You are Here:
Legends v1 vs v2

Author (Read 1748 times)

Legends v1 vs v2
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »

bruh man

Hey guys I am interested in picking up the legend playing cards but not sure which version to go with, was hoping someone could break down the differences for me. Which version do you guys personally prefer?

Re: Legends v1 vs v2
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:18:40 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Dude, theses cards are some of the best handling decks out there, why get one?! Buy both ;)

If it helps, v1 has hidden features for you to crack. There's a looooooong topic on that on the board if you just search for it.

And although the topic is v1 v v2, don't forget Egyptian legends :p
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:47:38 AM »

bruh man

Dude, theses cards are some of the best handling decks out there, why get one?! Buy both ;)

If it helps, v1 has hidden features for you to crack. There's a looooooong topic on that on the board if you just search for it.

And although the topic is v1 v v2, don't forget Egyptian legends :p
Thanks for the reply, I found some of the other threads regarding legends.  I now plan on picking up both versions eventually after seeing all the positive reviews.  I'm new to collecting cards, didn't realize how there are so many amazing decks out there.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
The major differences are simple.

V2 was a straight deck.  It had one joker with a reveal or two on it, but that was it.  Came in black, red and blue.  The tuck box had a cutout in the back displaying the "LS" logo.

V1 was more of a magician's deck.  Among the many hidden features was a one-way mark and a marking system to identify suit and value.  The "LS" logo on the back is reversed so at a glance you can tell the difference between a V2 and a V1 of the same color.  V1 came in red, blue and "metallic green" - it didn't look very metallic to me, more like a bit pale.  No cutout on the back.

Both decks were made to the same high quality standards, using German black-core stock imported to the printer in Taipei.  If you've never handled a deck from that factory before and have only used USPC all your life, you'll notice an immediate difference in the feel of the cards.  The coating is unique and the cards are just this side of indestructible, especially compared to most of USPC's mass-produced output.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:33:21 PM »

bruh man

The major differences are simple.

V2 was a straight deck.  It had one joker with a reveal or two on it, but that was it.  Came in black, red and blue.  The tuck box had a cutout in the back displaying the "LS" logo.

V1 was more of a magician's deck.  Among the many hidden features was a one-way mark and a marking system to identify suit and value.  The "LS" logo on the back is reversed so at a glance you can tell the difference between a V2 and a V1 of the same color.  V1 came in red, blue and "metallic green" - it didn't look very metallic to me, more like a bit pale.  No cutout on the back.

Both decks were made to the same high quality standards, using German black-core stock imported to the printer in Taipei.  If you've never handled a deck from that factory before and have only used USPC all your life, you'll notice an immediate difference in the feel of the cards.  The coating is unique and the cards are just this side of indestructible, especially compared to most of USPC's mass-produced output.
OK that clarifies it, Thanks.

I was looking for this deck to be used more for magic so the V1 would be more suitable for me, but I'm now thinking of just getting the Legends Egyptian edition  if they have many of the same hidden features they look really nice and are cheaper.  I am not sure if they have a one way back but I believe it's a marked deck as well, also not sure if the original Legends have more in terms of reveals or any extra bells and whistles. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 07:34:05 PM by bruh man »

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 12:59:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

I was looking for this deck to be used more for magic so the V1 would be more suitable for me, but I'm now thinking of just getting the Legends Egyptian edition  if they have many of the same hidden features they look really nice and are cheaper.  I am not sure if they have a one way back but I believe it's a marked deck as well, also not sure if the original Legends have more in terms of reveals or any extra bells and whistles.

It would be difficult to top Legends v1 for magic-oriented bells and whistles.  Best to get at least one of each version in either red or blue.  That way you can make deck swaps as needed, should you want to hand over the deck for closer scrutiny.  If you have the right hardware or know someone who does, you could even give the v1 a stripped edge to make it a real miracle-maker.

Though you do have to bear in mind that for a regular working deck, some find it best to have something that's in regular production, always available when you need more - in straight and gimmicked versions, unless you gimmick the decks yourself.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »

bruh man

It would be difficult to top Legends v1 for magic-oriented bells and whistles.  Best to get at least one of each version in either red or blue.  That way you can make deck swaps as needed, should you want to hand over the deck for closer scrutiny.  If you have the right hardware or know someone who does, you could even give the v1 a stripped edge to make it a real miracle-maker.

Though you do have to bear in mind that for a regular working deck, some find it best to have something that's in regular production, always available when you need more - in straight and gimmicked versions, unless you gimmick the decks yourself.
That's actually a great idea Don, that's what I'm going to do. Pick up a one of each in a certain color, I don't need it to be main deck just something I can pull out on certain occasions for certain performances.

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 07:26:49 PM »

kdklown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

• Twitter:
Legends V1=Best deck of cards on the planet.  That is all.  Please continue. 

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 10:18:49 PM »

bruh man

Legends V1=Best deck of cards on the planet.  That is all.  Please continue.
That is good to know, can't wait to get them.