You are Here:
Madison Rounders in brown from Ellusionist? I do think so.

Author (Read 10025 times)

Madison Rounders in brown from Ellusionist? I do think so.
« on: October 13, 2013, 08:19:44 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
Oddly enough I haven't seen any thread about this.

Looks like we have a brown version of the Madison Rounders coming soon. Considering Daniel's love for the Brown Wynn's (just like the red Wynn's) my guess is that these will be very similar if not exactly the same shade of brown as those were.

(Yes, it's possible that those COULD be the black Rounders but considering the black in his desk compared to the deck, I'd say that these are indeed brown ones. Especially considering Madison himself having commented on the picture with "Look closer".)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:20:46 AM by Marcus »
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

Re: Madison Rounders in brown from Ellusionist? I do think so.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 08:55:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
With the lighting, the setting, the focus, etc., it's hard to tell.  The one thing I can say with accuracy about the new deck is that the open pack in the photo has off-center backs...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I doubt it. These look like black rounders to me. I can see where you might think its Brown. Brown is too close to Black anyway. What would be the point?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 09:21:53 AM by Anonymous »

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 09:31:46 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
I'm becoming more and more confident that these are in fact brown Madison Rounders each time I look at the picture. They're brown, no doubt. And what else would be in this picture to "look closer" at, like Daniel himself is telling people? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151627102466161&set=a.147152631160.119734.61472466160&type=1

I liked the black Rounders but felt they could've used some color, and since the red ones are in Daniel's possession and won't likely be available for regular purchase, I can work with a brown version. Not that I need any, but, you know..  ;D
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 11:13:51 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Real or not it's not impossible to alter colors..........this is a quick fix example, so a trained graphic artist with the right programs can do just about anything. I hope they do come to fruition, I'm kind of liking the brown on many decks I've seen
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:14:21 AM by Sparkz »

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 05:17:40 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Real or not it's not impossible to alter colors..........this is a quick fix example, so a trained graphic artist with the right programs can do just about anything. I hope they do come to fruition, I'm kind of liking the brown on many decks I've seen

I don't want a Madison poop colored deck. Even if the Wynn's came in brown, that does not mean Madison has to do it. Next...

@Marcus

I honestly don't know where you got this picture from? I have to agree with Sparks. Altering color on photo's is entertaining. Its just fun when people like you react to it this way. Make sure your getting the picture or information from a credible source. Also, please provide the link to your source.

When did Madison ever say he liked the brown Wynn's? I know he likes the red/scarlet Wynn's. Hence scarlet rounders and scarlet dealers.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 05:25:09 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:

I don't want a Madison poop colored deck. Even if the Wynn's came in brown, that does not mean Madison has to do it. Next...

@Marcus

I honestly don't know where you got this picture from? I have to agree with Sparks. Altering color on photo's is entertaining. Its just fun when people like you react to it this way. Make sure your getting the picture or information from a credible source. Also, please provide the link to your source.

When did Madison ever say he liked the brown Wynn's? I know he likes the red/scarlet Wynn's. Hence scarlet rounders and scarlet dealers.

Read the previous posts.  He provided the link to Brad from Ellusionist's facebook page.  Title of the post from Brad was "My kitchen counter right now".  Probably not a credible source there.   ???

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 06:03:04 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

@Marcus

Read the previous posts.  He provided the link to Brad from Ellusionist's facebook page.  Title of the post from Brad was "My kitchen counter right now".  Probably not a credible source there.   ???

Well there you go. Sorry I missed that.

If that is brown it's too damn dark. Would they not have gone with a lighter brown if that's what they were going to do? That's ridiculously too close to the black. I still doubt it. Its just a picture of his kitchen counter with black Madison's people. Don't wake me up from my non-buying hibernation for a false alarm.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »

The Quadfather

• Elite Member
"look closer"

There's coffee brewing in the background.

Apart from that shocking piece of information, there is a noticeable difference in the shade of colour between the desk and the card backs. It could just be down to the lighting. Whether this means we can expect another colour to be in our collections soon, we can only speculate and wait. But on Daniel Madison's other releases, there's only been two colours. Why make the same deck in another colour, when more money is to be made in releasing a brand new deck in two colours again?!
My mom always said I'd be great at something. Who'd have thought that something would be zombie killin'.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'd like to think that they're releasing a new watch, based on the image of what looks like a watch instruction book in the left of the photo...I like watches!

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 10:33:43 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I'd like to think that they're releasing a new watch, based on the image of what looks like a watch instruction book in the left of the photo...I like watches!

Let's not forget about the cupcake. E might have some magical baked goods for us. Lol Or maybe a Rounders coffee mug?

I can't deny the fact they are a pantone of brown. FML

The attached photo from Madison with a rounders deck in the background says it all for me. "invoice"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 11:27:37 PM by Anonymous »

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 09:08:27 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
@Marcus

As already pointed out, it's from Brad who posted it on the Facebook page, and since there's nothing else of value in the picture I believe it's about the deck.

