Create Sample Deck for $50 before going for larger print run

Author (Read 2451 times)

Create Sample Deck for $50 before going for larger print run
« on: March 27, 2012, 05:43:31 AM »

Rajas Paranjpe

• True Member

• Facebook:
Hello guys,
Here is another update from Brahma Playing Cards.

Want to test your own custom deck of playing cards before going for a large print run? You need not worry now.
We understand your concern and hence providing the service of creating One Sample Deck with Finish applied.
Since this will be a sample deck, printing will be done digitally but high quality.
When you give us standard order it will be printed on our high performance Offset Heildelberg Speedmaster for accurate and vibrant colors.
After successful payment, you will be registered on BrahmaCRM account, from where your order will be processed further.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Rajas P.
Owner,
Brahma Playing Cards
Manufacturer of highest quality customized playing cards in paper and plastic.
Experts in making custom playing cards for magicians, cardistry, card games and poker.
http://www.brahmaplayingcards.com

Re: Create Sample Deck for $50 before going for larger print run
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 06:07:02 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
HOLY COW, Rajas!

A magician could create an entire custom deck with gaffs, stripped/shortened edges, etc. and it would be affordable to make just a single copy for his own use!!

Is there a commitment to purchase more, or can someone simply create a single copy of a deck and that's it?  There are some people who would definitely want to take advantage of such a service for the purpose of just making one unique deck for themselves!

Another question: the USPC offers small-run "personalized" decks - basically a photo back and standard faces for about $25 a pack.  Would you be able to make such decks in short runs?  At what price per unit and what volume?  They're very popular for special occasions like weddings, company events, etc.

Another thought has popped into my head!  I've been wanting for a long time to create a custom business card designed to look like a playing card.  The service is available from USPC for the Rider and Mandolin Back Bicycle decks, but it's NOT cheap.  Is this a service you could offer?  If the prices are comparable to what you're offering for the custom prototype, it could be very competitive, indeed!

Lastly, let's say that someone wants to make a business-card or special-occasion deck, but has no design experience.  Would you be able to assist with in-house design to create something the customer would like - and if so, at what cost?
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »

Rajas Paranjpe

• True Member

• Facebook:
Dear Don,
1. Yes. It is possible to create gaffs,stripper decks etc. For custom die, extra costs will be added.
2. No there is no commitment for printing larger run.
3. Yes we are already doing custom personalized playing cards for clients who require short runs.
4. Yes , business card looking playing can be made provided you own the rights of the artwork.
5. Yes, We have complete design department that will create custom back, custom faces, tuck case design, dozen box design etc for you. The cost for high quality line art starts from $600 that includes back design and box design charges. Accurate cost can only be known when you co-ordinate with our design dept.

However, it is to be noted that the quality of such finished deck will differ from the quality if printed in larger run. It may be called as prototype but cannot be called as PROOFING.
Owner,
Brahma Playing Cards
Experts in making custom playing cards for magicians, cardistry, card games and poker.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 11:55:11 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Dear Don,
1. Yes. It is possible to create gaffs,stripper decks etc. For custom die, extra costs will be added.
2. No there is no commitment for printing larger run.
3. Yes we are already doing custom personalized playing cards for clients who require short runs.
4. Yes , business card looking playing can be made provided you own the rights of the artwork.
5. Yes, We have complete design department that will create custom back, custom faces, tuck case design, dozen box design etc for you. The cost for high quality line art starts from $600 that includes back design and box design charges. Accurate cost can only be known when you co-ordinate with our design dept.

However, it is to be noted that the quality of such finished deck will differ from the quality if printed in larger run. It may be called as prototype but cannot be called as PROOFING.
Wow. You are starting a revolution. This is amazing! So if I wanted to print a rainbow deck kinda like Cosmo Solano's Spectrum Deck on kickstarter (all backs are different colors of the rainbow), would that be possible? And how much would that cost?

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 01:20:30 PM »

Rajas Paranjpe

• True Member

• Facebook:
@Nathan Yes it can be done. Kindly send us request with link to your finished artwork for quote.
Owner,
Brahma Playing Cards

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:03:38 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

$50 for a test deck is fantastic!  I have a few ideas floating around for a few personal things I would love to see in person... Look for an email from me in the near future Rajas.

So if I wanted to print a rainbow deck kinda like Cosmo Solano's Spectrum Deck on kickstarter (all backs are different colors of the rainbow), would that be possible? And how much would that cost?

@Nathan Yes it can be done. Kindly send us request with link to your finished artwork for quote.

I think you might get into a bit of legal trouble!
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
So if I wanted to print a rainbow deck kinda like Cosmo Solano's Spectrum Deck on kickstarter (all backs are different colors of the rainbow), would that be possible? And how much would that cost?

I think you might get into a bit of legal trouble!
I have no plans on doing that :P I was just wondering because in the first place Cosmo Solano created his deck just so he could have his own rainbow deck without having to spend hundreds to get a prototype deck from USPCC. If only he had known, we wouldn't have gotten his amazing deck, and he wouldn't have had to go through the pain of creating a whole new deck on the market. Haha. How things would have changed!

