Classic Gold by Legends PCC
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:12:05 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Legends Playing Card Co.

2 hrs  ยท

Merry Christmas! Some shiny stocking stuffers coming soon to our store.

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: Classic Gold by Legends PCC
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:36:40 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I'm really looking forward to this one brother.

Same tuck paper is the Limited Edition Aquilla, which is really cool, and the back design has inverted colours... and so I think it'll look great!

It's made by EPCC, but will be sold by LPCC... so by the looks of it, a similar collaboration to the Black Legends which were made by LPCC and sold by EPCC.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I'm really looking forward to this one brother.

Same tuck paper is the Limited Edition Aquilla, which is really cool, and the back design has inverted colours... and so I think it'll look great!

It's made by EPCC, but will be sold by LPCC... so by the looks of it, a similar collaboration to the Black Legends which were made by LPCC and sold by EPCC.

The Black Legends v2 were sold exclusively by CARC but produced by LPCC. If "classic" deck history repeats itself, the "Gold Classic" is being produced by EPCC but "SHOULD" be sold by both LPCC and CARC.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:14:25 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 06:02:32 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
LPCC Captioned on one of the photos stated it would indeed be available through Conjuringarts but primarily a LPCC release.

Edit**
Here it is. Sourced and cited.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:19:04 AM by DarkDerp »
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
These are now available at Legends! There is a low print run with 500 numbered CLASSIC GOLD available at a special Christmas sale price.

Pretty cool stuff. If you dig it, be sure to check out the shop for a 3 deck mixy mix brick deal!
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 03:17:26 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
I got myself a mixed brick plus a few extra decks of Classic Gold and Onida.

The classic Gold back design vaguely reminds me of the white Global Titan deck due to the white space and gold line work. Similar in an eery way, but definitely not the same. I really look forward to testing out the handling!
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 12:43:34 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

The classic Gold back design vaguely reminds me of the white Global Titan deck due to the white space and gold line work. Similar in an eery way, but definitely not the same. I really look forward to testing out the handling!

I would have gone for the mixed brick, but have already ordered the Gold 52 from CARC. I'll wait, and hope CARC will get these in.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 01:02:19 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
That mixy brick looked sweet, I agree. I didn't get it either though having just picked up a brick of 52's from CARC. Decided to go straight Classic Gold and Onida on this order. I've been enjoying the red and blue classics. Haven't had the opportunity to pop a black classic yet but I'm sure it's great too. These Golds were an easy "Yes thanks!" for me haha.

I have to say though, while I can appreciate the theatrics, I was thrown by the gold foil on the photos. Really glad they included one without all that going on. The foil changes the color of the deck so much while I was looking at the pics I was wondering what color they actually were until I clicked the regular one with the chubby santa's beside the deck. The tuck material looks close to the Aquila LE tuck. I think that's a beautiful tuck, so I'm pretty excited by these as well.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 03:47:56 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover

I would have gone for the mixed brick, but have already ordered the Gold 52 from CARC. I'll wait, and hope CARC will get these in.

Hey hey, back again hopefully this time not so briefly :)

CARC has 200 available going for $13.50 or joined with a mixed brick of classic twins for $59.99.  Well, 198 available, made my first card purchase in forever - wedding was two weeks ago so done saving temporarily!  What else have I missed my goodness, what's the hot new deck the last 3-6 months?
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 12:06:44 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

CARC has 200 available going for $13.50 or joined with a mixed brick of classic twins for $59.99.  Well, 198 available, made my first card purchase in forever - wedding was two weeks ago so done saving temporarily!  What else have I missed my goodness, what's the hot new deck the last 3-6 months?

Congratulations on getting married!

You missed a big one. It was a collaboration between Jackson Robinson, Paul Carpenter, Randy Butterfield, and Alex Chin. It was called "The Best Deck Ever Made" Very rare. You could do a google search for one, but I doubt you will find it. Sorry you missed it, but welcome back!    :bosswalk:

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Congratulations on getting married!

You missed a big one. It was a collaboration between Jackson Robinson, Paul Carpenter, Randy Butterfield, and Alex Chin. It was called "The Best Deck Ever Made" Very rare. You could do a google search for one, but I doubt you will find it. Sorry you missed it, but welcome back!    :bosswalk:

Rob, you sick, twisted puppy...  :))  You forgot the nth new Madison deck...

Congratulations on the nuptials, HandSkiilz.  I could make a joke about your handle and the honeymoon, but I'll let imaginations do what they do best...  (LOL)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/