[VID] Sultan Republic Deck Review
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Hey everyone, here is my review of the Sultan Republic deck!
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s5gCouYjOM

Re: [VID] Sultan Republic Deck Review
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Nice review, as always Evan. I just thought I would make a suggestion. I know you already realize that the refocusing of the lens makes noise and is irritating, so why not just resolve the issue by recording the audio from a different source? I am assuming that the camera is recording the audio as well, otherwise that is one hell of a loud noise that the camera makes.

Why not pick up something like this http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Textured/dp/B000EOPQ7E and make your reviews much more enjoyable to watch.

Just my opinion, but it would make a world of difference from a viewing standpoint.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 05:43:56 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I'm not sure that an external mic will work, because the refocusing noise isn't just in the video... I can hear it in real time when the video I recording. I think that an external mic will just pick up the refocusing sound too.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »

DrianAbara

• Forum Regular
I'm not sure that an external mic will work, because the refocusing noise isn't just in the video... I can hear it in real time when the video I recording. I think that an external mic will just pick up the refocusing sound too.

You can have mics with the foamy stuff around it so that it picks up mainly your voice, I believe.
Love is magic

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

Then I would suggest looking for a microphone that is unidirectional, so it will be less likely to pick up the noise from the camera since the mic is facing you.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 09:06:46 PM »

DeckReview

• Elite Member

• YouTube:

Then I would suggest looking for a microphone that is unidirectional, so it will be less likely to pick up the noise from the camera since the mic is facing you.

Another suggestion would be record the review like usual, and then on your video editor mute your video. Then with your mic re-voice the video. It's not like we can see your lips anyways. The only thing your losing is how the card sounds in springs and dribbles, no big deal
www.youtube.com/deckreview
The simplist card reviews on youtube