Author (Read 1405 times)

Pinterest? Pinspire? WeHEARTit?
« on: March 15, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Okay so there's this ongoing new/old fan called online pinning or whatever.

I want to know who has accounts on any of these sites

http://pinterest.com
http://pinspire.com
http://weheartit.com

I'm a little confused with this whole pinning thing but I do find a whole bunch of interesting things there.
I have an account in pinspire.com because pinterest is a by invite only.

I'd like to know if there are any of you Aetherians who are in this sort of thing. Id like to hear your opinion on these kinds of sites, and what nots.

^_^

Re: Pinterest? Pinspire? WeHEARTit?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I don;t understand what any of these things are.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
They are variations on the social media website world.  First there was Myspace, then came facebook, then twitter, and then the online world exploded into a macrocosm of information and digital social interactions; wordpress, tumbler, flickr, etc.  Pinterest, Pinspire, and weHEARTit are simply websites that use photographic content as their staple media to convey subjects around which people can comment and converse.

EDIT: I do not have an account on any of the 3 websites mentioned in the title of this thread, I am just familiar with them.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:22:49 PM by AceGambit »
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
Hmm, from browsing them briefly I can see why some people could spend their internet browsing time on them. They do seem to steer towards fashion/photography. Not for me, though. I spend my time mostly watching YouTube videos or playing Flash games. I haven't really caught on to the whole social media idea. I only consider myself having one friend, and outside that I pretty much keep myself to myself.
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 04:12:34 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
So... They're basically tumblr clones? I don't see the point. :-\
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Well no tumblr is more of a blog format and this is more of pinning something to a cork board. You can't do text posts and what not. So there is a slight difference. They are pretty close though
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
I've never seen or heard of those before, but they look like a good idea. I understand what they are but am not interested in them though.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 07:01:30 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I don't have an account at pinterest but from what I hear its more of a visual, social bookmarking website, where pictures linking to stuff like recipes, arts and crafts, motivational pictures, etc. get "pinned" and can be seen by other users. Every person I know that uses it is a woman. Just sayin...

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 07:06:19 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

@moon.exe yeah I was thinking about the same thing about the whole tumblr clone, minus the depressed teenagers claiming to have anorexia. (sorry if that offended anyone i did not mean any offense there)

but yeah. I am a sucker for social media as ya'll may have noticed. ***meh***

most of these things are kinda girly and it really appealed to me. I used to have a board where I'd pin photos of the things I wanted to get, or the things I needed to do and what not. And I think to have this kind of new online visual representation of that is a really neat thing. Plus the DIY sections are really awesome.

okay Im being extra girly hahahaha!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 04:53:16 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:

Well no tumblr is more of a blog format and this is more of pinning something to a cork board. You can't do text posts and what not. So there is a slight difference. They are pretty close though
Actually, depending on the theme you use, tumblr can have the exact same format as those.

@moon.exe yeah I was thinking about the same thing about the whole tumblr clone, minus the depressed teenagers claiming to have anorexia. (sorry if that offended anyone i did not mean any offense there)

The concept of "claiming to have anorexia" fails to hit any kind of sense in my mind so I'll skip on that, but I know what you mean about depressed teenagers. ::) The world could use a little less admiration towards a collection of cuts on your arms and legs.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
Boderline personality disorder, usually but not limited to cutters. Personality disorders are very difficult to treat. They are usually a female disorder but I have worked with a few male cases. I got burnt out about a half hour of working with them. Anorexia also terrible, very low recovery rate.