You are Here:
Pagan Otherworlds Tarot and Pagan Poker Blue by Uusi (KS)

Author (Read 3166 times)

Pagan Otherworlds Tarot and Pagan Poker Blue by Uusi (KS)
« on: October 17, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Another Pagan deck. Click link for Tarot pics.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:08:39 PM by Don Boyer »
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

Re: Pagan Otherworlds Tarot and Pagan Poker Blue by Uusi (KS)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 07:56:38 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Another Pagan deck.

Not really - looks like all new artwork for this one, at least for the tarot deck.  VERY different from the original Pagan deck and the BRuT Tarot.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:08:12 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 08:42:16 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

Another Pagan deck.

Not really - looks like all new artwork for this one, at least for the tarot deck.  VERY different from the original Pagan deck and the BRuT Tarot.

I have to disagree with you. It is another Pagan deck. This deck of playing cards even looks exactly like the previous deck, with the exception that it's blue this time. I stuck it in the same thread as the previous Pagan for the same reason you stuck the No.17 Le Chat Rouge in the No.17 Playing cards thread even though that actually is a new deck. It's your example I'm following in that regard. This is a quote, your words from that thread. 
It's probably a bit easier to keep discussion to a single topic, since they're different versions of the same deck, so I merged the topics

From the PAGAN Custom Playing Cards deck.

Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 09:40:52 PM »

bamabenz

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I regret the loss of Sleipnir from the poker deck.

/bama

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 10:42:08 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Another Pagan deck.

I have to disagree with you. It is another Pagan deck. This deck of playing cards even looks exactly like the previous deck, with the exception that it's blue this time. I stuck it in the same thread as the previous Pagan for the same reason you stuck the No.17 Le Chat Rouge in the No.17 Playing cards thread even though that actually is a new deck. It's your example I'm following in that regard. This is a quote, your words from that thread. 
It's probably a bit easier to keep discussion to a single topic, since they're different versions of the same deck, so I merged the topics

From the PAGAN Custom Playing Cards deck.

I was a little confused at first, only comparing the tarot deck art - that appears to be mostly new stuff, though based on the old stuff.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Minor differences for the poker deck, mainly the addition of a second Joker.

From the project page:
"We we felt this was the perfect occassoion to offer one last Limted Edition of this design. The LE Blue Pagan deck on this project will share the same courts as the original deck, but if funded we will be creating a new joker to join the first. The deck will also be further distinguished by a unique tuck box design that is similar to our tarot tuck."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:38:03 AM by Justin O. »
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

From the project page:
"We we felt this was the perfect occassoion to offer one last Limted Edition of this design. The LE Blue Pagan deck on this project will share the same courts as the original deck, but if funded we will be creating a new joker to join the first. The deck will also be further distinguished by a unique tuck box design that is similar to our tarot tuck."

Actually, you left out the most important difference of all.  The original was printed with USPC.  This blue deck will be printed with Expert PCC on Master Stock.

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 12:18:49 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

From the project page:

Actually, you left out the most important difference of all.  The original was printed with USPC.  This blue deck will be printed with Expert PCC on Master Stock.

And that's the reason I backed these!  :D

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 02:32:34 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.

Fair point, I forget that everyone isn't like me, just happy that it isn't makeplayincards.com.
I will nearly back any project on the sole basis that they *aren't* using makeplayingcards.com. I know their quality has improved and they are trying really hard to be a reputable printer, but I can't shake my bias.

I think the blue on this will look stellar, and be such a compliment to the other Pagan poker decks.
I wish I had the money to go full in for the Valhalla tier just for the gilded faces on the tarot cards.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 01:12:02 AM »

torcams

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
C'mon people, we need to get to 65k - I really want the gold foil illumination on the Luna cards!!!!!!
Matt Schacht