You are Here:
Bicycle Titanic (KS)

Author (Read 6535 times)

Re: Bicycle Titanic (KS)
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 08:54:59 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
Their does not seem to be a list available anywhere of the irish workers that built the titanic. They apparantely didn't keep records of the workers because their were so many that jumped from one ship building project to another.
However, have you considered using "The Just Missed it" club for the seals on your EPCC decks?  Their are many notable names on that list. Over 6,000 names. I have yet to pin down a complete list but I would bet that one exists. 
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 10:30:59 AM »

rjtomlinson1977

• Elite Member
Their does not seem to be a list available anywhere of the irish workers that built the titanic. They apparantely didn't keep records of the workers because their were so many that jumped from one ship building project to another.
However, have you considered using "The Just Missed it" club for the seals on your EPCC decks?  Their are many notable names on that list. Over 6,000 names. I have yet to pin down a complete list but I would bet that one exists. 
I'll need to see if I can find that list. I know there was some, like Milton Hersey, but I didn't know there was that many

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 11:00:32 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
I'll need to see if I can find that list. I know there was some, like Milton Hersey, but I didn't know there was that many
I can find 20 or so here and 20 or so there but have not found a complete list yet. Surely their has to be one. I will keep looking...
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2014, 01:53:31 AM »

rjtomlinson1977

• Elite Member
I took the family to the Houdini museum in Scranton last month and saw the first lady of magic, Dorothy Dietrich. While we were there I bought the kids a stripper deck. I'm debating wether or not to offer "stripper decks" of the unbranded version. Any opinion as to whether people would be interested or not?

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2014, 02:11:53 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I took the family to the Houdini museum in Scranton last month and saw the first lady of magic, Dorothy Dietrich. While we were there I bought the kids a stripper deck. I'm debating wether or not to offer "stripper decks" of the unbranded version. Any opinion as to whether people would be interested or not?

Stripper decks, also known as Wizard decks, are fun to play with and are in the arsenals of most magicians, whether they'd care to admit it or not.  But is this really a magician's deck?  Could you imagine magicians using this deck in their performances and daily routines?

As a magician, I rarely use a limited-run, one-off design in my routines.  I used to - until I wised up to how quickly performing can ruin a deck of cards.  There's also the fact that most magicians, if they're performing for a general audience of unknown composition, will keep it basic and tend to use a deck with standard faces and that's easily and cheaply obtained.  Unless you're David Blaine, of course, in which case you make your own cards whenever the mood strikes you and Mark Stutzman isn't busy and you use those for performing!

It's a significant expense getting decks factory-made as stripper decks.  Plus, what about all the limited, numbered features of your design - will some of the decks be set aside just for use as stripper decks, or will these be "extra" decks not part of the standard production run?  In your case, I think it's simpler to offer just standard, ungimmicked decks.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2014, 09:29:27 AM »

rjtomlinson1977

• Elite Member
The Deluxe Edition will feature a few changes and a splash of color.... not to mention an entire different set of people used as the court.

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2014, 09:19:28 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
These items are now up for pre-order on their backerkit site

https://bicycle-titanic-playing-cards.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards