You are Here:
How to produce your own custom deck of playing cards - video by Ekaterina

Author (Read 6164 times)

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame
This is a very helpful 32 minute video by magician Ekaterina, who covers the whole journey required in producing a custom deck of playing cards, gleaned from her own experience with the production of her Fox Playing Cards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJhrIAfWgds

Overview of contents:

Step 1: DESIGN
Think about what type of design or brand will be portrayed on your custom deck of cards. It's always better not to make it "too personal" so that more people can relate to the brand and buy into your design.

Step 2: PRODUCTION
Here are a few companies you can partner with to bring your project to life: USPCC, Cartamundi, Legends Playing Cards, Make Playing Cards (MPC), Hanson Chien Productions, Clove St Press (tuck box).

Step 3: GO TO MARKET
Think about how you are going to tell the world about your cards? Are you considering a Kickstarter campaign? If you don't have a big following, it's definitely an amazing platform for visibility. Think of every detail - domain names, instagram handles, etc

Step 4: FULFILLMENT
Final step - getting the cards in the hands of your loyal supporters. If you are considering partnering with a third party company, consider these two options: Art of Play, Gambler's Warehouse

INTERVIEWS
Learn from the experience of other creators.  Features interview with Kier Gomes (creator of Slow Hands deck) and Derek Grimes (creator of the Paradigm deck).
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

riverboy

• Newcomer
  • Sometimes we win, sometimes we learn
Thank you for posting this, this turned out to be very helpful and reassuring that I was doing the right thing 😅

James Johnson

Yes, thank you so much for posting the link for the video. As I am on my first journey creating a card deck/game, this helped me out quite a bit! :)