You are Here:
Custom Seals

Author (Read 1683 times)

Custom Seals
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:54:33 AM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
So I was thinking about custom seals on decks, after reading the newest Americana Kickstarter update, and I noticed that not many decks have custom seals. I'm a huge fan of them but they really don't seem to be a big thing. So I had a few questions for y'all...

• Why don't many companies use custom seals?
  • What is your favorite custom seal?
  • Would you like to see more custom seals being used on decks?

I also figured that we could make a list of the decks that do have custom seals, since it would be interesting to know all those that do!

DECKS WITH CUSTOM SEALS
  • Vortex
  • Arcane
  • Series 1800
  • A. Bandit
  • Monarchs
  • Karnival Limited Edition
  • Smoke and Mirrors V4
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:00:41 PM by brown_baggs »
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

Re: Custom Seals
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:59:21 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Actually I prefer the deck without seals. Because the sticky part is hard to get rid of.
Or if I leave the seal like that, sometimes it cover the beautiful part of the box design.
But I gotta admit that some box does look better with custom seals.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:28:11 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
For collection purposes, I love the custom seals. It shows that the designer has actually put a lot of effort and wishes for the best of the deck. Though this may contradict with my point, but I like the seal in the 1st ed. S&M v4.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:46:24 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Why don't many companies use custom seals?
I think it is because it may be too expensive to create a custom seal for a small run, ie, theory 11 never use them because they always have small runs.
What is your favorite custom seal?
Favorite would be, either Arcane, Ghost or Vortex, all very nice designs, but as Phantom said, I prefer decks with NO SEAL AT ALL, because you have easy access, doesn't look crappy when you open the seal and it rips and if you fully take it off, it leaves a sticky residue.
Would you like to see more custom seals being used on decks?
I would love to see more custom seals, but also more decks with no seals like the crowns or steampunks.
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 07:15:40 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Why don't many companies use custom seals?
I think it is because it may be too expensive to create a custom seal for a small run, ie, theory 11 never use them because they always have small runs.
What is your favorite custom seal?
Favorite would be, either Arcane, Ghost or Vortex, all very nice designs, but as Phantom said, I prefer decks with NO SEAL AT ALL, because you have easy access, doesn't look crappy when you open the seal and it rips and if you fully take it off, it leaves a sticky residue.
Would you like to see more custom seals being used on decks?
I would love to see more custom seals, but also more decks with no seals like the crowns or steampunks.

Monarch decks has a red seal.  8)

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 07:24:29 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I love deck seals. I don't mind not having them, but only when it serves as a feature of the design.

Why don't more decks have custom seals?

1. It costs more money to use them.
2. It takes extra development time.
3. It makes things harder for magicians who reseal their decks with the standard USPCC seals.

I do wish USPCC expanded their seal abilities, I would love to see foil seals and different shaped seals.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:05:13 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i think that vintage series 1800 have it .. S&M v4 1st ed have , karnival limited edition foil have too , a bandit , arcane deck,vortex ...that all the deck that i can think of  my favourite one is the s&m v4 and karnival

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 08:29:59 AM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
I also prefer decks without seals, makes it easier to take out and handle the decks immediately! For me, seals sometimes damage the tuck box of the deck because it's not always easy to remove, a few of my tuck boxes were torn because of this  >:( :'(  so, without seals for me.  :)

A simple trick to remove the sticky residue,

either use a small cloth with some lighter fluid to rub it away or

use the SAME seal you took out from the deck stick it back, remove and repeat, this will help remove the sticky residue. I stress use the  SAME seal because only that work, other sticky things dont really work for some reason..  ???

As for custom seals, I've only notice the monarchs have custom ones, rest I don't really notice.. I took the seal of my monarchs and paste it on my shoe box containing my decks haha
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 09:40:08 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
i think that vintage series 1800 have it .. S&M v4 1st ed have , karnival limited edition foil have too , a bandit , arcane deck,vortex ...that all the deck that i can think of  my favourite one is the s&m v4 and karnival

Yes the 1800 vintage does have the old looking custom seal.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I prefer no seals. But I would definitely rather have a custom seal instead of a standard seal. My favorite is probably Vortex and Series 1800

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 02:23:41 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm actually pretty surprised how many people don't like seals! I've never even really noticed them unless they are unique. When you mention it I can see how they are slightly annoying. I don't remove the seals so it doesn't matter to me haha

I'll update the list at the first post soon and I'll try to get pictures.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 02:51:17 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity
I'm actually pretty surprised how many people don't like seals!
I like USPC black seals because modern decks have to be as ugly as they should be. They deserve only the black seals.  >:(  (please understand I am joking :-\ )

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 03:02:02 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I'm actually pretty surprised how many people don't like seals!
I like USPC black seals because modern decks have to be as ugly as they should be. They deserve only the black seals.  >:(  (please understand I am joking :-\ )

Haha yeah I got the joke!! I put up the list and some of the pictures. I could only add 5 to the main post so I'll post the others here.

Feel free to let us know of any others so we can add them to the list  :)

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
If we're judging a custom seal as anything other than the regular black/blue USPCC seals, then I have a couple more:

Pseudo custom seals - White Ghost (all white USPCC seal), Tetra 4 Way Fanning Deck (all white USPCC seal), Eco Edition (green USPCC seal).
Other custom seals - 125th Anniversary Deck, one edition of the Pink Ribbon Edition decks, charity:water and Bee "Watermelon" RJRTC.

These are just the ones that I have in my collection with custom seals - I have no doubt there are other ones that haven't been mentioned.
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
If we're judging a custom seal as anything other than the regular black/blue USPCC seals, then I have a couple more:

Pseudo custom seals - White Ghost (all white USPCC seal), Tetra 4 Way Fanning Deck (all white USPCC seal), Eco Edition (green USPCC seal).
Other custom seals - 125th Anniversary Deck, one edition of the Pink Ribbon Edition decks, charity:water and Bee "Watermelon" RJRTC.

These are just the ones that I have in my collection with custom seals - I have no doubt there are other ones that haven't been mentioned.

I was really only thinking of none USPCC seals. So not just color variations (although series 1800 I guess is a USPCC seal just "aged") Thanks for the additions though!! Do you have any pictures of them that you could post?