Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
just wondering who is going because there is an awesome line up of speakers this year (just like every year)

and are you going to get the magic con v2 deck??

your opinions below!!!  if anyone going pick me up 2 magic-con decks!! ill pay for them at the price you get them for
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: Who's going to Magic-con 2012?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:23:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
just wondering who is going because there is an awesome line up of speakers this year (just like every year)

your opinions below!!!  if anyone going pick me up 2 magic-con decks!! ill pay for them at the price you get them for

Would love to go, but I'm getting married this year and a magic convention isn't exactly my fiancee's idea of a great honeymoon...

Once I see the Magic Con decks, then I'll decide whether they're worth owning or not.  Until then, to me it's all just hyperbole, adspeak and vaporware.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 05:04:56 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen

Would love to go, but I'm getting married this year and a magic convention isn't exactly my fiancee's idea of a great honeymoon...

Once I see the Magic Con decks, then I'll decide whether they're worth owning or not.  Until then, to me it's all just hyperbole, adspeak and vaporware.
gratz again

if anyone is going can you pls help me get a few magic con v2 deck ?? did not mange to get the v1

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 05:06:18 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:

is everyone here on the discourse invited? and CONGRATS!! what date is the wedding?
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 05:17:46 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

is everyone here on the discourse invited? and CONGRATS!! what date is the wedding?

If you're referring to Magic-Con, an invitation isn't needed - just the right amount of cash.

If you're referring to the wedding, as of right now, there are no people coming from the Discourse.  I might invite a few people from Blue Crown, since we've met and they're in the area, to the second reception.

The wedding and first reception will be in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on August 25th - my birthday - but that date isn't set in stone just yet.

The second reception will be one to two weeks later somewhere in Queens, NY.

Re: Magic-Con deck v. 2 - it will likely be on sale at D&D after the con, assuming they printed enough to have leftovers (I'd say the odds are in your favor that there will be).

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I definitely want to go but I'm only 15 so I can't afford to fly there and back and buy a magic con ticket.
If D&D sell the Magic Con decks on their site or some other easy way to buy them, then I will probably buy a couple.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »

Linguist_

• Elite Member
If they brought Magic-Con to Glasgow then I'd be there! Until then, I'll pass. One of my classmates is currently on an exchange in San Diego. I wonder if she'd be willing to pay the $153.72 ticket just to pick up a deck for me :P.

EDIT: Looking at the line-up for speakers it looks like it should be an interesting event. A lot of talented and respected folks. I'd go just to hear from Scotland's own Paul Wilson, as he is a great inspiration for me.

I wonder what the format is like? Id imagine there to be key lectures with the more well-known speakers and smaller seminars with lesser-known ones, and then for there to be many stands from magic companies showing off their merchandise.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:44:29 PM by Linguist_ »
Oh, Lawd!

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
I am saving my money to go to a magic conference, in 2013. That gives me a year to save, and flying to San Diego from Canada is not cheap :(
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I just found out a group of guys from my magic club are going. This has sealed the deal. I was going to go myself as my wife does not care about magic. We are planning a trip to Jerusalem this year but after reviewing my vacation account, I will be able to do both. Especially now that I quit drinking. My bar tabs at one time ran more than my plane fare. :karrit:

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 07:00:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I just found out a group of guys from my magic club are going. This has sealed the deal. I was going to go myself as my wife does not care about magic. We are planning a trip to Jerusalem this year but after reviewing my vacation account, I will be able to do both. Especially now that I quit drinking. My bar tabs at one time ran more than my plane fare. :karrit:

Congratulations.  If I was still drinking, I'd probably not ever have appeared here, nor would I have learned magic and started collecting cards.  My fifth anniversary since my last drink is May 11th.

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 06:13:03 AM »

wrassling

• Banned

• Tumblr:

• YouTube:
Not going to Magic-con, but I happen to live in SD, so if anyone arrives early and want to jam you know what's up.
youtube.com/wrassling