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 03:58:24 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
I meant USPCC own's the Rider-Back design.  Rajas (or anyone else) can't print cards with that design on it legally.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:05:12 PM by Russell CircleCityCards »

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I meant USPCC own's the Rider-Back design.  Rajas (or anyone else) can't print cards with that design on it legally.

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=31&lang=en

Hasn't run into a trouble yet...

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 10:24:33 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
That legal blurb about "all artwork belongs to the original owner..." he put on the bottom does not excuse him from copyright infringement.  He is breaking the law, period.  I won't do business with him and I suggest anyone here do the same.  I know, from personal experience, that Bicycle's legal team is stingy.  You could probably get away with buying a card here and there, but don't plan on selling anything, especially in the States!

Sorry to hijack the thread Rajas, back on topic!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:32:24 PM by Russell CircleCityCards »

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Wow, Rajas, I can see your company going very far in the community, I think your company is an awesome alternative to USPCC for designers.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 02:03:15 AM »

Rajas Paranjpe

• True Member

• Facebook:
Ouch ???!! the topic really went off the track. I think when Nathan asked about rainbow deck, it was implied that he was asking whether it is possible create a deck with similar color scheme with the artwork he owns the rights to.

The only motive and reason for us to start a Brahma Playing Cards was to provide high grade playing cards at best price with shortest delivery time. By best price here we mean not compromising on quality but by implementing other factors such as doing business on very high turnover, low wastage techniques, spending adequate on marketing etc.

We have dedicated R&D dept who is responsible for creating new finishing/coating techniques and improving existing ones.
The dept is also responsible for maintaining and improving  the performance of paper/PVC used for the jobs.
On a bigger picture, this actually helps our existing/ prospective clients and eventually us because they can advertise their products that have truly Unique stock and Unique finishes.
The market is already flooded with plenty of decks(but excellent designs) with similar finish and stock under the disguise of different finish names.

(If not now, the customer will eventually find this out.)
So only way for us to succeed in this competitive market, is by providing new finish /stock that actually enhance the performance and durability of decks rather than waste time in copying someone else's hardwork and getting into legal complications.

Also, we do not respect nor entertain inquires for making knockoffs or printing artwork for which the client doesn't have the rights.
I think this should clear all the confusion.

I trust users of AetherCards and I really appreciate how they actively participate in each others projects including us. There are many forums online but there is something different about this group which makes this group stand out from others.
I hope we can work with many users of this group and benefit each of us and most importantly make our customers satisfied. :)
Owner,
Brahma Playing Cards

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 01:15:24 PM »

N3TL0@D3R

• Newcomer
That's amazing, a couple of questions, does the sample can have a custom box for the same price, also the price include shipping, the sample comes with the smooth finish that cards usually have, anyway great idea, best of luck in the company  :)

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2012, 11:44:12 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Rajas! This is wonderful news! I love you so much for this!
A great person you are! Speechless. No need to spend so much on a sample print. ^-^

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »

authorXD

Does the design have to be digital? I don't have access to that kind of money or technology.

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 10:40:36 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Does the design have to be digital? I don't have access to that kind of money or technology.

Designs for print always have to be digital. They don't have to originate from the computer, but as some point, someone has to do the work of putting them on one, and after that you have to modify the images to be suitable for the type of printer you're using, the paper, etc.

---
As far as technology goes, you just need a decent computer.

The programs worth learning cost hundreds or thousands, but Adobe, for example, has notoriously endorsed pirating their programs in a really odd way (they have almost no digital rights management on their software). Their thinking is that by getting it into the hands of people who cannot afford it, people who would never buy the program otherwise, they have a good chance of making that money back when those pirates create legitimate businesses and are forced to buy a license.

It has happened to pretty much every designer on this forum, I'm willing to bet. I pirated Photoshop for almost a decade before I caved.

Forum Founder.

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Designs for print always have to be digital. They don't have to originate from the computer, but as some point, someone has to do the work of putting them on one, and after that you have to modify the images to be suitable for the type of printer you're using, the paper, etc.

---
As far as technology goes, you just need a decent computer.

The programs worth learning cost hundreds or thousands, but Adobe, for example, has notoriously endorsed pirating their programs in a really odd way (they have almost no digital rights management on their software). Their thinking is that by getting it into the hands of people who cannot afford it, people who would never buy the program otherwise, they have a good chance of making that money back when those pirates create legitimate businesses and are forced to buy a license.

It has happened to pretty much every designer on this forum, I'm willing to bet. I pirated Photoshop for almost a decade before I caved.

I don't know if I'd use "notorious" to describe that practice.  It makes a LOT of sense, in terms of creating and maintaining market dominance.  Give it for free, people learn on it, become accustomed to it, and then when they go pro, they have no choice but to buy a license - but by then, they're working on a pro level for pay and can better afford it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/