• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Have you seen it?

Do you like it?

Have you watched all Episodes so far?

What was your first impression?

For me I started at Season 3  :-[ All the guys at my school have been talking about it so I checked it out. I love it!!

Anyone else?
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: The Walking Dead.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Have you read the comic book/graphic novel series from which the TV series was derived?

I would have watched it, I think, but I watch less TV these days on a schedule.  I record a few shows on the DVR, but otherwise watch whatever's on.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:42:05 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Victoria and I are just starting season 3. Season 2 was a bit all over the place for me, not as good as season 1.

Season 3 is pretty good so far, though it still baffles me how it took them 8 months to notice a giant prison that was literally over the hill in season 2. O_o

I'm also a bit worried that the series will follow the comics directly in terms of who lives and who dies. The comics did a terrible job creating likable characters that you can get attached to, and root for. Everything is too grim. I get that it's an apocalypse, but for television at least, you need to be open to getting attached to the characters. Right now I'm watching the show from a third person perspective so as to not get invested. Yet I want to be invested.

Lost had the same issue, to be honest. Game of Thrones is a good example of where no character is safe, yet you are still able to root for them because deaths are never just out of the blue and out of character.

I also don't understand why the show, and the comic, insists that in a time of crisis, people go insane and start killing each other. Hasn't the exact opposite been proven to be true in human history?

Oh, and Lori can go suck a fat dick.

Rick: "SHOULD I KILL HIM, AN INNOCENT MAN, WHO CAN POTENTIALLY BE WHAT GETS US KILLED?"
Lori: JUST DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO, I TRUST IN YOUR DECISIONS

Rick makes a decision

Lori: WTF I'M MAD, jk i suck at life BUT NO SRS IM MAD jk im aight NO FK U RICK, hey carl come suck my dick FK U CARL Y U NO LOV UR MOM brb gonna bang ur dads bff

That's 100% of their interaction on the show :P
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:43:44 PM by alex. »
Forum Founder.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:10:47 AM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I would have watched it, I think, but I watch less TV these days on a schedule.  I record a few shows on the DVR, but otherwise watch whatever's on.

First 2 seasons are on Netflix.

I've seen all the episodes of the show but haven't read the comic yet. Also working my way through the Xbox 360 videogame.

Season 2 overall wasn't very good since nothing really happens, thankfully season 3 really picks up and I can't wait til the show comes back for the second half.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:01 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
I've seen a few episodes and haven't been intrigued enough to continue watching, as of yet. I started watching Breaking Bad around the same time (about 6 months ago), and finished all 4 seasons in about a week, plus Season 5 over the summer. I found Breaking Bad to be much more interesting and better produced, as well as having a much deeper and developed story and characters. It's one of the best shows in television history- not too many shows in history have won 32 awards. I'll try to watch The Walking Dead again before class starts up again in February. Perhaps I'll get into it a bit more if I keep watching- it took me almost the entire first season of Breaking Bad to really get me sucked in, so judging The Walking Dead off a sample of only a handful of episodes is not fair. It would be almost impossible to match or surpass the development of Breaking Bad, though. I guess I'll see for myself soon enough. I should also say I'm not a huge fan of the zombie genre, so that could perhaps at least partially contribute to my lack of interest with The Walking Dead so far. Most people I know are obsessed with The Walking Dead, though, so it's likely I'll get into it if I watch a few seasons. AMC is doing pretty well with these two shows under their belt.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 12:36:01 AM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I've been watching since the beginning and I love it. It's just awesome!

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 02:54:31 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

I've been a big Walking Dead fan since I discovered the HC Graphic Novels about 5 or 6 years ago. If you like the show I would highly recommend checking the books out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1582406200/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Z4SMD871JQ5NZFWA7VM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Kirkman does a great job of changing when and where characters die in the TV show and books. A good example is that Merle and Daryl are characters created just for the show, they aren't in the books. The Governor character is even more sadistic in the books! The books are so far along that I would guess there's around 6-8 more seasons of storylines already built-up and ready to go.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 03:00:18 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Who are your guys' favorite characters? I love Glenn, Daryl, Dale, Beth, Carl (season 3 only), Michonne, T-Dog, Otis and Hershel.

My least favorite are Rick (everything he does is out of character, one day he loves innocence the next day he wants to kill innocents), Lori, Andrea, Shane (again, everything is out of character), and Carl (season 1-2)

@Randy: Daryl is, I guess, the Tyrese replacement in Season 1-3, but Tyrese is in the show now, which means I have a feeling Daryl is our "big death" of S3. He's the best developed character on the show so far, I think. I went from hating him in season 1, to not being sure about him in 2, to absolutely loving him in 3.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 03:52:23 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I've been a big Walking Dead fan since I discovered the HC Graphic Novels about 5 or 6 years ago. If you like the show I would highly recommend checking the books out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1582406200/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Z4SMD871JQ5NZFWA7VM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

Kirkman does a great job of changing when and where characters die in the TV show and books. A good example is that Merle and Daryl are characters created just for the show, they aren't in the books. The Governor character is even more sadistic in the books! The books are so far along that I would guess there's around 6-8 more seasons of storylines already built-up and ready to go.

thanks, Randy

Instead of the fancy hardcover volume 1 you pointed out, I'd suggest the compendiums, especially if you are already a fan of the show - eight volumes in a single book.  Much more cost-effective.

Click here for Compendiums One and Two.

And if you get Book 17 which just came out earlier this month, you'll be pretty much current with all the trade paperback collections of the story.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:00:58 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Yep, the compendiums are great if you haven't read any of the books. They just started those recently so I'll continue to get the hardcover versions. I love the design and durability, and have all 8 of them!

My favorite characters from the books are Tyreese and Michonne. Michonne is just as much of a badass on the show as she is in the books! I'm glad they finally added Tyreese to the show, especially since they casted the actor who played Cutty from the amazing HBO show The Wire. Daryl has become one of my favorite characters on the show. I liked Dale quite a bit in the books but found his character to be very annoying in the show. I'm very happy they decided to killed him off when they did on the show!

Thanks, Randy

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Yep, the compendiums are great if you haven't read any of the books. They just started those recently so I'll continue to get the hardcover versions. I love the design and durability, and have all 8 of them!

My favorite characters from the books are Tyreese and Michonne. Michonne is just as much of a badass on the show as she is in the books! I'm glad they finally added Tyreese to the show, especially since they casted the actor who played Cutty from the amazing HBO show The Wire. Daryl has become one of my favorite characters on the show. I liked Dale quite a bit in the books but found his character to be very annoying in the show. I'm very happy they decided to killed him off when they did on the show!

Thanks, Randy

Spoilers, man, spoilers.

I felt Dale was one of the better characters in the show. The thing he did with Andrea in season 1 at the end was annoying, but he was the group's only sense of reason in S2. I just can't figure out if the show wants to show the loss of humanity or the retaining of humanity through the apocalypse. I can never tell what a character will do because one day, someone like Glenn will be crying about how "our people" must be buried and "their people" must be burned, and the next day he's gung-ho about murdering Randall.
Forum Founder.