New Deck from The Virts

Author (Read 20284 times)

Re: New Deck from The Virts
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
New info from the VIP mailing list:

Preorders will begin "soon", sometime during the Christmas/holiday season, so presumably before 2 Jan 2013.  Regular order taking doesn't begin until late February, when the deck will be released.  However, I wouldn't bet on their being any decks left by then.  (Join that list, folks!)

Pricing - not too bad, really.

Here's the pre-order packages offered.

1) The Curious - the one-deck package
A single deck with a digital Virtuoso poster: $8.95

2) The Hobbyist - the two deck package
Two decks, the poster and video tutorial "The 7-Second Pirouette": $17.90

3) The Casual Cardist - the three-deck package
Everything in 2), one more deck and video tutorial "The Rubix Opener": $26.85

4) The Serious Cardist - the five-deck package
Everything in 3), two more decks and video tutorial "Squeeze": $42.50 (save $3)

5) The Artist - the brick package
Everything in 4) plus seven more decks: $99.45 (save $7.95)
If you use PayPal, you will have the option to order 5) with "Split Pay" - two charges of $50 each, thirty days apart from each other.  If you don't have the full price now, this is a pretty nice option to have.

Now, here's the part that really sucks, timing-wise: if you're on the VIP list, you'll get an email with only ONE HOUR'S NOTICE before pre-orders begin with the link to go to for ordering.  It could show up at 3am your time, there's no way to know.

http://thevirts.com/launchedition/deck-price-new-tutorials-pre-order-packages/
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2012, 04:04:46 AM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
New info from the VIP mailing list:

Preorders will begin "soon", sometime during the Christmas/holiday season, so presumably before 2 Jan 2013.  Regular order taking doesn't begin until late February, when the deck will be released.  However, I wouldn't bet on their being any decks left by then.  (Join that list, folks!)

Pricing - not too bad, really.

Here's the pre-order packages offered.

1) The Curious - the one-deck package
A single deck with a digital Virtuoso poster: $8.95

2) The Hobbyist - the two deck package
Two decks, the poster and video tutorial "The 7-Second Pirouette": $17.90

3) The Casual Cardist - the three-deck package
Everything in 2), one more deck and video tutorial "The Rubix Opener": $26.85

4) The Serious Cardist - the five-deck package
Everything in 3), two more decks and video tutorial "Squeeze": $42.50 (save $3)

5) The Artist - the brick package
Everything in 4) plus seven more decks: $99.45 (save $7.95)
If you use PayPal, you will have the option to order 5) with "Split Pay" - two charges of $50 each, thirty days apart from each other.  If you don't have the full price now, this is a pretty nice option to have.

Now, here's the part that really sucks, timing-wise: if you're on the VIP list, you'll get an email with only ONE HOUR'S NOTICE before pre-orders begin with the link to go to for ordering.  It could show up at 3am your time, there's no way to know.

http://thevirts.com/launchedition/deck-price-new-tutorials-pre-order-packages/

To be honest, the Virts are doing an extremely good job at this! It's organised very very well, the deck looks fantastic, the extras are an awesome bonus and it is exclusively made for CARDISTS!  :D Cannot wait! I'm getting myself a brick!
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 04:58:34 PM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
They are going to start selling them at 8 PM EST. However people on the VIP list will be able to purchase them an hour earlier. If anyone is planning on picking them up in bulk and would be willing to sell me 3 decks or so I would be very grateful! Or if anyone is simple feeling extra generous and wants to add on some to their order that would be awesome. I have work and I won't be back home until 5 hours or so after the release. I have a feeling this will sell out rather quickly and I have been looking forward to these cards for sometime now, so if anyone could help me out I would be forever grateful! I am also willing to make some trades if that will entice some people, just send me a PM so I can give you a list of decks I have to trade!

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »

vmagic

They are going to start selling them at 8 PM EST. However people on the VIP list will be able to purchase them an hour earlier. If anyone is planning on picking them up in bulk and would be willing to sell me 3 decks or so I would be very grateful! Or if anyone is simple feeling extra generous and wants to add on some to their order that would be awesome. I have work and I won't be back home until 5 hours or so after the release. I have a feeling this will sell out rather quickly and I have been looking forward to these cards for sometime now, so if anyone could help me out I would be forever grateful! I am also willing to make some trades if that will entice some people, just send me a PM so I can give you a list of decks I have to trade!

Why do people never listen. They said not to reveal any details.

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
another overpriced deck...I'm really sad that limiting deck runs then overpricing them seems to be the flavor of the month for playing cards. Also not buying the whole "made for cardists" thing since it's a standard deck with a custom design.

oh well, never had much interest in it anyway

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:

Where did they say that? All I see is that they don't want us to reveal the link early.

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2012, 08:02:13 PM »

vmagic

another overpriced deck...I'm really sad that limiting deck runs then overpricing them seems to be the flavor of the month for playing cards. Also not buying the whole "made for cardists" thing since it's a standard deck with a custom design.

oh well, never had much interest in it anyway

Overpriced? It's only $8.95, it's not that overpriced imo.

Where did they say that? All I see is that they don't want us to reveal the link early.

Oops my bad.

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »

vmagic

Well they now on their site if you have the link.

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I signed up for te VIP mailing list, and I've gotten some mail from them in the past, but I have not gotten the link yet.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2012, 08:34:24 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I picked up a couple decks. Their order system is smooth and easy!

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I signed up for te VIP mailing list, and I've gotten some mail from them in the past, but I have not gotten the link yet.

