You are Here:
Who's the new kid?

Author (Read 560 times)

Who's the new kid?
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Hello all,

I have been lurking on the board for around a month, and decided to finally introduce myself.

My name is Nate and I hail from North Carolina where I run my own IT/ web company. I got interested in playing cards after reading a memoir of my Great Grandfather. I  became interested in his time at Lennen & Mitchell  especially the design work of the 1950s.   I decided to design some playing cards for family and friends ..  I ignorantly  thought I would be able to  read an article or two about poker, design the cards, and print them up. To my surprise I found how little I knew about the art of cards. The more I dug the more questions I had and the more interested I became in cardistry.. now i'm hooked.
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

Re: Who's the new kid?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome aboard.  Since you've been lurking, you probably know about the big changes that have taken place in the last month-plus.  It's a great time to be a member here!

Have any questions?  Someone's bound to have the answer here!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:29:21 PM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
Hello all,

I have been lurking on the board for around a month, and decided to finally introduce myself.

My name is Nate and I hail from North Carolina where I run my own IT/ web company. I got interested in playing cards after reading a memoir of my Great Grandfather. I  became interested in his time at Lennen & Mitchell  especially the design work of the 1950s.   I decided to design some playing cards for family and friends ..  I ignorantly  thought I would be able to  read an article or two about poker, design the cards, and print them up. To my surprise I found how little I knew about the art of cards. The more I dug the more questions I had and the more interested I became in cardistry.. now i'm hooked.

Welcome Nate. What a wonderful way to enter this hobby! You'll find a bunch of people with similar interests. Have a look around, and let us know if you have any questions.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:11:03 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Welcome Nate, hope you enjoy the site as much as I have. Pleanty to learn and pleanty of members willing to share their knowledge.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 09:00:54 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Hello Nate and Welcome.
Sure you'll have some fun here and learn lots more about our favorite collectible.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club