokers or the aos are different. but either way it has to be different otherwise they would not refer to it as a red wax sealed classic uncut sheet if the only thing that was different is the box.

also i think they're definitely in north america. when the site first came out the flat rate shipping within north america was 27 and international was 43 or something like that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:05:35 PM by danktrees »

« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2012, 03:02:28 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Okay cheers, it would have been nice for them to change the back design aswell but it's a nice addition to the collection, maybe I'll look for them on the market after a few weeks but I imagine they'll be very expensive at that point.

Cheers NathanCanadas for you input ;)
I personally don't think that these cards are good enough to cost much more on the market in a few weeks than they do right now.

« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2012, 04:14:19 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Just read over the issues and all the fishy stuff going on with Skulkor. It's making me glad that I opted out of getting any of their products. I'm still interested in seeing how the shipping, customer service, and cards are in the end though. Those who ordered some keep us updated.
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
Does anyone know what's the big difference between the Frater and the Omega ring? It's like a $100 difference yet they look pretty much the same..

« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2012, 06:19:06 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Does anyone know what's the big difference between the Frater and the Omega ring? It's like a $100 difference yet they look pretty much the same..

I've looked on the website and I can't find any information at all about them. Somehow though the three rings are all different.

I just asked this on their FB.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member

I've looked on the website and I can't find any information at all about them. Somehow though the three rings are all different.

I just asked this on their FB.

I think the only differences are the reflectivity of the stone on the ring, I believe everything else is the same. I figured out the descriptions for each are slightly different in the last paragraph and the only thing that they mention as different was how the light reflecting off the stone will make the ring change color or whatever.

« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
i think the wax sealed decks are the same as well but then i notice that for the luxury package, it can include 1 red wax sealed classic uncut sheet. they make it a point to state that it's a red wax sealed uncut which would lead me to think that the red wax decks are different. because if it's just a seal on the tuck box, the uncuts would be the same.

another thing is, they called it a classic uncut sheet...i assume it's just the regular deck but if u read the item description for the regular decks it says every brick includes a wax sealed classic deck as well which is the red wax sealed deck. so there has to be more than just a red seal on the box. maybe the jokers or the aos are different. but either way it has to be different otherwise they would not refer to it as a red wax sealed classic uncut sheet if the only thing that was different is the box.

also i think they're definitely in north america. when the site first came out the flat rate shipping within north america was 27 and international was 43 or something like that.

I think thread wax seal uncut just means red wak will be dripped onto it with the stamp/ ring pushed into it.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2012, 12:37:51 AM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
Making people think they are based in the US (well he never said that, but we all assumed it)...

If they are not in US, they had to say this when one of their brothers came to this forum. Up to now, I still don't know the stock and finish of the decks. Similiar to White Lion is the answer... damn, somehow I want to cancel the order... :'(

I wouldn't cancel if I were you, but saying "Similar to White Lions" is no awnser. I'd rather him say "It's our own secret blend" or something like that

Do you know what I worry about most? They don't even say which stock and finish were used, I worry that they might not be made by USPC. I don't know, I just don't feel good.

« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2012, 12:42:06 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

Do you know what I worry about most? They don't even say which stock and finish were used, I worry that they might not be made by USPC. I don't know, I just don't feel good.

they said there more springy and slicker better than the white lions would be awesome if they are and they may be seems like they have the money to afford it from somewhere laughs where did they get this money hope the brothers dont get aressted haha joke

« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2012, 12:59:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
@phantom/Lalita: there was no currency conversion on the PayPal page - but there wasn't one when I ordered from Zenneth Kok in Hong Kong, either.  But for both transactions, the emailed receipt stated the rules covering currency conversion.  I'm assuming that this means there was a currency conversion that took place.  None of my other PayPal receipts for domestic purchases have this notice in them.

@digipunk, @loldudex2: comparing the stock to White Lions seems like a good description to me, really - certainly better than someone telling me it's their secret blend!  Secret blend of what - goat milk, mud and straw?  And it is to the best of my knowledge a USPC deck - one of the tuck box images stated as much on the side.

Gang, they're not in the US, and I doubt they're in North America.  The messages they've posted that I've seen thus far seemed like they were written by someone for whom English is not their native language.  I doubt that they're either Mexican or Quebecois...  If forced to guess, I'd say somewhere in Asia.  We all assumed they were in the US based on the polished website they produced - but that could easily have been done simply by hiring an American company to handle the design and the video productions.

Beyond that, though, I see no reason to believe that they're untrustworthy as of yet.  Ambitious, perhaps.  Biting off a little more than they could chew, maybe.  But outright untrustworthy?  If that was the case, it would be simpler to rip people off by accepting credit and debit card charges directly instead of using PayPal as a middleman, right?

Regarding the long shipping time, well...  They may be trying to save themselves the costs of international shipping without passing on the savings to the customers.  Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.  Who remembers that auction for seven Moth/Myth decks from Western Australia which had a shipping charge of over US$60?

I got a small number of decks just to check them out.  Not buying into the hype of wax seals and gemstone rings.  They're trying to be a Dan and Dave without having the same level of credibility, even at its more recent low.

There's also supposed to be something about how the rings have a hidden image inside the gemstone - I read that somewhere on their site, can't remember where exactly.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2012, 01:25:10 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I think they are probably based is North America somewhere because the shipping is cheaper in North America.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2012, 05:47:31 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I think they are probably based is North America somewhere because the shipping is cheaper in North America.

A flat rate Priority Mail envelope costs less than what they're charging me to ship three decks and it arrives in two to three days.  They're stating up to eight weeks for delivery - that's ocean shipping time, not air freight time.  I could drive from one corner of the contiguous 48 states to the opposite corner in less than eight weeks.  Hell, I could drive one lap around those states at the national border/ocean shore in less time!

The only possible currency conversions in North America would be Mexican pesos, Canadian dollars or the currencies of a handful of Caribbean and Central American countries.  I can't imagine where in North America it would be, excluding the US.  Canada, maybe, but I just don't think so - it's that whole broken English thing.  Canadians don't speak exactly the same English as Americans, but it's close enough!

Tell me, Aaron - where do you think they would be if they're in North America?

« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2012, 11:39:46 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
So, who bought the skulkor deck or something else that they have for sale?

I havent bought any yet and I'm in no hurry to do so. I don't like the design much and they havent told us what the stock and finish is so its probably nothing special.

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
So, who bought the skulkor deck or something else that they have for sale?

I havent bought any yet and I'm in no hurry to do so. I don't like the design much and they havent told us what the stock and finish is so its probably nothing special.
I`m not going to get any of these. With all the new decks coming out I would rather get those than a mediocre deck from a start-up company if a new company is going to suceed you have to make something spectacular (Tendril, Vortex, Russels decks, ect.) You cant have just a decent deck and do very well. Also this weird brotherhood thing drives me crazy.

« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
It's a silly ad campaign, yes.  I bought three decks.  I like the style, despite their lack of full customization, and if the stock is as described, it sounds like it would be pretty smooth-handling.