You are Here:
Anime/Manga

Author (Read 6921 times)

Anime/Manga
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:59:08 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Some of us were talking about anime in another thread, so I decided to open up a new topic about it.

I'm watching Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail for the long ones. I also watch new 12-ep (normally) short ones that come out every season. Though cause I don't like to wait a whole week for a new episode, I watch those from the previous season.

How about you?

What do you guys watch?
 Why did you start watching?

Re: Anime
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I don't like Anime in general but there's a few I really enjoyed; Akira, Princess Mononoke... GITS 2: Innocence is one of my favourite movies of all time.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 07:47:27 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Anime and MANGA! I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manga = Skip Beat and Addicted to curry

Anime = I'm not watching any right now because I dont have time to watch, but I'd like to finish naruto, and re-watch Fushigi Yuugi and maybe Vandread. I'd like to watch Fairy Tail and finish the last epi of Evangelion (although i didnt like it so much)

I have a long list of anime faves!!  speaking of which does anyone cosplay here? :P

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 11:51:12 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I think my favorite anime were Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, most of the movies of Hayao Miyazaki, Love Hina, Azumanga Daioh, Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku and there's more that I can't remember right now.  My fiancee's apartment, now my apartment as well, is rather small for three people (her youngest son is only 12 and lives with us).  My manga tastes were pretty similar, and I did occasionally read some shoujo, if it wasn't too over the top!  Yes, folks, I have a romantic side!  Sometimes I even watch chick flicks - one of my favorite movies is "The Truth About Cats and Dogs"; I'm a big fan of Janeane Garofalo, even watched her on stage in a small theater a few times!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
Watched a lot of anime as a kid, stuff like Saber Marionette J, Outlaw Star, Gundam, Dragonball, among other stuff on Cartoon Network, and various Miyazaki films. The only manga I really got into was Rurouni Kenshin.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 12:37:49 AM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
I like bleach but i haven't been seeing it lately that's the only anime show i like .

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 01:06:10 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Seems like not many active anime watchers here?

If you're looking to get into it, depending on what you like, I could give some recommendations!

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 01:16:08 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
Right now I'm watching School Rumble again. ^_^ Its such a nice series, makes me wish I went to a regular highschool instead of being homeschooled.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I used to watch a lot of anime, but I've been more into Korean drama lately. ::)
I watched a lot of them, but I think the only ones I'd be willing to watch again today would be Death Note and maybe D.Gray-Man, though I prefer reading the manga.

I have a long list of anime faves!!  speaking of which does anyone cosplay here? :P
I have the interest but not the money and motivation... and the convention I used to go to got boring over the years. Besides, my ex goes every year and I don't really want to see her.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 06:22:27 PM »

ItsMagicITellYou~

• True Member

Anime and MANGA! I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manga = Skip Beat and Addicted to curry

Anime = I'm not watching any right now because I dont have time to watch, but I'd like to finish naruto, and re-watch Fushigi Yuugi and maybe Vandread. I'd like to watch Fairy Tail and finish the last epi of Evangelion (although i didnt like it so much)

OH MY GOD. i love skip beat AND addicted to curry! lol i thought i was the only one who read AtC
others include death note (duh), monster, bleach, vampire knight, zettai kareshi, doubt, and my favorite would have to be liar game ^.^

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:09:35 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

If you're looking to get into it, depending on what you like, I could give some recommendations!

Alright, I'll bite.  Posted my tastes above... I like a lot of Japanese horror (Silent Hill 1-4 were just spectacular).  I will say that other anime I've seen, I've felt is shallow and poorly written (Spirited Away... sorry, personal opinion; I know a lot of people love it and I guess I understand why but it was a complete non-experience for me; I don't think it's a good movie) or just downright juvenile and irritating (Vampire Hunter D... just awful), so you may have your work cut out for you.

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »

digipunk

• Discourse Deity

To reply in this thread is as difficult as to reply in the "Ultimate Custom Brick" for me. :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck:

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 09:19:17 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Right now I'm watching School Rumble again. ^_^ Its such a nice series, makes me wish I went to a regular highschool instead of being homeschooled.

I loved School Rumble! Wish there're more to it then just the 3 seasons and OVA.

OH MY GOD. i love skip beat AND addicted to curry! lol i thought i was the only one who read AtC
others include death note (duh), monster, bleach, vampire knight, zettai kareshi, doubt, and my favorite would have to be liar game ^.^

I didn't enjoy vampire knight that well. Did you watch the drama for Zettai Kareshi? Liar game was well drawn, and filmed. The drama was actually what caught my attention to it.

Alright, I'll bite.  Posted my tastes above... I like a lot of Japanese horror (Silent Hill 1-4 were just spectacular).  I will say that other anime I've seen, I've felt is shallow and poorly written (Spirited Away... sorry, personal opinion; I know a lot of people love it and I guess I understand why but it was a complete non-experience for me; I don't think it's a good movie) or just downright juvenile and irritating (Vampire Hunter D... just awful), so you may have your work cut out for you.

Horror eh? Have you tried Hell Sing? But it's on vampire slaying too. Shiki was a common one, I haven't watched but I heard some people said it was not bad. Usually Japanese anime don't down the horror path. That's probably there aren't many famous ones out there.

To reply in this thread is as difficult as to reply in the "Ultimate Custom Brick" for me. :mindf-ck: :mindf-ck:

Lol why, too hard to pick out the ones you love?

