Author (Read 5286 times)

THE RUSH (Ghost Towns) - By Stacey jay Kelly
« on: October 13, 2020, 10:21:22 AM »

Squiddle Ink

• True Member
  • Living well is the best revenge!

• Kickstarter:
Here is a new ArtDeck,
I have been putting this idea together after I took a road trip heading from Death Valley North on the 395 to Lake Tahoe and then across to Yosemite and San Francisco and was charmed by the abandoned Ghost Towns littered throughout the state. The story that began at Sutter Creek to me seems pretty bleak and serves as a tremendous cautionary tale. My deck is a dedication to the hopeless 49ers who travelled to California in search of riches.

I have not yet thought deeply regarding the colour of the deck and have so far worked it in black and white. until I have completed the illustrations. I thought it would be a good time to share the designs for feedback.
Instagram @squiddleink

Re: THE RUSH (Ghost Towns) - By Stacey jay Kelly
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 10:23:01 AM »

Squiddle Ink

• True Member

• Kickstarter:
Aces:
Spades: "Those that sold shovels" many struck it rich buying and selling the shovels and pickaxes during the gold rush rather than mining for Gold itself. There is also wheat in the design to represent the great wasted crop that was abandoned on John Sutter's land when his workers heard of the nearby treasure.
Hearts: "The hooker with the heart of gold" a tribute to Rosa May, courtesan who nursed sick men back to health during the gold rush but in spite of her kindness was buried outside the local cemetery for her sins.
Diamonds: "The richest vein of paydirt" Prospectors would search for the gold-bearing vein.
Clubs: "The flood of 49ers" Those who travelled to find gold in 1849
Instagram @squiddleink

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 10:25:26 AM »

Squiddle Ink

• True Member

• Kickstarter:
Queens: The saloon women who carved a name for themselves as pistol-packing gamblers, caring courtesans and entertainers.
Instagram @squiddleink

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 10:25:54 AM »

Squiddle Ink

• True Member

• Kickstarter:
Jokers: a tribute to the game of Faro or "Buck the tiger" Played in the saloons.
Instagram @squiddleink