The Rules for "Aces and Eights - the Vintage/Antique STISO Board"Not adhering to these sales rules may result in your sale info being deleted.YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE:
- A MINIMUM POST COUNT OF 25 POSTS
- AT LEAST 7 DAYS AS A MEMBER
- A REPUTATION SCORE OF AT LEAST ONE (1)
- AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE RULES PRESENTED HERE
BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO CREATE TOPICS IN THIS BOARD.
Spam posts made anywhere in an attempt to reach the minimum requirement may be removed at management's discretion. Violators may have their minimum post requirement increased and any threads made in this board deleted. Posts to both STISO boards, the Conversation Parlor or Support boards do not count towards your post total.[/i]MEMBERS OF 52 PLUS JOKER ARE EXEMPT FROM THE PREREQUISITES, other than having to read and understand the rules!
If you do not have the 52+J rank and are a currently-enrolled member, contact Tom Dawson (user ID: 52plusjoker) to receive it.General Purpose Rules
POSTING YOUR OWN EBAY SALES
- Items listed here must have been made at least twenty (20) years ago. Items made more recently will be listed in the original STISO topic.
- This is a caveat emptor listing of sales and trades. The management of this website are not responsible for any deals, sales or trades executed as a result of information obtained here. You are required to do your own due diligence. If a trade seems suspect in any way, DON'T DO IT.
- Unless otherwise stated in a specific topic, the default currency used on this board is US dollars and the default payment method is PayPal (or cash if items are being traded/sold in person). Buyers and sellers are free to specifically state other currencies and payment methods.
- Trading in/selling playing cards, magic instructions, cardistry instructions or any products directly related to these is permitted. No other items may be posted here for sale or trade.
- You may not trade items that are considered illegal or contraband in either the place of origin or place of destination. You may not trade in fraudulent merchandise or illegally-made copies of legitimate products.
- You may not sell or trade in a digital video or audio file unless you have the express written consent of the copyright holder to resell that file and provide a copy of such consent as a condition of your sale or trade. You may trade CDs and DVDs that were created by the original manufacturer under agreement with the copyright owner, but you may not trade "ripped" duplicates made without the copyright holder's consent.
- If you are offering items in more than one category (such as some items for sale here and others for sale on eBay), create separate topics for each category and sort out which items go in which category; don't make a single topic for all the items mixed together.
- We provide a sticky topic for Trader Testimonials exclusive to the STISO boards - use this to research your potential trading partners, and please include your testimonials about trades and sales as well, even if they take place elsewhere.
- Posting fraudulent or false information anywhere in this board for any reason can get you banned from the PCF - don't do it.
- You may post here only if you are interested in buying, selling or trading. If you are simply commenting on other people's sales and trades with no intent to sell, buy or trade, it is considered spam; DO NOT POST IT HERE. The Conversation Parlor are where you can make those posts, depending on their nature.
- You have the option to limit your business to domestic offers or local/in-person, which must be stated in your topic. You may refuse to trade with anyone having more negative ratings than positive ratings on the Testimonials topic and no questions will be asked.
- All topics get closed after four weeks from the last post or immediately after an eBay sale is closed, whichever comes first. If your trade, sale or eBay sale are done, please lock your topic instead of waiting for us to do it for you.
- Product pictures are not required, but they may help stimulate sales and are recommended.
- A brief paragraph telling buyers why you're a great seller may help stimulate sales as well.
- All transactions are required to be negotiated and settled on via the forum's PM system, including the exchange of transaction details, email address, mailing addresses and legal names. DO NOT DELETE PMs either sent or received that relate to the transaction. If a dispute arises your PMs are your only evidence; they will be reviewed by a staff member and disciplinary action will be used as necessary. EBay transactions are exempt from this rule, but if someone is selling an item on eBay and is willing to offer it outside of eBay directly to the buyer, treat it as an ordinary sale topic; this rule would apply.
- For more accurate descriptions of your items dated 1950 or earlier, use Hochman code numbers when applicable. These can be found in the Hochman Encyclopedia of American Playing Cards, 2nd Edition (ePub format).
POSTING SOMEONE ELSE'S EBAY/AUCTION/RETAIL SALES
- Title your thread with "[EBAY]" at the beginning of the thread title (i.e., [EBAY] Brand X Playing Cards).
- Give a brief description of the sale and a link to the eBay page.
- Everything else is between you and eBay. You may post questions to sellers here, but the better place to do it is on eBay itself. The sale is governed by the rules of eBay, not the rules of this board.
- Clearly indicate that you are not the seller, that you merely found the sale and wish to inform members about it.
- Give a brief description of the sale and a link to the eBay page.
- This is ONLY for posting about sale items on eBay or another auction or retail site that you found someone else is selling and that you wanted to notify the members of the forum about.
- Buyers, do not post follow-up questions about the sale here - the seller will likely not see them! Send your questions to him or her through the site where it's offered. The sale is governed by the rules of that site, not the rules of this board.
- Title your thread with "[SALE]" at the beginning of the thread title (i.e., [SALE] Brand Y Playing Cards). If the item for sale is something you ordered but do not yet have, use the tag [PRESALE] instead and give estimated arrival and shipping dates of the item.
- You MUST include the following info in your thread content: Shipping costs, item costs, what country you are shipping from.
- You may choose to include whether or not you are accepting OBOs (Or Best Offer).
Here at the PCF, we don't take scamming lightly. This is why we are instituting fail-safes to help protect traders. Any trade threads that do not adhere to these following rules will be locked:
ISO (IN SEARCH OF):
- Title your thread with "[TRADE]" at the beginning of the thread title (i.e. [TRADE] 2 Decks of Brand X for 3 Decks of Brand Y). If the item for trade is something you ordered but do not yet have, use the tag [PRETRADE] instead and give estimated arrival and shipping dates of the item.
- You MUST include the following info in your thread content: Shipping costs (if this is being factored into the transaction), exactly what you are trading to get and what you are offering in exchange, what country you are shipping from.
- Not following through with a trade will result in a permanent ban from the PCF, no questions asked, and your name added to the board's DO NOT TRADE list.
- Title your thread with "[ISO]" at the beginning of the thread title (i.e. [ISO] Brand Z Playing Cards)
- You MUST include the following info with your post: Minimum money offered, quantity, item/s you are looking for, what country you are in (for shipping purposes).
- If you're looking to trade for the item(s) instead of buying, post a [TRADE] topic.
- It is prohibited to post on someone's topic that you are seeking the same items they're looking for! It's also very rude and will likely result in members downgrading your reputation score - so don't do it.
These rules are subject to change at any time. Changes will be posted in this topic. Our goal is to foster a positive sales environment.