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:
I recently bought all the orange dragon ball z boxes. I also enjoyed pokemon when I was younger. Yugioh was cool for a while until all my friends quit the game.  >:(

My favorite anime has to be initial d though  8)
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 09:55:27 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I've seen bits of Hellsing.  I thought it was really cheesy. Akira, Mononoke and GITS 2: Innocence are the only Anime I've enjoyed but I thought Innocence was one of the best films I've ever seen, definitely top 5 so I'd like to find something else that good but haven't seen anything come close yet.  I've seen the original (pretty good, not great) and  SAC (not for me).

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 01:41:32 AM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
LoL. Skip Beat rocks. Its more of a chick anime but after I watched the first episode, I couldnt let go because its so damn funny.

Haven't been watching anime lately but I've been reading a shit load of manga. I'm always updated with Naruto, Bleach, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, One Piece, and Hunter X Hunter(though the story line is kinda going downhill).

All time anime favorites are:
Initial D (Anime for the Big Boys)  :D
Trigun
Prince of Tennis
Midori no Hibi
Skip Beat
School Rumble
Rouroni Kenshin
Death Note
Slam Dunk (I still wish they continued the anime series)
Gate Keepers
Hajime no Ippo
Fate Stay Knight
Elfen Lied (Might be too gory for some)
School Days (R18 and kinda gory too)
Hyakka Ryouran
Ichigo 100%
Samurai 7
Eyeshield 21
Gundam Wing and Seed
Shadow Skill
Dual: A parallel dimension

There's probably more but I'm going to stop at that. I'm a sucker for the japanese culture  :P
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 01:48:56 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I see Fate Stay Night. Are you watching Fate/Zero? Part 2 releasing in Q2.

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 03:33:04 AM »

kensei777

• Forum Regular
  • Card Technician and Noob Playing Cards Collector

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I see Fate Stay Night. Are you watching Fate/Zero? Part 2 releasing in Q2.

Nope, not yet. Been really busy so I don't really have the time to watch anything . I will though once I have more free time.  :-\
I prefer hand written signatures over digital ones but the ink appears to be stuck on my monitor screen...

- Emman Refuerzo aka Kensei777

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 03:38:23 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Definitely worth watching!

I've got a recommendation. It's called Angel Beats. Short 13-ep+1 OVA. Interesting plot with twists here and there.

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
LoL. Skip Beat rocks. Its more of a chick anime but after I watched the first episode, I couldnt let go because its so damn funny.

Haven't been watching anime lately but I've been reading a shit load of manga. I'm always updated with Naruto, Bleach, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, One Piece, and Hunter X Hunter(though the story line is kinda going downhill).

All time anime favorites are:
Initial D (Anime for the Big Boys)  :D
Trigun
Prince of Tennis
Midori no Hibi
Skip Beat
School Rumble
Rouroni Kenshin
Death Note
Slam Dunk (I still wish they continued the anime series)
Gate Keepers
Hajime no Ippo
Fate Stay Knight
Elfen Lied (Might be too gory for some)
School Days (R18 and kinda gory too)
Hyakka Ryouran
Ichigo 100%
Samurai 7
Eyeshield 21
Gundam Wing and Seed
Shadow Skill
Dual: A parallel dimension

There's probably more but I'm going to stop at that. I'm a sucker for the japanese culture  :P

I got a big laugh or two watching Dual!  Another fun favorite was You're Under Arrest - I have all the series in addition to the movie.  What I loved about the US release of the series was that the company that got the license to make the US dub threw in a metric ton of extras and really showed the behind-the-scenes view of dubbing for animations with both the American and Japanese voice actors.

I just wish they did more anime dubbing in the New York area - I'd do it in a heartbeat.  Last time I checked, only a few hentai-oriented companies were dubbing here...on that, I think I'll pass, thanks.  Not that I don't enjoy it when it's done well, but would you want your voice forever associated with some hentai character?  Especially since most of the guy characters in them tend to be on the creepy side?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 04:58:48 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Air Gear
Ao no blue exorcist ( highly recommeded season ended though)
Beelzebub (some might like it well i like it )
bleach
Code Geass( Nice i really like .. season 2 last ep i act cry after seeing what lelouch did .. it has season 1 and 2 and if i am not wrong season 3 is coming out )
Deadman wonderland(some might like it some might not )
Daily life of hight school boy( comedy very funny but some joke i dun get it )
Fairy tail
Guilty crown
hellsing
naruto
naruto shippuden
nurarihyon no mago
nurarihyon no mago sennen Makyou
onepiece
persona 4 ( not bad it a game made into a anime)
Shakugan no shana( my friend introduced me this anime but i dun really know whether if it nice as i am watching the season 1 and the quality of the video suck so i dun really watch it .. but recently a new season came out )
Toriko ( kinda like one piece)
that all the anime i could remember mostly of them i like it

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:09 AM »

Belk

• Cardistry nut
One piece is amazing right behind that is hitman reborn, elfen lied was deep, FLCL is by far the funniest anime. Naruto is alright, The original series was dry and filler ridden. Yu Yu hakusho is a good oldie, cow boy bebop is brilliant and really sad. Death note is worth watching. Code geass is my favorite. I watch too much anime.
Disregard women, acquire playing cards. :p

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
It's never too much!
You should add fairy tail to your list though.

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 02:58:15 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I'm ever so slowly working through the Pokemon series, trying a bit of nostalgia on for size :P
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 06:08:04 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
Ya hitman reborn are great .. i think season 2 is coming out soon