What else do you collect?

Author (Read 12611 times)

Re: What else do you collect?
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2013, 03:51:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
So, Josh - just how easy is it to get film these days?  Must be like looking for the latest model buggy whips...  :))  Seriously, here in the States, Kodak (largest film producer) is in bankruptcy if I'm not mistaken, so film's getting kind of scarce.  Remember the Simon and Garfunkel song "Kodachrome"?  They sold the last roll a few years back and it's nearly impossible to find the correct chemicals to process it...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2013, 01:28:19 PM »

chosenthemagician

• I love magic, as simple as that.

• Twitter:
I collect comics Marvel and D.C, mainly Marvel. :)  :D
- stay classy with the cards-
- it's not the card that does magic, you do the magic-

« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2013, 02:32:14 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Yeah, I know Kodak is out of shop. I have two or three rolls left to use and need to hunt down more and my own film producer machiney thingy
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2013, 08:32:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Yeah, I know Kodak is out of shop. I have two or three rolls left to use and need to hunt down more and my own film producer machiney thingy

Good luck, with finding the developer - and the developing chemicals.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I collect Zippo Lighters, from vintage to modern. I'm more drawn to the modern artistic/different Zips. There's also a little cross over as you can see, you can always check out my collections using the link in my sig  ;)

Left to Right: 1947 3 Barrel - 2010 Zippo Flame Armor - Barret Jackson Auto Auctions - Zippo Bicycle - Black Chrome laser etched AoS

« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2013, 07:33:57 PM »

ronyo_faukx

• Elite Member
  • What does the Faukx say?

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

The collecting of playing cards is the latest in my series of collections.

Before that I collected:
  • Badges - The sort you find on birthday cards or handed out during political rallies (these were sorted in a TMNT lunchbox, which has disappeared during the various moves we made while I was growing up  :()
  • Baseball caps - I'm not sure what my attraction to them is, as I rarely wear hats, let alone baseball caps.
  • Pin Badges - This infatuation started during a giveaway by a local series of shops aiming to encourage a higher level of foot traffic into an area normally given a wide berth due to the high number of pubs and clubs (and the drunken violence associated with such).
  • Foxes - This one's pretty obvious, but I can't help but purchase new ones whenever I see them. As such, I have never searched the term on eBay for fear of my credit card dying of malnutrition.
Who wants to play '52 Card Pickup'?

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2013, 11:07:14 AM »

magnacat

over the years i've started many collections, almost to the point of collecting collections... i now collect around 20 ongoing manga, old and new anime, M.U.S.C.L.E. men figures, transformers, figure contruction kits (gundam, zoids, bionicle, etc.), LEGO, video games (xbox, xbox360, snes, nes, ps, ps2, genesis, gamegear, gameboy/advance/ds, neo geo pocket, psp...), magazines (art, astronomy, architechture, design, science, anime/manga/cosplay, video games, collectables, etc.), and i guess you could say collect music in general. i also seem to collect health problems, so i collect disabilty as well. =P  i used to collect comics, too, mostly marvel, but it got way too expensive to continue, even more so when i realized my interests kept branching into new books... lastly, i collect anything i think i can use for artwork, or sculpture, as i am not able to afford many supplies, so i take what i can get (although many of the things i find, for certain styles, come from discared electronics, and machines, so buying them isn't really too expensive, when they aren't just being given away). i used to collect electronic equipment for composing music, but i haven't had the money to keep up for years. i suppose i have many interests, but i have to be thankful that my collecting habits aren't as big as my passion for creative expression, or i would be in debt i couldn't escape from. =] i noticed a lot of you mentioned differnt spirits- the only one i collected, until it was destoyed by my friends and i, was absinthe. any of you guys enjoy this drink? i know it can be a little difficult to obtain the finer quality selections, but i'd love to know if any of you have favorites... it is quite the unusual drink, and i'm always open to recommendations. for that matter, i'm intersted to hear if any of you share any of my collecting choices, and if so, what you prefer, or suggest in those areas (both for favorites, and for getting better deals, and such).

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2013, 08:21:31 PM »

CordedTires

• Forum Regular
I used to collect key chains - the plastic kind. Especially souvenirs from places visited (that's how I got started). I have about a cubic foot of them and when the box is open, it's an interesting chemical experience. I am very interested to hear that a couple others also have collected key chains as my husband always told me this was nuts.