You are Here:
Pictorial Review: Rare Playing Cards - Animal Edition 4 - Underwater Animals

Author (Read 517 times)

EndersGame

• Frequent Flyer
  • BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame

Rare Playing Cards With Underwater Animals

Rareadjective.   Not found in large numbers, and so of interest or value.  Not occurring very often.  Unusually good or remarkable.

When it comes to playing cards, what's not rare are the "ordinary" decks of playing cards most of us see and perhaps use all the time.  You can find these in abundance at your local department or corner-store.  But what about an artistic deck of custom playing cards that is truly beautiful and artistic, produced only in small quantities?  These are the kind of rare items that you'll find being sold by online retailer Rare Playing Cards.  They sell hundreds of stunning decks, ones that are not easily found or purchased elsewhere, and are typically of high quality card stock, with unique and beautiful designs.

But high quality playing cards aren't the only thing that can be rare.  The same is true of animals, particularly in our modern world, where urban development at time threatens the habitat and homes of various animal species, some of which are facing very real threats for survival, and becoming increasingly rare.  There are also animals which are not under threat as such, but nonetheless are rarely seen.  When is the last time you saw a walrus, a water buffalo, or a crocodile?  Exactly.  For most of us, that's rare.

In this review, I want to take a journey with you to check out the beauty of some rare playing cards.  And in keeping with the "rare" theme, let's especially take a trip to the animal world, to see if we can find some decks of playing cards that give us the opportunity to enjoy some of the beautiful animals that we might rarely see in normal life.  Now let me warn you in advance: expect some gushing enthusiasm!  I love decks of playing cards like these, and I love the fact that I can get them at a one-stop-shop online.  They've made great gifts for family and friends, both gamers and non-gamers alike, and they also make great prices for tournaments.  So let's get our tour started, hop into our online safari bus, and get started!

Little Atlantis deck

Finally, on the lighter side of things, let's head under the sea, and check out some of the creatures that can be found there, in the Little Atlantis deck.

You even get a choice: do you want to visit by Day or by Night?  Let's first see what underwater creatures we can find in a day-time visit.

This deck has its setting a peaceful and prosperous kingdom under the sea, which is ruled by four families.

Each family has its own qualities, with Spades representing Wisdom and Clubs representing Power.

Hearts represents Love, and Diamonds represents Justice.

The number cards have schools of fish corresponding to the number of pips.

As for the Night deck, it is populated by the same creatures, but with a different colour scheme that reflects a nocturnal setting.

While the artwork is unchanged, the black background and different colours result in a whole different look.

This deck was designed by Devina of Yellow Dice Studio, and produced by Gamblers Warehouse.

As day turns to night, and darkness ends our tour of the animal world, it's fitting that we've ended on a very charming and positive note!

Recommendation

So are these animal themed decks from Rare Playing Cards something for you?

If you're looking for an unusual or high quality deck of playing cards, the selection you'll find at Rare Playing Cards is so vast, that it even includes some of the exotic and rarely seen beasts like the ones pictured above.  Some of them are breath-takingly beautiful, and I am especially excited about the artwork of the 17 year old prodigy in the new GAIA deck. But I'm glad that this artistic and creative talent is combined with elegance in design, with decks like the Chameleon deck and Killer Bees deck breathing luxury inside and out.  Others, like the Animal Kingdom deck and Little Atlantis deck, have more of a whimsical feel.

At the same time, all these decks are excellent quality in terms of card-stock and handling. Rare Playing Cards only stocks playing cards with a high standard of quality that matches the creativity and style of the artwork and design, such as those printed by US Playing Card Company or Legends Playing Card Company; printers  which have an established reputation for the best quality in playing cards.

Like most people, I love nature and animals, and so it's beautiful to discover decks of playing cards that showcase the magnificence of these precious creatures, and in some cases even give financial support to sustaining them in years to come.  Such rarities deserve to be preserved for future generations, and these rare playing cards help us honour these wonders of the natural world.  I'm very pleased to to recommend the decks I've featured in this review!

What to learn more? Check out Rare Playing Cards

Direct links for the decks featured in this review:
- Wild Animals: GAIA Playing Cards and Animal Kingdom Playing Cards
- Unique Animals: Mantecore Playing Cards and Chameleon Playing Cards
- Flying Animals: Bumble Bee Playing Cards and  Killer Bee Playing Cards
- Underwater Animals: Little Atlantis Playing Cards

These decks are also available at your favourite Murphy's Magic retailer. See the product pages at Murphy's Magic for Little Atlantis Day, Little Atlantis Night
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:53:58 PM by EndersGame »
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame =>  Playing Card Reviews <=>  Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=