You are Here:
Bicycle Premier Back?

Author (Read 1782 times)

Bicycle Premier Back?
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
I love these cards, how many of you have a deck?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:48:37 PM by hazofhorsham »
Some Men just want to watch the world burn.

Re: Bicycle Premier Back?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »

Robert Butler

I seriously don't like them.  So that's a negative for me.  I don't own them.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:56 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
can you post pictures? i am not for sure what deck you are talking about.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I don't have any of them either. You should put some pictures up in the main post so people can have a visual (for those who don't know what they are).
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
Edited to have a picture.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
yea i dont have any, and with that back i wont be, not my style.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I really like that back design, but not in those colors. If they had a blue and silver back I would for sure grab some of these. The colors that they used just don't have any "wow factor".

How many decks do you have hazofhorsham?

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
I have 3 decks, the thing that really does it for me is the front of the cards have metallic ink, and if you see them they look godly :L

EDIT: I will post pictures later on...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:48:15 PM by Curt »

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »

xlacs

• Forum Regular
Looks interesting. Are the black pips an off grey color?

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 03:06:46 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I have 3 decks, the thing that really does it for me is the front of the cards have metallic ink, and if you see them they look godly :L

Yeah I love that about the Fantastique deck!! The backs are awesome but the rest is standard; however, the metallic ink on the court cards makes them look stunning!! Overall a really nice deck in my opinion. Sometimes that metallic ink can work wonders

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 03:11:05 PM »

hazofhorsham

• Discourse Veteran
I will concede the back design is a little... ermish. But there decks were only produced in a run of 2000, and the fronts are amazing so its a must for me :)

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I don't have them and I don't plan on getting any. I don't like the design at all and the colors don't really go well together.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Have the deck... Don't appreciate the Advertising printed right on the box... I truly can't stand when the producer does that... yeah, we get it... You produced the deck, put your name on the bottom like most everyone else...

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
I've got a deck of it. It's produced by Mike (bmpokerworld, the eBay seller).

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »

K

• Discourse Veteran
  • Card for me maybe?
hmm, looks like the black pips are replaced my light orange ones from the picture (You can see the ace of clubs on the right), the back doesnt look appealing to me those it does look classy even without metallic ink (Though metallic ink would go with this deck, I can imagine!) mmm standard pips and cards, not for me..
Stalking the forums, I'm in that corner!

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 01:02:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
hmm, looks like the black pips are replaced my light orange ones from the picture (You can see the ace of clubs on the right), the back doesnt look appealing to me those it does look classy even without metallic ink (Though metallic ink would go with this deck, I can imagine!) mmm standard pips and cards, not for me..

The red pips are the same metallic crimson red as the Titanium decks from T11.  The black pips are metallic gold.

What I loved about this deck was that the deck faces were 100% metallic ink.  It wasn't over the top, and it didn't need custom court cards - the added shine from the ink made them seem as if they were custom while still being familiar.  OK, so the back could have been better - the design was kind of plain and boring - but it was OK as opposed to being weird or outlandish just for the sake of being different.  It didn't scream "LOOK AT ME, I'M A CUSTOM DECK, YOU CAN TELL BY MY CARD BACKS, SEE?!?"  If I dropped a deck of Infinities or Dose or some other wildly custom back design on a table at a seniors' home, they probably wouldn't touch it.  If I dropped a pack of Premier instead, they'd be playing rummy and poker pretty quickly.

The one thing about Titaniums that always bugged me was that the red cards were all nice and shiny, while the black cards were just - well, BLACK.  You almost could have swapped in a non-metallic version of the same card from a basic version of the deck.  The Premier deck had a fully-metallic design, something done before only in the Gargoyle deck, but with two distinct and easily-distinguished colors.

This deck was one of my favorite releases of last year.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:05:39 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:54 AM »

John B.

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

The red pips are the same metallic crimson red as the Titanium decks from T11.  The black pips are metallic gold.

What I loved about this deck was that the deck faces were 100% metallic ink.  It wasn't over the top, and it didn't need custom court cards - the added shine from the ink made them seem as if they were custom while still being familiar.  OK, so the back could have been better - the design was kind of plain and boring - but it was OK as opposed to being weird or outlandish just for the sake of being different.  It didn't scream "LOOK AT ME, I'M A CUSTOM DECK, YOU CAN TELL BY MY CARD BACKS, SEE?!?"  If I dropped a deck of Infinities or Dose or some other wildly custom back design on a table at a seniors' home, they probably wouldn't touch it.  If I dropped a pack of Premier instead, they'd be playing rummy and poker pretty quickly.

The one thing about Titaniums that always bugged me was that the red cards were all nice and shiny, while the black cards were just - well, BLACK.  You almost could have swapped in a non-metallic version of the same card from a basic version of the deck.  The Premier deck had a fully-metallic design, something done before only in the Gargoyle deck, but with two distinct and easily-distinguished colors.

see but if im doing something like that i would not bring one of my custom decks, i would bring a standard deck.

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

see but if im doing something like that i would not bring one of my custom decks, i would bring a standard deck.

(sigh)  It was an example, not something I do in the real world...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/