About the brown Wynn's - well, I've heard more than once but I'm pretty sure Daniel also mentions it very briefly (along with the red Wynn's which are his favorites of the Wynn decks if I remember correctly, hence the 2k decks of the Scarlets for himself) in one of the Revelations episodes.

Keep in mind the (assumed) Brown Rounders in the picture are pretty dark due to the bad lighting. I reckon they'll look better/brighter in real life.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 01:58:32 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
@Marcus

As already pointed out, it's from Brad who posted it on the Facebook page, and since there's nothing else of value in the picture I believe it's about the deck.

About the brown Wynn's - well, I've heard more than once but I'm pretty sure Daniel also mentions it very briefly (along with the red Wynn's which are his favorites of the Wynn decks if I remember correctly, hence the 2k decks of the Scarlets for himself) in one of the Revelations episodes.

Keep in mind the (assumed) Brown Rounders in the picture are pretty dark due to the bad lighting. I reckon they'll look better/brighter in real life.

There was room for improvement by auto editing standards. The lighting and contrast is not terrible. I don't think your lighting theory holds up Black or Brown. Its approximately Red 51 Green 43 and Blue 40.  A brown would have more Red. A gray scale or black would be about even in all 3 RGB. Its very very close. Closer to Black then Brown but Like I said, I can't deny the fact there is slightly more Red. Making the card backs in the picture the slightest pantone of brown. We will see...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:59:51 PM by Anonymous »

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 02:06:23 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Brown is too close to Black anyway. What would be the point?

I'd guess the point would be to sell thousands more decks to dedicated fans.  ;D
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 03:52:16 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Brown is too close to Black anyway. What would be the point?

I'd guess the point would be to sell thousands more decks to dedicated fans.  ;D

I guess that would be me. You can't help it to like that bastard!  :)

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
There was room for improvement by auto editing standards. The lighting and contrast is not terrible. I don't think your lighting theory holds up Black or Brown. Its approximately Red 51 Green 43 and Blue 40.  A brown would have more Red. A gray scale or black would be about even in all 3 RGB. Its very very close. Closer to Black then Brown but Like I said, I can't deny the fact there is slightly more Red. Making the card backs in the picture the slightest pantone of brown. We will see...

This is what happens when I change the exposure a bit. Not proof, but I'd say it's pretty close.

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 07:12:54 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Daniel Madison's latest tweet would suggest these are coming pretty soon.

~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 07:31:22 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Daniel Madison's latest tweet would suggest these are coming pretty soon.

How Now Brown Cow

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2013, 11:16:24 PM »

vmagic

The only thing I got from all of this is that if someone posts a picture or tweet and says something cryptic all of a sudden there is a new deck coming out! Seriously cal down folks, for all we know it could be related to the watch diagram, after all you don't have to look close to see the cards are there, but why is that diagram there?

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 01:07:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The only thing I got from all of this is that if someone posts a picture or tweet and says something cryptic all of a sudden there is a new deck coming out! Seriously cal down folks, for all we know it could be related to the watch diagram, after all you don't have to look close to see the cards are there, but why is that diagram there?

The diagram is there probably because someone in the household got a new watch...

It's not a matter of "someone" posting a picture or making a tweet - it's WHO is posting the picture and WHO is making the tweet.  They've all but said by now that a new Rounders deck is coming, and it appears to be an homage to the Brown Logo Wynn deck.

I like that it's a dark color - that "shiner" trick he mentioned in one of his Revelations videos might also work with this deck as well as the black Rounders.

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 10:42:24 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

- The "Look closer" comment was most likely because nobody who commented on the fb picture noticed the color of the deck.
- We have one tweet from DM with the phrase "New Rounders?".
- We have another message from him mentioning that he'll soon post more info about Rounders (don't recall of this was fb or twitter).

So yeah, it's probably a new watch.

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »

vmagic

- The "Look closer" comment was most likely because nobody who commented on the fb picture noticed the color of the deck.
- We have another message from him mentioning that he'll soon post more info about Rounders (don't recall of this was fb or twitter).

That could be the reason for the comment but who knows.
As for the tweet, it sounds more like he's asking if people want a new Rounders and not stating there would actually be new Rounders.

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 05:54:50 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
But the tweet right after the "New Rounders" tweet was: "Sometime next week, I will have Rounders news."

Granted there could be some kind of news about the existing ones, but what would that be? No, everything is pointing to a new color or two.

That could be the reason for the comment but who knows.
As for the tweet, it sounds more like he's asking if people want a new Rounders and not stating there would actually be new Rounders.

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 04:01:44 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
#Rounders #Rounders #Rounders

#BrownMadness

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 09:58:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
But the tweet right after the "New Rounders" tweet was: "Sometime next week, I will have Rounders news."

Granted there could be some kind of news about the existing ones, but what would that be? No, everything is pointing to a new color or two.

It's the watch!  It's a shiner with the Rounders brand name on it!  :)) JK