NEW DECK- Baroque Deck from Criss Angel
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:06:10 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Criss Angel has made another deck. His first one handled like crap. I never owned one but I've used it. I hope this one handles a lot better! I really like the design. I'm debating whether I should get a couple or not...
http://magicplace.com/product/baroque

Re: NEW DECK- Baroque Deck from Criss Angel
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:00:31 AM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
Is there any close up pics of the faces? Seems like its standard bike faces from the video.. if that's the case, i'm not getting this, especially since how that first deck turned out... And they said the first deck sold over 2 million?  ??? Would rather save it and get decks from other magician out there such as DB's series B..

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 02:14:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I went to order two from that web site.  Two decks, $12.  Cheapest shipping, $9!  Sorry, but I know what Priority Mail costs - that's a ripoff.  Yes, you have to factor in who got paid to process and package the order, but not nearly double what it costs to ship.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:34:18 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Why would 2 million people buy a deck that sucks?....
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:45:50 AM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Price of 2 decks : $11.90
Cheapest shipping to New Zealand : $27.03

:mindf-ck: Thanks but no thanks.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 06:21:35 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
So... the manufacturer has a bad reputation, the design is certainly nothing special and they're really expensive (with shipping)?

hahahahahahahahaha

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 08:43:40 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
Fulton clip joint look-a-like backs with normal ace and faces? Not even a custom ace?

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:48:34 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Well OBVIOUSLY they ship to you via private Lear jet. Duh.

I really don't get where some of the people get their shipping costs from. 2 decks weigh 8 oz, and via USPS that's well under $10. Include a few bucks for handling, fine, but $27 is just silly.

And while I like the hand drawn thing they apparently did on the back, the rest is decidedly bleh. More gray and black please with standard faces! It's what we all want!  ::)

(and you are telling me that his first deck has been reprinted 40 TIMES, at 50,000 decks a run? Where exactly would all of these decks be, considering that I've never seen one and didn't even know/care that he had a deck out there?)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:52:52 AM by Encarded »
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 11:47:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Well OBVIOUSLY they ship to you via private Lear jet. Duh.

I really don't get where some of the people get their shipping costs from. 2 decks weigh 8 oz, and via USPS that's well under $10. Include a few bucks for handling, fine, but $27 is just silly.

And while I like the hand drawn thing they apparently did on the back, the rest is decidedly bleh. More gray and black please with standard faces! It's what we all want!  ::)

(and you are telling me that his first deck has been reprinted 40 TIMES, at 50,000 decks a run? Where exactly would all of these decks be, considering that I've never seen one and didn't even know/care that he had a deck out there?)

Perhaps Criss gave them out free to "Believe" audiences - whether they wanted them or not!

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 11:53:20 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
I'm really sorry to say but the first Criss angel deck really realy sucked as everyone may already have known. Handled like crap. Sticky. And ugh...
I don't believe that it sold 4million. Maybe in his dreams. the design was not even that nice. I don't mean any offense to any of the criss angel fans but I will never buy any of his decks. I'm not impressed by him as a street magician. Stage magician.. maybe a little but other than that i plainly don't like him.

MINDFREAKKK

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I can see that some work went into the back design, but it doesn't look like the faces are custom, nor the AoS! And we haven't even seen the jokers, are they also custom?
As for the price, for domestic buyers, a 6$ deck + such a high shipping costs more than backing a deck on kickstarter!  >:( I tryed searching online for a discount code for the shop... in vain.
As for 2 million Mindfreak decks sold, I never doubted a lot were sold. Many kids interested by magic in one point in their life probably got their hands on a deck and trick set.
They were made in China though so I'm pretty sure the Baroque deck will handle much better.

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 02:26:55 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
after what that ass did at IMX I would not support any deck he made, he could offer me free jerrys and because its him I would not take.

In case your wondering what he did he gave all the youth in the magic championship tickets to his show but took them back since the guy in charge of IMX would not publicly say that he has the best show in vegas.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 06:54:03 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
after what that ass did at IMX I would not support any deck he made, he could offer me free jerrys and because its him I would not take.