I only just signed up 45 minutes before they were up for pre-sale and still got my email with the link. I ended up going with the "THE SERIOUS CARDIST" 5 deck package.

I'm very familiar with Virtuoso from youtube. Their videos were instrumental to my learning what I know of any cardistry.  I was delighted to have the opportunity to pick up their first released deck of playing cards tonight.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:44:42 PM by Legacy »

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
I picked up the 2 deck selection. I love the look of these! their ordering system is so smooth and easy!! Gotta love it!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2012, 10:58:37 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Thanks to Evan and John, both of whom sent me the link (thanks again guys), I was able to order! I just hate how I'm not able to add two packages at once (like the 5 pack and a single). Other then that, it was great!
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2012, 12:21:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I was on the list and got the email last night, but I opted not to buy any.  It's not that it isn't a good-looking deck, because it is.  But I buy enough decks as it is and I knew there were other people out there who'd be more interested than I was in them and I could think of other decks that I'd rather own.  Oh, and I'd like to have a vacation this year, and maybe buy a car next year!  And keep my wife from either divorcing me or or killing me in my sleep by dumping my playing cards on me...average deck is 3.3 ounces...I have maybe 1400 decks now...that's 288.75 pounds/131.25kg!  That could hurt...

« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2012, 02:15:35 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Don, that won't kill you. it would be like having me on top of you complemented by a 10kg bag of rice :P My brother can take my weight on his ribcage (surprisingly) but he cannot breath, since I am on his ribcage on one knee. he is scrawny and older than me but 18 months. But you wouldn't die from the weight unless it was on your ribcage in one designated spot. But glad to hear you passed on the deck Don to let others get in on it. :D
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2012, 06:58:33 AM »

shz

• True Member
  • Image credit blazingtalent.deviantart.com
What do you guys think about the flourish tutorials that have been included by email?
Watched one so far and things seem quite good to me.
"It's like you're invisible... just the back of an 'ead"

MAJOR brownie points if you get it.

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »

Joker and the Thief

• Discourse Deity
  • Joker and the Thief Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
What do you guys think about the flourish tutorials that have been included by email?
Watched one so far and things seem quite good to me.

They are quite good! Squeeze is a huge bonus, it's a very cool flourish. The Rubix opener is useful but the seven second pirouette can be easily achieved after some practice without a download.
Joker and the Thief

Instagram.com/jokerandthethiefplayingcards

Limited quantities of Joker and the Thief Playing Cards available now! http://amzn.com/B016T869S8

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2012, 06:22:05 PM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
the first two extras are not all that great. It's fairly easy to learn the pirouette from any youtube tutorial, and the rubix opener is pretty  meh. Squeeze is an excellent cut and one of my favorites, and if you aren't able to learn it from the somewhat poor tutorials online, the video will probably be able to teach you well. I was able to learn it without much difficulty from free videos, but I'm sure the video by the virts is much better for learning. Definitely worth picking up for any flourisher/cardist

here's a cool add on to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOSNzcOLNuo

« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I'm jumping on the Squeeze love train as well. I learned it from Decknique back in the day and didn't find much use from the other tutorials but I'd recommend Squeeze as it's still a great flourish.

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I love how the cards look, I just wish they jumped on the thin border bandwagon that the KS decks are lovin'
Forum Founder.

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2012, 11:46:13 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
well shit. i have to re-learn the revolution cut. the way that ive always done it will not work with squeeze
have you heard the word???

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2012, 04:38:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, that won't kill you. it would be like having me on top of you complemented by a 10kg bag of rice :P My brother can take my weight on his ribcage (surprisingly) but he cannot breath, since I am on his ribcage on one knee. he is scrawny and older than me but 18 months. But you wouldn't die from the weight unless it was on your ribcage in one designated spot. But glad to hear you passed on the deck Don to let others get in on it. :D

If you dropped your body weight onto him, landing on that ribcage with just one knee, you could easily kill him.  A hundred-pound weakling could kill him with the right force to the sternum or hyoid bone.

My friend, a SINGLE deck of cards can kill you, if it strikes the right place with the right amount of force!  If one can be killed with a ten-pound (4.54kg) hammer, I don't think it would be impossible with enough playing cards.

Even your innocuous 10-kg bag of rice can kill you, if it's used to close your windpipe.  Haven't you ever wondered why rice has been replaced by birdseed at most weddings these days?

But, in an effort to not get too tangential, yes, a deck of Virtuosos can kill you...  :))  Good thing I didn't buy any!

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:35 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Got an email update on the pre-orders placed for this deck. Huron says that USPCC has been slow on responding to emails and the like so they (USPCC) have set a definite date on when these will ship. And that date is March 25th-29th! I am not familiar with how the whole process works so I am unclear on if this means it will be shipped to the consumers on this day or to the Virts on this day. Which in turn, the Virts will ship it to us.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2013, 01:39:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Got an email update on the pre-orders placed for this deck. Huron says that USPCC has been slow on responding to emails and the like so they (USPCC) have set a definite date on when these will ship. And that date is March 25th-29th! I am not familiar with how the whole process works so I am unclear on if this means it will be shipped to the consumers on this day or to the Virts on this day. Which in turn, the Virts will ship it to us.

If it's USPC setting the shipping date, that would be the date they're shipping to the Virts.  Expect to see this deck in early-mid April if not later.

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:09 AM »

Michael

• Discourse Royalty
  • Ugh, I wish I had money for THAT deck!
Ah okay thanks for the quick insight once again Don. Very much appreciated. This deck has honestly become forgotten with me over the long span from pre-orders to actual shipment. I'm only looking forward to receiving mine and shelving them at this point.
"The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."