You are Here:
Hidden images and URL not formatting correctly

Author (Read 1814 times)

Hidden images and URL not formatting correctly
« on: January 21, 2012, 06:47:46 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

What's up with the images that are behind the main board?  I can only see them while the page is loading but I'm assuming they're there all the time?

Also, I dunno about anybody else but when I post long URLs, the formatting screws up.

https://www.google.com/search?gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=long+url#q=long+url&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&ei=lKUaT9WOKMvFswbi3q1H&start=80&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=2303290c933ce3a0&biw=1240&bih=663

Just a bit of beta testing I'm doing, there.

Re: Hidden images and URL not formatting correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 06:55:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Looks like you may be using v2 Discourse - I couldn't say for sure, since I am not a beta tester...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:58:12 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Oh I am.  It's just a few odd things I noticed with it.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 05:42:08 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

I can see more of him today.  How odd.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 02:10:22 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I can see more of him today.  How odd.

Bears a striking resemblance to a Vortex card...that's been vandalized!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I talked to Alex about that a couple days ago and here is what he said,  "About a week ago we had court cards displayed at the top, but I decided to remove them to make things look more streamlined. That's the leftovers, and they'll be gone by release."

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
but the jack looks like Dr. Strange from Batman!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I did notice that too. I just thought that it was a teaser for another deck, but with closer inspection, I highly doubt it by now.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 05:44:48 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
That URL think is a massive irritation at the minute, actually.  There's no horizontal scroll bar but it forces a lot of content off beyond the boundaries of the screen.  I don't know how to go about fixing it, though.  Thinking about it, it seems really tricky. 

I wonder is it any text with no spaces or just URLS? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://www.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.com

Nope, it's any text and it totally breaks the site.  Dunno what to do about it. 

Good luck, Peuan!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:46:51 AM by Kanped »

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 06:49:11 PM »

Peuan

• Discourse Veteran
  • The more you know, the more you know

• YouTube:
After spending a good hour and a half on this, I've only managed to somewhat fix it haha. I guess as no one in their right mind would type "aaaaaaaaaaa......." anyways, but I'll keep trying to fix this. I'll also shorten URLS, so that will be fixed.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 06:49:19 PM by Peuan »
this is my signature

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Oh, thank God. Pressing in the mouse wheel on my mouse actually lets me scroll on here again! Thanks! :)
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 09:22:36 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
The issue arises from no space between letters if I am correct (right, Peuan?) URLs are the only issue here, since any post that has a pointlessly long word like "aaaaaaaaaaa..." can just be edited.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 03:11:59 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Yeah, the aaaaaaa thing was just testing.  You've lost the custom scroll bars off the back of it for now, though.  Well, you could maybe make an algorithm that checks to see if I word starts with "http"it will only display up to 10 characters (for instance) followed by '...' on the actual post.  The full link will still be on the bottom left of everyone's browser on mouse over, anyway.  That's all I can come up with.