In case your wondering what he did he gave all the youth in the magic championship tickets to his show but took them back since the guy in charge of IMX would not publicly say that he has the best show in vegas.

Wow that brings douche- baggery to a hole new level.

I can believe he sold alot of his first decks as they where included in his Mindfreak magic starter kit and he did sell a lot of those. I picked up one deck at a local magic shop, just out of curiousity and it was horrible. The deck I picked up was a svengali deck, not sure if he made any other type. With this new deck, the back design looks not bad, but if everything else is standard then I'll take a big PASS on them.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Yea if people but it they do but I just stand him, I was like a foot away and almost said something to his face.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
That's is just ridiculous. Never liked the guy, never will. Plus his show is crappy IMO.

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »

magicmax

• Newcomer
i got  one can't wait for it

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 12:18:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I can see that some work went into the back design, but it doesn't look like the faces are custom, nor the AoS! And we haven't even seen the jokers, are they also custom?
As for the price, for domestic buyers, a 6$ deck + such a high shipping costs more than backing a deck on kickstarter!  >:( I tryed searching online for a discount code for the shop... in vain.
As for 2 million Mindfreak decks sold, I never doubted a lot were sold. Many kids interested by magic in one point in their life probably got their hands on a deck and trick set.
They were made in China though so I'm pretty sure the Baroque deck will handle much better.

First, the huge, vast majority of the decks sold were either inside one of his kits (platinum set had 2, ultimate set had 3) or packaged as magic cards.  The only legit decks were one of the decks included with the kits.   For them, "sold" may simply refer to selling their supply to the retailers who try to sell them to us.  I guarantee there's a lot of unsold decks cluttering store shelves in toy stores and department stores all over the place.  And they don't mention if any of those two million were ever RETURNED...

Second, Lee Asher handed me a deck made in China by Yaoji that handles on par with much of what comes out of Erlanger - so you shouldn't knock a deck just because it's Chinese-made.  There's a lot of cheap, crappy decks that they export, but the ones they keep in-country are top-notch.  USPC likes to claim they're the largest playing card company in the world - meanwhile Yaoji produced over six times as many decks last year!  Card playing is pretty popular there, and practically every household has one or two decks at least.

Now THAT is utterly without a shred of class or manners.  Anyone needing his ego stroked that hard needs a reality check even more.

Yea if people but it they do but I just stand him, I was like a foot away and almost said something to his face.

Whoa...  slow down...  that sentence barely even qualifies as "English".  Second half, clear as day; first half, not so much.  Try again?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:20:49 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
sorry i have no idea what happen in that 1st half or what i meant :(

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 02:12:47 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
A little bit of a closer look

CBJ
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:21:00 AM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 09:58:36 AM »

jriffel

• True Member
The only Criss Angel decks that I have were purchased at one of those dollar discount stores.  For that price, they were OK decks.  I put them in my collection and don't use them much.  I don't regret the purchase.
I bought a brick of the Yao Ji (Chinese) decks from Lee a couple weeks ago.  I have one deck nicely broken-in and they turn out to be very good cards!  For the price that Lee "arranged" to buy them (and ship them back to the US) they are excellent to practice with.  I will use these for years.  Better handleing and quality than most of what the USPCC puts out on the market.  They are not 605's but they are a good deck of cards.
USPCC might claim to be the largest card maker in the world, but that doesn't make it true.  Even with USPCC purchases of manufacturers, they haven't been the largest for a few years, either in profit or the amount of decks produced. 

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 08:29:35 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Another pic

Need to find one of the front of the box

CBJ
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:31:23 PM by CBJ »
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Now that I can actually see what the backed design looks like, I don't really like it and I won't be picking these up.

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »

Knobz1

• Discourse Royalty
I will pass on these as well.  Nothing calls out to me with this deck.
- Adam

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 08:54:37 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Looks like the tuck box is the same on both sides

CBJ

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 09:38:23 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I appreciate the time and effort to create the art, but that just does nothing for me. People must think that card collectors, magicians and cardists are all depressed Emo people, what with all the black and skulls you see. Sorry Criss, already been done a hundred times.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out