Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Since I used to own an Xbox 360 and the Halo series, I was wondering what console series you prefer and why?

I now have the Uncharted series after selling my Xbox.

I prefer Uncharted because it is more realistic in the characters, No Aliens (Covenant) and plasma grenades. Why do you like either of the two series?
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: Poll: Uncharted vs Halo
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 03:52:23 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I've never played Uncharted, but I love Halo. Not the multiplayer, but the story is awesome.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 03:58:35 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
I love the Halo Campaign, don't get me wrong, just the damn Multiplayer that ruins it!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 02:06:47 AM »

sr15

• Discourse Veteran
I don't think they're really comparable since they're two different types of games, but I've never been a fan of Halo and I love the Uncharted series. Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I've ever played.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 02:14:25 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
Uncharted, absolutely hands down. I find the entire Halo series to be one of the most lamentable gaming franchises ever created. The Uncharted games are original idea, it's fresh, it has a magnificent story and characters. The Uncharted games look like movies- literally. Halo STILL looks arcadey (maybe that's a word?), even over a decade later, and hasn't developed at all past the stage of being the generic FPS that it always has been. Every game has been the same- same maps (essentially), same weapons, same story, same graphics. How is that impressive? I'm not into the whole "space alien" thing to begin with, but Halo is really infinitely overrated in my opinion. The Uncharted games are spectacular because of the story they tell, unlike Halo. Every Uncharted game is fresh while still maintaining an overarching story that is beautifully interwoven. I think the Uncharted series deserves to be in consideration when speaking of one of the greatest gaming franchises of all time. Halo? Not so much....granted Halo DID essentially father the FPS genre, along with Call of Duty.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 11:59:46 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Uncharted, absolutely hands down. I find the entire Halo series to be one of the most lamentable gaming franchises ever created. The Uncharted games are original idea, it's fresh, it has a magnificent story and characters. The Uncharted games look like movies- literally. Halo STILL looks arcadey (maybe that's a word?), even over a decade later, and hasn't developed at all past the stage of being the generic FPS that it always has been. Every game has been the same- same maps (essentially), same weapons, same story, same graphics. How is that impressive? I'm not into the whole "space alien" thing to begin with, but Halo is really infinitely overrated in my opinion. The Uncharted games are spectacular because of the story they tell, unlike Halo. Every Uncharted game is fresh while still maintaining an overarching story that is beautifully interwoven. I think the Uncharted series deserves to be in consideration when speaking of one of the greatest gaming franchises of all time. Halo? Not so much....granted Halo DID essentially father the FPS genre, along with Call of Duty.

You call Halo generic, yet later say it fathered the FPS genre. :P

Modern FPS games are basically the result of Halo. Dual-wielding? Halo. Sticky grenades? Halo. The list goes on. For its time it was insanely innovative and that's why it did so well. It had a simple and addicting multiplayer, as well as a story that was easy to follow but crazy deep for those that wanted that.

Uncharted came at a much later date, and I would argue did little to innovate anything. Naughty Dog had absolutely brilliant games in Crash and Jak, but in my opinion Uncharted lacked that uniqueness.

The sequels also seemed forced, whereas Crash's sequels were just for fun and Jak's sequels really got you emotionally invested in their story, and this crazy dystopic future.

I'm not sure Halo vs. Uncharted is a valid comparison. Different genres, different platforms, different launch dates, different design objectives...
Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 12:25:27 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:

You call Halo generic, yet later say it fathered the FPS genre. :P

Modern FPS games are basically the result of Halo. Dual-wielding? Halo. Sticky grenades? Halo. The list goes on. For its time it was insanely innovative and that's why it did so well. It had a simple and addicting multiplayer, as well as a story that was easy to follow but crazy deep for those that wanted that.

Uncharted came at a much later date, and I would argue did little to innovate anything. Naughty Dog had absolutely brilliant games in Crash and Jak, but in my opinion Uncharted lacked that uniqueness.

The sequels also seemed forced, whereas Crash's sequels were just for fun and Jak's sequels really got you emotionally invested in their story, and this crazy dystopic future.

I'm not sure Halo vs. Uncharted is a valid comparison. Different genres, different platforms, different launch dates, different design objectives...

It IS generic, as in it hasn't progressed much at all since the first game, but its importance to the FPS genre can't be negated. That's all I'm saying.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe