You are Here:
Card or Money under watch

Author (Read 631 times)

Card or Money under watch
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
My sleight of hand is starting to improve and I'm starting to move to more complex tricks because of that.. I want to maybe start posting a few videos for tips feedback, but I digress...

If I could learn one trick, for the rest of time, it would be card or dollar bill under watch.  I have an idea for it that I think could be extremely powerful and be a centerpiece for my act for years to come. I know Asi Wind has an unreal version he does, but I want to try to find the technique in it's purest form so I can almost build from scratch. Does anyone know where I can buy a book or DVD from a top tier talent?  Out of curiosity, does anyone here already know how it's done and if so is it complex?

Thanks!
-B
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

Re: Card or Money under watch
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 06:21:13 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Although I've not done card or dollar under watch, I have done coin under watch. It's the same principle for all versions though - misdirection. Plays a huge part.
Oz Pearlman has a DVD out for coin under watch, you can purchase it from penguin magic. Personally, I think you should contact Johnny Ace Palmer via his website. Request for his lecture notes, very concise.

Pit Hartling has a handling for card under watch that he used in his FISM act. I can't remember the name of the book he released it in though, sorry.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:22:19 PM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 06:54:15 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Although I've not done card or dollar under watch, I have done coin under watch. It's the same principle for all versions though - misdirection. Plays a huge part.
Oz Pearlman has a DVD out for coin under watch, you can purchase it from penguin magic. Personally, I think you should contact Johnny Ace Palmer via his website. Request for his lecture notes, very concise.

Pit Hartling has a handling for card under watch that he used in his FISM act. I can't remember the name of the book he released it in though, sorry.

I took a shot in the dark and e-mailed JAP.  I might purchase something from Pit Hartling, but there are so many options I'm not really sure where to start.  Thanks, I really appreciate your help!!
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:06:10 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Pit Hartling book is called "Card Fictions" and the trick is called "High Noon"
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)