You are Here:
Card Caddy deck box and discard tray - Jan 12 (KS)

Author (Read 2366 times)

Card Caddy deck box and discard tray - Jan 12 (KS)
« on: January 07, 2016, 02:48:00 PM »

Dimesy

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
The Card Caddy is the only playing card deck box that converts to a discard tray so you can securely transport your cards, then play a game anywhere, anytime. Kickstarter and 127 wonderful backers (many from this forum) helped me raise the funds to make the single decker version a reality and now it's for sale on my website http://narrowshill.com.

But there's a lot more I think can be done with the Card Caddy idea and design. This Kickstarter introduces Double and Triple Decker versions of Card Caddy. If we hit our stretch goals, there are also some really cool snap-on gaming accessories that can attach to any Card Caddy. These include storage boxes, hole and peg score counters, multi-deck connectors, and maybe even a dice tower. With your help, we can create what could be the first fully modular and customizable gaming accessory on the market!

Here's the preview: http://kck.st/1RsBYsp
Would love to hear your comments - going live Jan 12th.

Re: Card Caddy deck box and discard tray - Jan 12 (KS)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 04:42:30 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Interesting idea, does it hold a deck that's still in it's tuck box?
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 05:00:16 PM »

Dimesy

• Newcomer

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Most definitely! The interior is sized to fit sleeved cards which adds a bit to the sides and top/bottom dimensions, so a deck in its tuck box fits perfectly.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 06:12:13 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Interesting idea, does it hold a deck that's still in it's tuck box?
Most definitely! The interior is sized to fit sleeved cards which adds a bit to the sides and top/bottom dimensions, so a deck in its tuck box fits perfectly.

Yeah, I have found that my nerd cards in their sleeves are almost exatly the same size as a poker deck in it's box, which has made a lot of my storage really versatile =D
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 10:37:08 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
That's great, I really like this idea. I'll be a backer.  ;)

I tried not too, but I have to ask. Justin what are nerd cards?  :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:38:06 PM by Fes »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 11:21:24 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I have one suggestion, for the box used to hold game accessories.  You have a peg board for keeping score, keeping track of life points, etc. but I only see one peg.  Having two is better, having two sets in two different colors better still.  It's like in pinochle, when scoring on that kind of board - if you have just one peg and your score changes, you pull it out, someone distracts you and bam, you forgot where you started from.  With a second peg, you leave the present-score peg in and put the other peg where the new score is.  You can't forget the old score because the peg didn't move.  Having a second set means you can keep score for your opponent, track a different set of points ("power points" or whatever a given game requires), etc.

It's a decent product for the game player - I like the design.

For the next version, make one that's waterproof, or at least water-resistant.  Second-best is to market a pack of plastic playing cards with it.  That would be an excellent kit for packing in one's camping gear.

That's great, I really like this idea. I'll be a backer.  ;)

I tried not too, but I have to ask. Justin what are nerd cards?  :P

Already funded, silly!  They're for sale.

By "nerd cards," he's probably referring to cards for a CCG such as Pokemon, Magic: the Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, etc.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/