You are Here:
Trick or Treat? Favourite Halloween trick

Author (Read 1099 times)

Trick or Treat? Favourite Halloween trick
« on: September 27, 2013, 01:59:36 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
With Halloween a few weeks away, I wanted to know what kind of trick(s) you perform. Or if you're not into performing, what's your favourite Halloween related routine?

This will be the first year I'll be performing during Halloween for the children's hospital. Was thinking of doing Haunted Deck 2.0 as my Halloween trick. Other tricks I'll be performing aren't really halloween themed.
In case you were wondering what they will be, they are the magic colouring book, cardtoon deck trick, ball & vase trick, and some packet effects using cards from the fast/fake n genious deck.
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Re: Trick or Treat? Favourite Halloween trick
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 07:26:19 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
You can use Dresscode by Calen Morelli to do something really creative and terrifying. Use your imagination with it.

I'd post the exact methodology but that would obviously reveal the trick.

However, imagine this: You walk up to someone and strike up a conversation. "Hold on a second, wanna see something really cool?" Pop out a razor and start slicing your shirt. Blood starts dripping and you start screaming in agony. Turn around. Back to normal! :D

It would require quite a bit of extra materials but boy it'd be worth it.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:53:42 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
With Halloween a few weeks away, I wanted to know what kind of trick(s) you perform. Or if you're not into performing, what's your favourite Halloween related routine?

This will be the first year I'll be performing during Halloween for the children's hospital. Was thinking of doing Haunted Deck 2.0 as my Halloween trick. Other tricks I'll be performing aren't really halloween themed.
In case you were wondering what they will be, they are the magic colouring book, cardtoon deck trick, ball & vase trick, and some packet effects using cards from the fast/fake n genious deck.

I often do "Do As I Do" as a mind-reading/psychic trick.

I also like using an Invisible Deck with a marked or Gambler's Deck.  Spectator choose a card from the marked/Gambler's, I use the Invisible to "haunt" the other deck and reveal their card.  Best thing is, you can do it twice in a row, really mess with their heads.  Gambler's Deck is better, because you don't even need to see the chosen card - I let them choose by cutting and use the markings to read the card at the bottom of the deck.  "See, even if it was marked, it would do me no good - I can't even see the BACK of the card..."
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 06:40:10 AM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

I also like using an Invisible Deck with a marked or Gambler's Deck.  Spectator choose a card from the marked/Gambler's, I use the Invisible to "haunt" the other deck and reveal their card.  Best thing is, you can do it twice in a row, really mess with their heads.  Gambler's Deck is better, because you don't even need to see the chosen card - I let them choose by cutting and use the markings to read the card at the bottom of the deck.  "See, even if it was marked, it would do me no good - I can't even see the BACK of the card..."

That's pretty smart. I might have to do that one.
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 06:52:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

That's pretty smart. I might have to do that one.

Invisible Deck with the standard routine is fun in itself, really - especially when dealing with kids that have vivid imaginations.  I like to crack a few jokes about how them saying "yes" when I ask them if they can "see" the invisible cards...

WOW is also a fun one - kids NEVER see that one coming, and neither do most adults.  It never fails to get jaw-dropping results.  If you do an Ambitious Card routine, it's also a rather fine closer for the routine (using WOW 2.0).  Those come in a version with the Rider Back as the changing card as well as with different card faces.

Ohh - another fun bit.  Everyone loves and has seen a Rising Card bit.  I combined a Rising Card deck with a Hovercard (E sells them) for some spectacular results.  Now, not only do they see the card rise out of the pack - they see it float away from the pack as well!  Now all I need is one of those "Hummingbird" cards to match, the ones that fly in a circle around you and make a noise...or, alternately, a bit of Invisible Thread and some practice.  You have to use a force for the Hovercard, but it's worth it.  If you're concerned about the whippersnappers catching on when you have to force the same card over and over, just buy more than one Hovercard - they sell it without the DVD if you look in the Accessories section of the site.  Hovercards from E are available in Rider Back red/blue and in a few of their older deck backs - I have one for a Ghost deck, with a matching Ghost Rising Card deck.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 12:41:13 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Those are some great ideas, thank you guys. I've added the rising card to my routine (using my ghost deck). I'm getting rid of haunted 2.0 and replacing it wig tom wright's chill. Gives me a chance to work with IET/IT.
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)