You are Here:
Apple Macintosh Playing Cards

Author (Read 1334 times)

Apple Macintosh Playing Cards
« on: June 02, 2012, 01:57:23 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
On a happier note (happier than the White Monarch debacle)... I was able to finally secure a deck of playing cards that I've been looking for for over a year with no success until now... Fifteen year old Apple Macintosh Playing Cards... Having had Macs since the first 128K box right up till my current Lion, Macintosh has always held a place in my heart, and if you feel the same way and remember the icons from years past then maybe you will also feel good about these playing cards... Enjoy the pics...

Re: Apple Macintosh Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 03:46:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Now that is one funky-lookin' deck.  Interesting choice of suits.

I started using Apple with the Apple II!  And it wasn't even the first computer that I ever used - that would be the TRS-80 Model I from Radio Shack made before the GUI was invented.  I currently have a MacBook running Snow Leopard, waiting to back up my drive before installing Lion.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:07:49 AM »

vmagic

Edit - sorry, didn't mean to start anything.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:18:27 PM by vmagic »

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:49:08 AM »

Eyeball

• Elite Member
Is it really necessary to make a new thread every time you get another deck?

This is a thread about a deck that has not been discussed before on these forums as far as I know. People like me and others who might be interested can see this deck that we could have never known about otherwise. Your comment is quite unnecessary and contributes nothing to the thread, really you could have just PM'd this to jmrock instead of publicly stating your detest for his threads by asking a question like this.

Anyways, I like the look of this deck a lot, it's quite unique and quarky. I have been using a Mac for roughly 2 years now and before than I grew up as a Microsoft person (having two programmers as parents probably influenced that), even built my first PC when I was 13 and learned as much as I could on navigating through Windows XP. Nonetheless I run bootcamp on my macbook, but I can honestly say I love the Mac OS interface and overall easiness of usage much more than Microsofts XP, Vista, or 7. Enough of all that though!

Could you give us some more info on the cards? More so on the history, were they used as a promotional tool? Things of that nature :)

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 10:52:05 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Is it really necessary to make a new thread every time you get another deck?
Woah there. What's wrong with doing that? It's very interesting, especially for those of us that have never seen this deck before. If you don't care about this deck, then don't read the thread. It can't be simpler than that!

Being a Mac fanatic, I love the ways Mac elements are incorporated in the deck.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
I'm going to stray away from answering vmagic's questions because I don't want to just repeat what most of everyone just said,

but anyway, great find JMROCK! I don't know which suits are for which though but I think its cool. Hahahaha! trashcans??? seriously???
King of trashCan, Queen of Trash Can, Jack of trashcan HHTP!
I love Apple. I love the MACs, I love the ipods/pads/phone. I just hate the price. hahaha! Too expensive even for me. I'm using an iMac right now though but we got this one back in 2007.

After reading and listening to the Steve jobs' book, I can already imagine if he asked to make a new set of playing cards for apple hahahaha!!! Metallic ink all over. very minimalist. A solid "silver" deck. ^-^

Where did you score yours JMROCK?

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »

vmagic

It's cool guys, I understand wanting to show off new or different decks and I found this deck to be very interesting, but to me if often seems like he is gloating over all the decks he has gotten from people, that's all, sorry.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 12:39:11 PM »

AceGambit

• Discourse Lover
  • mundus vult decepi
Not an Apple fan specifically, as I've mentioned before though, I do have a certain respect for companies that have the ability to make customers flock to their latest releases without rhyme or reason, it's amazing. 

On this deck in particular however, it brings back some fond memories of Elementary school and middle school.  It's got a very nostalgic feel to it.  How do they handle?  Like crap?

I am a fan of the 10 of clocks and the Queen of Bombs haha.  Did you find these at a yard sale or flee market or something?
They say the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 10:11:05 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Well thanks for the support people... and vmagic... I just don't know what to say to you - I never really do... I was coming from a humble place and was trying to share what I thought was a happy and more positive experience of securing a deck that I've been looking for and finding it after a very long time... I see that just about every deck imaginable is posted here and discussed and I thought that my fellow card collectors might want to see an interesting deck... Gloating is a very negative attribute (one which I try and stay away from) and although I can tend to be a bit sarcastic and cynical at times, I try never to "gloat"... So you'll have to pardon my next post, which I feel is important to share with the card collecting community, especially where Bicycle Playing Cards are such a prevalent part of collecting...

@AceGambit... eBay my friend... From my understanding, at one time these fetched over $300... I wish I could go to sales, but I work 2 jobs approximately 70+ hours per week...

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 02:09:11 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
This deck made me laugh...nice going! Although I'm not a huge Apple fan as I do sadly use Vista, these cards are something. I love the fact that this deck is fully custom, and practically one-of-a-kind (considering I haven't seen any around...at all.) Great find jmrock!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605