[VID] Fathom - Deck Review

Author (Read 1205 times)

[VID] Fathom - Deck Review
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:08:21 PM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Hello everyone, here is my review for Ellusionist's Fathom deck. Enjoy! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2bMt_4sSFw&feature=youtu.be

Re: [VID] Fathom - Deck Review
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 06:39:15 AM »

Loop Cuts

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I think there is a lot of room for improvement but you have potential to be great.

TIPS
- Find a well-lit area and set up the came so you can have great clarity and a background without a bunch of the room showing, an empty wall perhaps.
-   Practice how to handle your cards!  When you do your fans, you look like you’re just learning how to fan cards.  If you don’t look like you can handle them, people will begin to doubt your credibility as a reviewer due to a lack of experience.
-   Take more time to read some of Aethers great threads such as Fact or Fiction in the playing card section.  Learn how cards are made and what makes each one unique.  The more you know the better.
-   Take the time to research the deck you’re reviewing.  One reason people love reviews is because they can obtain a little info not shared on the company site.  If you email the companies asking for more info about what inspired the decks creation and if they can share a little more about the cards so you can an accurate review, 80% of the time they will reply with some good history behind the cards. 
With reviews you have two people really standing out now and that’s SacProductions101 & Evan Zelig.  Both have taken the time to learn how to polish there techniques and still are.

I said you have a lot of potential but you have to put the time in with each review and develop a consistent style. 

Cheers ;)

Re: [VID] Fathom - Deck Review
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:29:45 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I agree with Robert. A well lit area adds so much to a review. I would also like to see a bit more of what the deck can do, like what it looks in displays and whatnot. If you don't know the werm cut, learn it. It's really easy to do and shows what the deck looks like in a display very nicely. It also kind of seems like you're seeing the deck for the first time. Take time with it! Get to know it and break it in a bit before a review. They'll handel much nicely, and you might even hone in on specifics you want to talk about.
Other than that, it looks great! Keep trying!  :D
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)